Start by marking “The Path to Love: Spiritual Strategies for Healing” as Want to Read:
The Path to Love: Spiritual Strategies for Healing

The Path to Love: Spiritual Strategies for Healing

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  1,209 ratings  ·  71 reviews
Join Deepak Chopra on a wondrous journey. . . "The Path to Love." Philosophical, inspiring, and ultimately very practical, The Path to Love is a book that can change lives as it invites the spirit to work its wonders on the most complex and richly rewarding terrain of all: the human heart.

From the Trade Paperback edition.
Published January 12th 1998 by Harmony (first published December 16th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about The Path to Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Path to Love

The Power of Now by Eckhart TolleThe Four Agreements by Miguel RuizA New Earth by Eckhart TolleYou Can Heal Your Life by Louise L. HayEat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
Healing & Spirituality
90th out of 505 books — 524 voters
The Alchemist by Paulo CoelhoOm Chanting and Meditation by Amit RayA New Earth by Eckhart TolleGazing Into the Eternal by BelsebuubThe Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
Best Spiritual Books
177th out of 526 books — 529 voters

More lists with this book...

Lilly G
My mom has always had a thing against Chopra for commercializing Rumi. She makes up Chopra jokes and ignores the fact that he lives in her town. I should mention here that I am incredibly influenced by my mom's opinions, but one (sad, depressed) day, I found myself buying 2 of his books at Borders. I had read one before and I didn't care for it much, but I felt compelled to give him another try. It must have been the vain author portrait on the cover of the book?

This book isn't as cheesy as it s
Roxanne Kazda
This book helped me during cancer.
Paula
Few excerpts I found particularly meaningful:

The reason that ego and love are not compatible comes down to this: you cannot take your ego into the unknown, where love wants to lead. If you follow love, your life will become uncertain, and the ego craves certainty. You will have to surrender to another person and the ego prizes its own will above anyone else's.

Energy is a self-renewing commodity. Its flow isn't diminished by how much you take away. Love is eternal and unbounded, it is only we wh
Shikha Pillai
Found this the best of Deepak Chopra's books so far. Addresses a subject I ponder the most on - Love, and Chopra does an in-depth take on the subject. Some parts of it challenged notions I'd carried for a long time.

The book is a keeper for me; there are days when I just pick up the book and randomly flit its pages, and re-read the content I land on, and find profound meaning in it, yet again.

Wouldn't recommend the book for everyone - it will resonate with you only based on the stage you are in,
Tim
This is my favorite Deepak Chopra book so far. Even though the main focus is to help couples heal, sustain, or take their love to the next level, the book is every bit as helpful to a single person because each of us must foster a relationship with, and learn to love, our own true Self in order to see Love in another person. Deepak Chopra takes us through many spiritual traditions and quotes a wide variety of poets and writers to give a deep, profound knowledge of the concept of love and how to ...more
Debby Eubank
This book is definitely one of my most favorite books and is one I re-read periodically as I go deeper into my spiritual journey. It defines for me the ideal spiritual relationship, one based upon unconditional love and seeing the Spirit within as the foundation for true intimacy. I read this to understand how to deepen relationships, understand the relationships I had created in the past and was currently experiencing, with a deep calling to establish truly loving relationships. Beautifully Dee ...more
Carol
Aug 07, 2008 Carol rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Carol by: GG Nana, in an odd sort of why
I read The Path of Love: Renewing the Power of Spirit in Your Life by Deepak Chopra, which I couldn't find in the book listings. It was a large print edition I found among my grandmother's books after she passed away. I read it a few months ago just after reading Eckhart Tolle's New Earth and I remember being stunned that the message was the same, "Live in the Now", but that this was such an easier, non-egotistical, not over-intellectualized version. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and hear ...more
Luke
Having not read any of Chopra's work and but upon the recommendation from a dear friend I decided to see what was in store beneath it's cover. Despite considering myself a pretty open person I must admit I definitely would have shied away from any book with such a clichéd title!

