Start by marking “Quantum Healing: Exploring the Frontiers of Mind Body Medicine” as Want to Read:
Quantum Healing: Exploring the Frontiers of Mind Body Medicine

Quantum Healing: Exploring the Frontiers of Mind Body Medicine

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  3,784 ratings  ·  91 reviews
Here is an extraordinary new approach to healing by an extraordinary physician-writer -- a book filled with the mystery, wonder, and hope of people who have experienced seemingly miraculous recoveries from cancer and other serious illnesses.

Dr. Deepak Chopra, a respected New England endocrinologist, began his search for answers when he saw patients in his own practice who
Published May 1st 1990 by Bantam (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Quantum Healing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quantum Healing

Marie-Jo Fortis

Deepak Chopra is an endocrinologist who starts doubting the supremacy of the western approach to medicine. That doesn’t mean he denies his training altogether. But he cannot forget his Indian roots, either. In fact, when he finds out that mind and body are able to cure a person if they work together, or kill her if they work against each other, he returns to the traditional Indian medical approach that they call Ayurveda.

Ayurveda means “the knowledge for long life” in Sanskrit. Because it com
Eoin Flynn
This only gets 1 star because zero isn't allowed.

I can only assume that this has over 4 stars on average because the typical person who seeks this book out is already prone to believing the nonsense within.

I can assure you, as a scientist, with a PhD in Materials Science and plenty of quantum mechanics in my background (though obviously, I don't know it anywhere near as well as a dedicated physicist in the area would) - Deepak Chopra does not have the fainest understanding of quantum mechanics.
Kathy Worrell  ツ
I abandoned this book after about 100 pages, it's just too technical.
Michael Poeltl
A super book that explains the science behind the seemingly magical ability to heal yourself with your mind, your thoughts and feelings. Truly insprirational reading. If you're into science, spirituality, or both, you will very much enjoy this book. If you're struggling with a desease, this line of thought is definately worth a try. Lots of case studies inclulded.
Placebo Effect

Too painful for me to explain here. If you believe in this stuff do so after you look up the two terms
This book blew my mind like 10,000 times!
Stephanie Macdonald
This was a great book. It really is fascinating how our bodies naturally rejuvenate and heal. We have a new liver every 6 weeks; how neat is that! Our minds are such powerful tools and I believe influence our bodies... there is a disconnection and connection between the two and the way we think about things, like illness, the more we will see it in our lives. It's like the person who wakes up in the morning and stubs their toe, then spills their morning coffee, and the person starts focusing on ...more
Elizabeth Carson
Deepak Chopra’s book, long in the tooth now as a passing fad – is interesting for me in what it says about human psychology, especially Americans. And that is, a desperate need to animate their spiritual selves now vacated in a high tech, capitalistic world that increasingly dominates them. Chopra fills that need with a New Age mix of Eastern mysticism, pseudo-science, junk science, and outright snake oil. He uses enough (far too much) science jargon to make those who live in our “science enviro ...more
Srividhya R
Jun 05, 2013 Srividhya R rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Patients
n this book, Deepak Chopra narrates about the killer disease "Cancer/Tumor" and how it affects the people's perception about the world once they are caught by this deadly disease. He aims at shifting the mind of the reader, so they can believe that any chronic illness in their body can be healed. Completely, without traces.

He narrates about the peculiar cases, where some patients had banished this deadly disease from their body miraculously. He initiates this powerful belief in the reader's mind
I'll preface this review by telling you that I have a bone spur on my left heel, and related plantar fasciitis, and I've had pain when walking/running for the better part of this last year. I have tried stretching, and some very expensive prescription orthotic inserts. I have been very frustrated with how slow the healing process has been. My husband loaned me this book as a possible alternative solution.

Deepak Chopra may be commonly known as more of a "woo woo" spiritual author, but he is also
Ive never been disappointed with a book by Deepak Chopra and the worst thing I can say about this one is that it's way too short.
Jess Holdstock
Inspirational, mind expanding and really interesting look at the boundary between the body and the mind. For anyone who has experienced the limitations of modern medicine, this is a great exploration of what where medicine finishes and the power of spirituality and the quantum universe picks up.
Maarten Koller
Whoa! There is so much bullshit in here! Don't know where to start. If you think you have learned something from this book, write one or two things down and ask a local expert about the subject. Then tell him what you 'learned' in this book about it, prepare to be laughed at!
"The vital issue is not how to win the war but how to keep peace in the first place."
(This is written in the context of the immune system, but equally applicable out-of-context.)
Elizabeth Clark
no practical explanations for his method and no documentation of his sources
What a fucking quack.
Every now and then, I have an attack of optimism that convinces me that now, at long last, I'll have time to spend an hour or so every day improving my Spanish skills. The reality is, that'll happen when I retire from my day job--at which point I'll no longer need to have conversations with Spanish-speaking families.

