Start by marking “One Night with His Wife” as Want to Read:
One Night with His Wife

One Night with His Wife (Queens of Romance Collection)

Luc Sarrazin's marriage to Star had been hasty and brief. Star had disappeared, but Luc had never filed for divorce.Eighteen months later, Luc tracks Star down -- fearing she's involved in a fraud. When he discovers that Star is the mother of twins, he feels doubly deceived!

Luc conceded he would have the fraud charge dropped if Star will spend just one last time in his bed
Hardcover, Large Print, 288 pages
Published August 1st 2000 by Thorndike Press (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about One Night with His Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Night with His Wife

StMargarets
Rhapsody
Jul 07, 2008 Rhapsody rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance, fiction
This is the kind of romance novel that makes me start feeling, halfway through, like I just want to drop romance novels for good. I disliked both the hero and the heroine, but I especially disliked the way Luc treated Star. They married when Star was just eighteen. The night after they had sex, she ran off. She never told him about their twins. Eighteen months later, he appeared because of a mess her mother got involved with.

Any time she got emotional, he told her to stop being irrational and st
Jacqueline
4 stars for the crazy. This girl is incredibly young and a couple of years before the book starts she is married to Luc at 18 and is so crazy about him that she chases him relentlessly. It was pretty realistic because 18 year olds can do that sort of thing. The kind of thing that you look back at from 30 or 40 and cringe. So I cringed for her. There was POV from both the H and the h so we saw that even though he didn't admit it to himself the hero was in love with her. Really it seemed like thes ...more
KC
Looks like I'm in the minority on this one because I didn't enjoy it. At. All. I did not like Luc or Star. Luc acted quite cold and mean to Star, who was a very young and weak-willed 20-year-old. Star fell too easily into bed with Luc despite his crappy treatment of her. I also didn't see why they fell in love with each other. They didn't seem to feel much affection or even have chemistry between them. Luc supposedly had been in love with Star for a while and didn't realize it. He did a very goo ...more
IamGamz
Another wonderful classic Lynne Graham. Older man, younger girl, lack of communication, secret baby. The perfect recipe for a really good read!
Cherise
Vikram M N
Jun 30, 2012 Vikram M N rated it did not like it
This book by Lynne Graham is one of the worstest of books I’ve ever read in my life. Don’t ask me what else do you expect out of Mills and Boons? I expected at least how female fantasy would be like. Got bored of Male fantasy and to gain some knowledge of the fairer sex I read this book. I wouldn’t have complained even if it didn’t have any story but it didn’t even satisfy by sexual urge. That’s how terrible the book was.

To start with the title was cheesy enough but given the erotic genre (or th
Azet
Dec 31, 2016 Azet rated it it was amazing
(Swedish REVIEW)

Det här är min fjärde eller femte bok av Graham,och hittils den absolut bästa.Eftersom jag är en obotligt hopplös romantiker har den här boken allt jag älskar:spännande angsty,het romantik och sådan söt kärlek att jag bara vill svimma.Hjälten Luc,är en typisk hjälte av Graham.Han är en kallhjärtad sexig miljonär,som gör allt för att få kvinnan han älskar.Hjältinnan Star är en stark och envis kvinna som försöker stå emot sina känslor för honom,men hon lyckas inte ett enda dugg.

Fan
Lupita Figueroa BookLoverRomantic
Es una historia de muchos enredos entre los protagonistas. Pero resulta imposible dejar de leer una novela de Lynne Graham. Al final, como esperaba, he disfrutado el rato.
Desirée
Jan 25, 2017 Desirée rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporanea
Terminado de leer el 10/01/2010
sbf20112011
Aug 28, 2014 sbf20112011 rated it it was amazing
Adorable. Another angsty-yet-lighthearted read by LG. She is so good at creating pompous asshat heroes who are just bowled over by sweet, bubbly, ditzy heroines. Loved that the hero was totally smitten, even when he didn't know it himself.
Char
This book did not have the writing style of other LG books.
LadyP
Mar 03, 2017 LadyP rated it did not like it
Useless. I don't know how else to describe this book. Flighty, immature heroine. Why do some authors try to frame books about lustful heros and heroines as romance? Nothing about this book was romantic. Pure waste of time. I forced myself to finishing reading this hoping it would get better. It didn't.
Victoria
Nov 17, 2011 Victoria rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Though there were some parts I really couldn’t stand and at times, I really wanted to strangle the heroine, Star, overall it was a pretty enjoyable read. Besides the hero, Luc is really hot:P That just takes away the entire focus on the heroine!