Glad I didn't as it was a delightful read.

Having previously enjoyed exploring the Upanishards, Ashtavakra Gita and other Vedic texts this book resonated with me and reminded me of some of the earliest realisations that h
Sharon Powers

The Path to Love by Deepak Chopra.
Book Review by: Sharon Powers.

I have selected this book, The Path to Love: Spiritual Strategies for Healing by Deepak Chopra, in honor of the month of love, February, in which we celebrate Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day occurs every year on February 14th. Many people view this day, spent celebrating love, thinking that it is for couples, for romantic love.

When we think about it, though, we remember being children and giving our mother, father, teacher, and
Waseem
Didn't really get much from this book compared to Deepaks other work - seemed a bit vague in some respect and couldn't pull me in...

Besides the benefits and of the importance of one being able to love themselves first - in the path being able to love - nothing exactly ground breaking? Or a must pick up book that I'd recommend to get one "enlightened" ...

Or perhaps I've missed something - maybe if you've read the book and reading thus review would love to here your thought I'm the comments sectio
Stacie
I love it. It is a breath of fresh pepperminty air.
Lainie
Although this book uses love between two people as its main focus, single people can learn much about self-love. Whether to equip oneself for continual solo healing or learn techniques that will help make the next relationship more successful, the teachings here provide insights and actionable methods.

I found this book difficult to read straight through, although there were many passages of value: teachings that rang true with me or that gave me a new way of thinking about some or other aspect
Mill Neyugn
He challenges my view on true love, and open up a new way to look at it. Romantic love or any kind of love.
I have trouble finding meaning behind some parts of the book, and some parts of it seems too "easy", or too vague.
I read it whenever I find it hard to cope with fears in the path to love, then I know I have to love, no matter what.
Jan
Same lessons that Chopra teaches all the time, based in Vedic philosophy. This time, slanted to help people with love, which really is connection with Divine. In other words, all lessons are part of the same path. Many paths lead to the same place.

But I digress. An excellent book, and one I highly recommend for those on the path to awareness and self-actualization.
Katie
This book ended up being less of a "read cover to cover" and more of a "read when you know you need it."

I know people have their doubts about Chopra, and this is the first book I've read by him so I can't really comment on a broader scale--but I thought it was wonderful and all that crap.

The title could easily be interpreted as a marketing ploy or put it on a shelf next to a tacky "Love Detox!!!!" book but what the book really teaches you is how to confront your own issues and build communicati
Vaden Earle
This book came highly recommended by a friend and I have never regretted any of her recommendations till now. I shocked her when I actually bought the book because I typically can't stand Chopra. Don't get me wrong, some of his theories are profound but his writing is horrible. I guess horrible is a strong word. I feel like he assumes that his audience are a bunch of simple minded gits, and he writes accordingly. Maybe he is right. Chopra has some good ideas but this book's writing is best suite ...more
Janet
Nov 20, 2010 Janet rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone in a loving relationship!
Recommended to Janet by: my husband
I'll be doing a more thorough review for my blog, but I will start by saying this is a must read for anybody in any loving relationship - either long-term or brand new. You will learn so much about why things go wrong...and, how you can do your part to keep the relationship emotionally and spiritually healthy. I am happy to say that I am doing quite well by Mr. Chopra's standards...not that I am perfect in all my actions by any means, but I was able to see that my awareness and goals are my grea ...more
Julia
Some of it was long and boring, but overall a good message. Like all Deepak Chopra's books I have read, he declares that the best way to know your self, know God, have love in your life, and be happy is through meditation. If you read some of his other books you don't need to read this one to get that message. I liked learning about the ancient Vedic teachings, and meditation suggestions, but some of the relationship stories I didn't care about all that much.
Michael Vinal
A powerful thought: The path to love is never about externals. However good or bad you feel about your relationship, the person you are with at this moment is the "right" person, because he or she is a mirror of who you are inside. When you struggle with your partner, you are struggling with yourself. Every fault you see in them touches a denied weakness in yourself. Every conflict you wage is an excuse not to face a conflict within.
Tammy Sadorus
Dec 09, 2007 Tammy Sadorus rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone going through a hard time in life/love
I read this book in a very dark hour of my life. The book has an interactive exercise at the end of each chapter. I believe you can get something important out of those exercises if you apply yourself to them. I did, and I felt like this book had changed my life in a way that I never thought possible. It taught me patience, and gave me a sense of healing and closure. I highly recommend this book.
Samantha Johnson
Really amazing insight from Indian-born & culturally/religiously influenced renowned cardiologist/writer Deepak Chopra on love and relationships. Chopra currently lives in La Jolla, CA.

