Start by marking “The Way of the Wizard: Twenty Spiritual Lessons for Creating the Life You Want” as Want to Read:
The Way of the Wizard: Twenty Spiritual Lessons for Creating the Life You Want

The Way of the Wizard: Twenty Spiritual Lessons for Creating the Life You Want

4.09  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,601 Ratings  ·  73 Reviews
The author of the acclaimed New York Times bestsellers The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success and Ageless Body, Timeless Mind now presents a guide to using spiritual alchemy for awakening the magic in everyday life.
Published December 26th 1995 by Harmony (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Way of the Wizard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Way of the Wizard

Steve Cran
Aug 25, 2011 Steve Cran rated it it was amazing
Author Deepak Chopra uses the metaphor of Merlin raising the future King Arthur in the Crystal cave to teach the reader 20 lessons that will transform the reader's life.

Each lesson or chapter is divided into three sections. The first section tells a story where in Arthur learns his lesson from Merlin. The second section is understanding the lesson where the teaching is given further explanation. The third section is called Living the lesson which is how to apply the teaching to daily life.

The fi
The Goon
Sep 29, 2012 The Goon rated it did not like it
Terrible book! Pretentious and horrible, I left this book on a park bench. I didn't want it sitting next to my other books and contaminating their space. This book was not worthy of my bookshelf.
Min Yi  Su
Jan 09, 2012 Min Yi Su rated it it was amazing
This book has so many nuggets of valuable information, I read it slowly over many nights. Though much of the information is familiar, I enjoyed the format Chopra delivers with the story of Arthur and Merlin. I digested the lessons with reflection in my own life and the choices I make. And in the same slow and stead manner, I allowed my perspective to adjust and change when needed.
Cassie
Dec 26, 2009 Cassie rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal book. Fascinating, and Magical!!! A must read for those on the path for purpose, transformation, fulfillment, joy and contentment in life. The old saying "The teacher will arrive when the student is ready" is very true for those of us who is willing to open our hearts to learn, understand, and become a pupil. The complexity of life is overwhelming, yet was exemplified with stories and lessons in the Way of the Wizard as told through the character portrayal of the young King Arthur and ...more
Gabriel Iqbal
Dec 13, 2014 Gabriel Iqbal rated it it was amazing
Deepak is visionary... a human soul on fire. I have read most of his works and he continues to excite fresh paradigms. He is scientific as well as meta-physical in a single heart-beat.
Kathy
Jan 06, 2012 Kathy rated it really liked it
Borrowed this from Mom. I really like the way the ideas are presented, but more than that, they make sense to me - feel familiar.
Waseem
Dec 17, 2014 Waseem rated it it was ok
I think this is a bookt hat must be read as opposed to heard - as I did with the audiobook version, nevertheless the metaphors and parables of merlin and arthuer, were 'ok' but not too appealing for some reason in my preffereed method of learning. Ive read/heard similar style books but this just didn't get me excited enough to give it a serious listen as opposed to it ending up being a passive listen towards the end..perhaps thats why ive rated it so low as I didnt get enough of it...

but i prefe
Virag Padalkar
May 14, 2014 Virag Padalkar rated it did not like it
Deepak Chopra follows the way of all self-styled "spiritual" gurus. Here's the SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) of such quackery -

