Start by marking “An Arabian Courtship” as Want to Read:
An Arabian Courtship

An Arabian Courtship

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  156 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Polly didn't expect to be happy

Family loyalty and the knowledge that her love for Chris would never be returned led Polly to accept marriage to Prince Raschid, heir to a desert kingdom.

The problems she thought she'd face were practical ones--such as how she'd adjust to life in a very different culture.

What a shock it was to discover that the handsome autocratic man she'd m
Paperback, Harlequin Presents #1313, 189 pages
Published November 1990 by Harlequin Books (first published January 1st 1989)

To ask other readers questions about An Arabian Courtship, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Arabian Courtship

RebeccaL
Jul 24, 2012 RebeccaL rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: hp
I liked this story very much. I am glad to see a H that wasn't mean. Yes, he may have his moments of anger but most of the time he is logical. Comparatively I feel sometimes the heroine actions and respond are a bit childish. They both entered this marriage of convenience for their own reason but the hero did approach it with much more tolerance and sense while I can't help to feel the heroine is less considerate. She made her decision to marry into a loveless marriage and the hero did ensure sh ...more
Leona
Geez ...this is one unpalatable book. There really isn't anything redeeming about either the Hero or the heroine.

He is a brutal nasty character, making it clear that she is only there for his physical needs. She falls head over heels for someone that constantly treats her like trash.

The parents force her to marry him to save them from a horrible financial situation...and she decides it's okay to sell herself because the man she really loves only sees her as a friend.

She is immature and spouts
Booked
description

Polly didn't expect to be happy

What a shock it was to discover that the handsome autocratic man she'd married was a complex and wonderful companion--and that her emotions were certainly involved!
Claude Road
Roub
hilarious one ! i liked it so much! i felt rashid was besotted right from the start; at 1st ofc wid lust, then wid love. rashid's misadventure wid his 1st wife was treated lightly. i mean he was not a dark hero. he was compassionate, kind n loving. i did not feel he used her as a mistress in his bed. if they did not communicate enough, it was bcoz polly avoided him. on their very 1st meeting, she knew what 2 expect from him n the marriage bcoz he was very honest n direct wid her. she was very qu ...more
Cotito Hernández
Bien esta reseña será un poquito más corta que las otras a menos que se me vayan los dedos y bueno, ya saben. Llegué a esta novela cuando leí la adaptación de ella con dos personajes de Harry Potter, si lo sé, es algo extraño, pero bueno, siempre coloco como llegué a los libros. Lo busqué y cuando lo encontré me di cuenta que era muy barato porque era parte de una colección de novelas del mismo tipo que sacan colección como Bianca o Jasmín, estoy segura que más de alguna habrá llegado a ellas má ...more
Susan Wawa
Novel ini menceritakan pangeran arab Raschid (seorang duda) yg dijodohin sama polly 19 tahun (cewek inggris) (kalian entar bisa baca kenapa mereka dijodohin,panjang soalnya kalo mau di tulis ^^).

Novelnya bagus, cuma gue pusing bacanya di ebook, inggrisnya kacau banget, point2nya dan alurnya masih bisa di mengerti, Pangeran arab Raschid keturunan org prancis dari neneknya dan kakeknya arab, ortunya arab perawakannya matanya biru, rambut item, tinggi, macho, cool dan pastinya kaya raya, posesif.

B
sbf20112011
Maybe I just wasn't in the mood, but this one didn't grab me even though it had some elements I normally enjoy (heroine illness, can't-have babies-angst that gets resolved). Though on the other hand I tend to dislike Arabian romances, but make exceptions for my favorite authors like LG. The Arabian context wasn't too bad in this one but it puts a damper on the HEA for me knowing that for the rest of her life she's going to have to go out in public wearing a burka. Arabian setting aside, I think ...more
R
Awful, Hero was not much of one old school HP not fond of them at times.
April Brookshire
Liked this, but it could've been more exciting.

Obviously by the end the hero admits his love (like most Harlequins)

But he was so cold until then

and I wanted more groveling
Claudia
Releido: 1/1/2014
Carol Storm
This one is Lynne Graham's best -- along with THE CORSICAN GAMBIT by Sandra Marton, it is the best Harlequin Presents I have ever read!
Anya
Loved it!
chidimma
chidimma is currently reading it
Feb 25, 2015
Tessa
Tessa marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Jessica Carbaugh
Jessica Carbaugh marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Ale Snape li
Ale Snape li marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Julie Grayham
Julie Grayham marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Anne
Anne added it
Dec 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Desert King, Pregnant Mistress (Bought for Her Baby) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #18)
  • The Sheikh's Virgin Princess
  • The Arabian Love-Child
  • The Sheikh's Ransomed Bride (Surrender to the Sheikh) (Harlequin Presents, #2649)
  • The Italian's Suitable Wife
  • Innocent Wife, Baby of Shame
  • At the Sheikh's Bidding (Harlequin Presents, #2760)
  • The Greek Tycoon's Love-Child
  • One Night, One Baby
  • The Italian's Wedding Ultimatum (Modern Romance S.)
  • Chosen as the Frenchman's Bride
  • The Spaniard's Defiant Virgin (Modern Romance, #711)
  • Master of Her Virtue
  • Expecting His Love-Child (House of Kolovsky #1)

Lynne Graham was born on July 30, 1956 of Irish-Scottish parentage. She has livedin Northern Ireland all her life. She grew up in a seaside village with herbrother. She learnt to read at the age of 3, and haven't stopped since then.

Lynne first met her husband when she was 1
More about Lynne Graham...
The Italian's Inexperienced Mistress (Ruthless) The Spanish Groom Bond of Hatred The Spanish Billionaire's Pregnant Wife Ruthless Magnate, Convenient Wife