Alright, let’s get started. Luc and Star are married. But after a few weeks of a disastrous marriage that Luc never wanted, but Star yearned for, she ran away because she was really ashamed of her behaviour, if I read her right
Maura
Teresa
If you get past the 'aquamarine' eyes which the author maybe overused, I quite enjoyed this. She possibly over described the two of the characters at times, but then this is Mills and Boon Romance.

Luc's arrogance and Star's way to protect herself gave a great fiery conflict actually, which I enjoyed.

I wasn't disappointed by this book as some of the reviews on here lead me to believe that I would be. Worth reading if you want to read about a fiery, heated relationship.
Claire
Apr 26, 2011 Claire rated it really liked it
I hate it when heroine just so eagerly falls into the bed with hero 1) the minute they see each other after months or years of absence and 2) when none of the issues have been resolved and 3) they're both still angry with each other.
But the ending made up for this. Hero thoughtfully planned and executed a blessing of vows and he realized that now the heroine could easily vanished if she wished to do so.
Ditsy and hippy heroine.
Putri Septiana
It was A-okay. Sometimes the conversation is rather confusing that I can't keep the direction of it. A rather cute hero, everyone can see he is a fool in love from the beginning of the book. As always, the heroine has a stupid trait in her and too young for my taste. The ending is so anticlimax I didn't like it.
Bookabulary
Oct 05, 2016 Bookabulary rated it liked it
Shelves: second-chances
I had a bit of a love-and-hate relationship with this book. I'm a huge fan of second chances so I was ready to get suckered into this story. Unfortunately, it did not quite accomplish that goal. But there were some okay scenes that managed to save this entire read.
E. R.
May 19, 2010 E. R. rated it it was ok
I decided to skim through it because I just felt like it. I got interested in the book because it was mentioned in a blog, so I got curious and wanted to read it.

It was a nice story about Star and Luc Sarazzin.
Jesica
Dec 27, 2016 Jesica rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
BLOG: www.adictaxictoxico.blogspot.com

entre Star y Juno casi acaban con mis nervios, me dieron ganas de sacudir y gritarle a estas dos mujeres durante todo el libro.
Jenny
Mar 21, 2013 Jenny rated it did not like it
I couldn't warm up to the heroine no matter how hard I tried!
Tia
Feb 09, 2014 Tia rated it really liked it
Awwe. Luc got his feelings handed to him. Typical male, he took a long time to figure out just what Star meant to him. I was so proud of Star, she grew up so quickly and well.
Ker
Apr 18, 2012 Ker rated it really liked it
A mi me encantan los libros de Lynne, pero este resultó un poco mareante
Grace Hamilton
Jun 02, 2015 Grace Hamilton rated it really liked it
M&B interesting read
Mydearloverboy
Sep 10, 2013 Mydearloverboy rated it really liked it
the hero was such a jerk...it started to get on my nerves...
overall, 3.5 stars!
Not as good as other works by this author...
Janice
Liked this book in the beginning. Was leaning toward 4 stars, but then the ending was just so rushed and weird. Seriously, the scene with her parents did it for me. Did not like it.
Ernestine Martin
Ernestine Martin rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2017
Hrsd
Hrsd rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2015
Maldheetah
Maldheetah rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2016
  • The Second Mrs Adams
  • The Purchased Wife
  • The Wedding Ultimatum (Wedlocked!)
  • Betrayal in Bali
  • The Winter Heart
  • Baby of Shame
  • Million-Dollar Love-Child
  • A Lingering Melody
  • The Marcolini Blackmail Marriage (Marcolini Men, #1) (Harlequin Presents, #2845)
  • Husband on Trust
  • Secret Baby, Convenient Wife

Lynne Graham was born on July 30, 1956 of Irish-Scottish parentage. She has livedin Northern Ireland all her life. She grew up in a seaside village with herbrother. She learnt to read at the age of 3, and haven't stopped since then.

Lynne first met her husband when she was 1
More about Lynne Graham...

Queens of Romance Collection (6 books)
  • Her Lover, Her Husband?
  • Innocence Betrayed
  • Tycoon Lovers
  • Hot-Blooded Affairs
  • Jet Set Wives (Queens of Romance Collection)