But lack of time is not really what bogged me down in reading Quantum Healing. It was the repetition of the same idea, over and over again--basically, a rather new-age version of "mi
Oct 21, 2008 Jessica rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: spiritually aware people, especially physicians
Overall, I enjoyed this book. I do wish he would have referenced his assertions so that more research could be done by the reader, however. I also found that some of the assertions were loosely strung together and were not the easiest to follow. I do appreciate any effort to break through into the mystery of this realm of "quantum healing" and appreciate the opportunity to read more about Dr. Chopra's beliefs about it. The one failing of the viewpoint that Doctor Chopra takes in this book, in my ...more
Jenn Wright
This was the first book that really showed me the power of perception. Until this I hadn't thought much about perception and how it can really change your life. Quantum Healing was definitely responsible for the start of my spiritual journey!
Ivan Figueroa-Otero
Impacting on my views at time but never have seen the author repeat this influence on any of his other books. He needs to read my books now!
Derek O'Gorman
"Quantum Healing" is an excellent book, and it has given me a lot to think about. I am anxious to do some further reading, and also to begin to meditate on a regular basis.
In the name of homeostatis, chopra is misusing the term quantum.
Wilma Reiber
So many examples from scientific and other experiments in this book show that there is much more to life than the physical body. Our belief (whatever that is and wherever it is located) affects our physical body.
Today, after so many books have been written and so many discoveries have been made, Quantum Healing appears very basic and 'old news'. But it is still fascinating to read about the grown elephant who is tied up with a flimsy rope. Because he had learned as a young elephant that the rop
Sarah B.
outstanding book about healing.
Oct 07, 2014 Anthony added it
Shelves: spiritual
I absolutely loved it.
H.L. Balcomb
A good read, especially that it is written from a medical doctor's perspective - with practical breakdowns and explanations. Ultimately, I left the book with a great appreciation for the human body, as an instrument of healing and vehicle for obtaining abundance through knowledge empowerment.
This book is totally mind expanding. It goes into the quantum physics of healing. Ultimately Deepak means that the more bliss we are able to experience on a daily basis, the more we increase our health and our chances for doing "the quantum leap" ie going from being ill into complete health. It is the most inspirational and motivational book on why it is so important for us all to meditate on a regular basis. Fascinating read. ...more
Pradip Casey
Is Ayuerveda answer to the simple,holistic approach to heal mind and body.
elegent and well explained...loved it.
Everybody needs to learn about Quantum Physics. It should be taught in high school along with chemistry and biology. Deepak Chopra is a wonderful teacher of our times. In simple language he explains how scientifically we are all One. He brings proves personal power with physical facts. Although his works would fall into the woo woo shelf, he would be the most down to earth author on the shelf.
This book adds gives an opportunity to break down our rigid understanding of healing and medicine. It provides a new perspective and hope to how healing in the future may be safer than our modern time.
Quantum Healing, could also be Pranic Healing, Healing through Energy and though needs more scientific evidence to its efficiency, it is a very promising field, and I do wish to learn more about it.
  • Molecules of Emotion: The Science Behind Mind-Body Medicine
  • Why People Don't Heal and How They Can: A Practical Programme for Healing Body, Mind and Spirit
  • Spontaneous Healing
  • There's a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem
  • Healing Words
  • Living in the Light: A Guide to Personal and Planetary Transformation
  • Minding the Body, Mending the Mind
  • Heal Your Body: The Mental Causes for Physical Illness and the Metaphysical Way to Overcome Them
  • Soul Stories
  • The Celestine Vision: Living the New Spiritual Awareness
  • Wheels of Life: A User's Guide to the Chakra System
Deepak Chopra, MD serves as the Founder and Chairman of The Chopra Foundation, and Co-Founder of the Chopra Center for Wellbeing.

As a global leader and pioneer in the field of mind-body medicine, Chopra transforms the way the world views physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social wellness. Known as a prolific author of eighty books books with twenty-two New York Times best sellers in both
More about Deepak Chopra...
The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment of Your Dreams Ageless Body, Timeless Mind: The Quantum Alternative to Growing Old Buddha: A Story of Enlightenment The Book of Secrets: Unlocking the Hidden Dimensions of Your Life The Way of the Wizard: Twenty Spiritual Lessons for Creating the Life You Want