1. Pick an obscure metaphor for a little-understood concept (in this case Merlin and Arthur)
2. Concoct very weird tales that can be passed off as meta-physical connections to certain inexplicable concepts.
3. Relate to those concepts using a chain of even more convoluted logic in such a manner as to confuse readers.
4. Package the whole product using really cool bu
Catherine
Sep 07, 2010 Catherine rated it really liked it
This is a book that enfolds Hindu wisdom within the tale of King Arthur and Merlyn the wizard. Rather than directly instruct the reader, the lessons are told through stories about Merlyn's tutoring of the young Arthur. Each lesson has a story, an explanation of the lesson and an explanation of what it means to apply the lesson to your life. It's a clever way of introducing these spiritual concepts to someone raised in Western culture, especially if, like me, a person is enthralled with the King ...more
Jonathan Sudler
Apr 05, 2013 Jonathan Sudler rated it really liked it
This book comes from a very unusual direction combining the author's Hindu traditions and his fantastical view of the Arthurian legend. Beautiful wisdom is presented in an enticing manner however, periodically I found myself thinking/pondering the question of would a medieval Merlin even think along these lines? And then I would get caught up again in the beauty of the writing. Short and easy to read but its lessons will stick with you for a very long time.
Althea Flame
Dec 03, 2012 Althea Flame rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. I decided to read it in one sitting, since it is a short book, but one can easily spend a much longer time reading it and I am sure it won't be the last time I have read it. I feel this is a book to carry around with you every day and read the lessons again and again, and every time you learn something new from it. I know that to fully grasp its content I will have to read it more than this one time.
Corey Jonez
Feb 02, 2011 Corey Jonez rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put the book down, and yet most of the time the book was in my hand- I wasn't reading it, I was merely soaking in the reality of what I had just read! This book is right up there with seven spiritual laws as my favorite!
Elly Sands
Sep 09, 2009 Elly Sands rated it it was amazing
I've read this book over and over again and even indexed it. I avoided Chopra's books for a long time thinking he was too main stream . He may be but his writing is superb and very very insightful.
Cecilia Zuniga
May 31, 2011 Cecilia Zuniga rated it it was amazing
This book does a great job of integrating teachings from not only Merlin but that are found across ancient traditions. It's an easy, lovely and powerful read.
Jose Rampinini
Mar 05, 2014 Jose Rampinini rated it it was amazing
"Nuestro tiempo necesita hoy más que nunca la sabiduría del mago", dice Chopra. Una sabiduría que nos conduzca al mundo de la libertad y el milagro.
A Los magos se les ha atribuido el conocimiento de la alquimia, del arte de convertir un metal inferior en oro. Pero el verdadero poder esta en el conocimiento que es mucho mas Grande.
Holli
Aug 22, 2014 Holli rated it really liked it
I know that a lot of people consider Deepak Chopra a charlatan, but I really get a lot out of his books. This one is full of small and big truths and I will read it again. The thought crossed my mind that perhaps the reason some people don't like The Way of the Wizard is because they are Muggles. Just sayin'. : )
Alison
Mar 06, 2016 Alison added it
Shelves: spiritual-read
At first, I did not care for the format of this book. Deepak uses stories of Arthur and Merlin to make spiritual points. About half way through the book,mthe concepts started clicking, and I now really love this book.
Lisa
Sep 04, 2014 Lisa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Easy read, and a bit boring. For a self-help book, I didn't find much help on it. Many of the stories didn't really have a point. Can't really recall a lesson learnt from the book... another Chopra disappointment.
Emlyn Lewis
Mar 09, 2015 Emlyn Lewis rated it really liked it
A insightfully wise & bondless intelligence of a fantasy tale on merlin.
Very short book, but no blabber, right to the point

One of Deepaks best books with a twist of story telling at its best!!
Fariz Danial
Dec 21, 2010 Fariz Danial rated it did not like it
Buku yang mak aku rekemen, bahase mudah dan senang nak fahami. nilai dan moral nya sangat bagus, sangat similar dengan metafizik yang dibawa oleh islam. sesuai bagi orang yang kurang percaya pada rohani/spiritual. no wonder penulis ni pernah jadi best author.

nilai dan ilmu fizik dia sangat bagus, namun tak perfect seperti islam. contohnya, ia nak cakap 'wizard' [Allah] tu ada kat mana2, tapi dia tak terangkan apa tu sebenarnya 'ada' dimana2 tu.