Practical way of looking at love and current relationships, examining your own ways of sabotaging love and redirecting your actions for a more healthy approach.

Loved it.
Cristina
I usually don't read Spiritual books, but I felt that Deepak Chopra was full of truth,I found some of the meditation practices a little cheesy but it was refreshing to read something out of the ordinary for me. The major teachings were common sense, but we are all in need of reminders from time to time. Overall, it was a beautifully written book.
Duffy Doherty
I gave this book 5 stars. I regularly read spiritual material and have read several books by Mr Chopra. Unless you were raised by Mother Theresa and Dr. Phil, you will find yourself in this book and you will find the way out of yourself in it too. We all crave love. This book shows where it has been hiding... Hurray for Deepak Chopra!
Amelia
This book was inspiring to read, but did not have any lasting effect. Chopra's writing sounds amazing when he tells you what has happened in his own life, but I have not seen the same effect in my own after reading this book and even practicing some of the meditation exercises.
Dayla
Beautiful book, and I absolutely loved it when I read it in 1997. Now it is 2013, and guess what, I am sick of Deepak Chopra. If you have never read a Deepak Chopra book, then you will love it. But you will see that after 16 years, Deepak and I have grown distant.
Yaron
I remember reading this book and doing the exercises at a time when I really needed support with self-love. This book helped a lot. Deepak Chopra has a gentle way of showing the potential to love yourself and others that lies within each and every one of us.
Robb Menlove
I give very few books 5 stars, and this would I would give 6. Excellent, profound, and important. Like most great books like this, those who need it the most would probably not care to hear what he has to say. I will definitely read more by Deepak Chopra.
Shanta
One word...amazing. I have long been a fan of Deepak Chopra. I appreciate this book's ability to expand my thinking about love and relationships--especially as it relates to developing a relationship with the most important person of all--the self!

Kunzang Dolma
Jun 17, 2013 Kunzang Dolma is currently reading it
When I met Dr. Deepak Chopra in Oklahoma City I got him to sign this book I was given as a birthday present by my past boss Dr. Amit Gumman. That really made that book complete to have this book signed by two extraordinary Ayurvedic Doctors.
  • Home with God: In a Life That Never Ends
  • Unfinished Business: What the Dead Can Teach Us About Life
  • The Secret Language of Dreams: A Visual Key to Dreams and Their Meanings
  • Soul Mates: Honouring the Mysteries of Love and Relationship
  • The Art of Presence
Deepak Chopra, MD serves as the Founder and Chairman of The Chopra Foundation, and Co-Founder of the Chopra Center for Wellbeing.

As a global leader and pioneer in the field of mind-body medicine, Chopra transforms the way the world views physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social wellness. Known as a prolific author of eighty books books with twenty-two New York Times best sellers in both
More about Deepak Chopra...
The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment of Your Dreams Ageless Body, Timeless Mind: The Quantum Alternative to Growing Old Buddha: A Story of Enlightenment The Book of Secrets: Unlocking the Hidden Dimensions of Your Life Quantum Healing: Exploring the Frontiers of Mind Body Medicine

“There can be no sense of security in your existence when it depends upon outside factors, for the unpredictable changes of reality can never be controlled.” 2 likes
“it {romantic love} really isn't about two people who have fallen madly for each other; it's about two people seeing spirit in each other.” 2 likes