kepada sesiapa yang minat buku ni, aku rekemen baik
Royale
Mar 13, 2014 Royale rated it liked it
A different way of presenting his ideas in a story-like format. Didn't work for me, but might for others.
Aaron
Jan 25, 2009 Aaron rated it liked it
I gave this book a light read, and should really give it a thorough read to get a better sense of it. Chopra takes the novel approach of explaining life lessons with brief fictional stories about Merlin and King Arthur at the beginning of each chapter followed by a more in depth exploration of the ideas. It's a good introduction to Chopra's ideas for a general audience. I really don't know enough of his writing or his philosophy to tell you where this fits into it, but I thought it was a fairly ...more
Padmaja
Apr 01, 2014 Padmaja rated it really liked it
a great book for adults and kids alike to read and glean valuable lessons from..
Brandon Bosse
Dec 19, 2015 Brandon Bosse rated it it was amazing
This is a book to keep around for later reference!
Paola Paz
Jul 01, 2014 Paola Paz rated it it was amazing
Próxima reseña en mi blog.
LemontreeLime
Nov 27, 2012 LemontreeLime rated it liked it
I remember thinking this was nice. And short. Not saying that's a bad thing. Big message little package. And I also remember the copy I read had every other line underlined by a previous reader. In orange highlighter and pen. That unfortunately was just annoying. It's a short book, just reread it when you feel the need. I will probably reread it eventually, but with an unmarked copy. Which I assume will be very nice also. But still short.
Dennis Selby
Jan 05, 2013 Dennis Selby rated it it was amazing
Compared to the challenging medical books from Deepak,
this is an easy read with priceless information on love, life &
all that is holy to oneself. It's nice not having to hurt
the brain to be enlightened; keep it simple & learn. I found this
to be an excellent book to gift to the young at heart and us that want to return. I can't keep this book onhand because I keep giving my copy away to people I care for; that's a good sign.
Melanie Walker
Sep 07, 2014 Melanie Walker rated it it was amazing
A really helpful book on spirituality and framing the world and how you see it in a different way.
Kris
Jul 27, 2009 Kris rated it really liked it
Interesting as always, Deepak Chopra manages to get me thinking and flowing in a spiritual tamber. It was especially interesting to read right after having read The Hero Within. I am fully on my way to becoming my own wizard/magician.
Jen
Jan 30, 2008 Jen rated it really liked it
It's very philosophical, it's about the power one has to control how one feels. It uses examples to help paint a picture. I picked this up and I have been reading it for 4 years. It is a book that is read over and over. I analyze each sentence in a new way every time I read it. It gets too "heavy" and then I put it down until next time.
  • 10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace
  • The Isaiah Effect: Decoding the Lost Science of Prayer and Prophecy
  • Living in the Light: A Guide to Personal and Planetary Transformation
  • Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior
  • The Voice of Knowledge: A Practical Guide to Inner Peace
  • The Celestine Prophecy: An Experiential Guide
  • Healing with the Angels: How the Angels Can Assist You in Every Area of Your Life
  • The Astonishing Power of Emotions
  • Entering the Castle: An Inner Path to God and Your Soul
  • The Heart of the Soul: Emotional Awareness
  • What the Bleep Do We Know!?: Discovering the Endless Possibilities for Altering Your Everyday Reality
  • Essential Reiki: A Complete Guide to an Ancient Healing Art
  • Soul Mates: Honouring the Mysteries of Love and Relationship
  • Everyday Grace: Having Hope, Finding Forgiveness And Making Miracles
  • The Complete Conversations with God
Deepak Chopra, MD serves as the Founder and Chairman of The Chopra Foundation, and Co-Founder of the Chopra Center for Wellbeing.

As a global leader and pioneer in the field of mind-body medicine, Chopra transforms the way the world views physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social wellness. Known as a prolific author of eighty books books with twenty-two New York Times best sellers in both
More about Deepak Chopra...

“The most creative act you will ever undertake is the act of creating yourself.” 225 likes
“A person desperately searching for love," Merlin said, "reminds me of a fish desperately searching for water.” 45 likes