Start by marking “The Way of the Wizard: Twenty Spiritual Lessons for Creating the Life You Want” as Want to Read:
The Way of the Wizard: Twenty Spiritual Lessons for Creating the Life You Want

The Way of the Wizard: Twenty Spiritual Lessons for Creating the Life You Want

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  2,755 ratings  ·  65 reviews
The author of the acclaimed New York Times bestsellers The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success and Ageless Body, Timeless Mind now presents a guide to using spiritual alchemy for awakening the magic in everyday life.
Published December 26th 1995 by Harmony

To ask other readers questions about The Way of the Wizard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Way of the Wizard

Steve Cran
Author Deepak Chopra uses the metaphor of Merlin raising the future King Arthur in the Crystal cave to teach the reader 20 lessons that will transform the reader's life.

Each lesson or chapter is divided into three sections. The first section tells a story where in Arthur learns his lesson from Merlin. The second section is understanding the lesson where the teaching is given further explanation. The third section is called Living the lesson which is how to apply the teaching to daily life.

The fi
Min Yi  Su
This book has so many nuggets of valuable information, I read it slowly over many nights. Though much of the information is familiar, I enjoyed the format Chopra delivers with the story of Arthur and Merlin. I digested the lessons with reflection in my own life and the choices I make. And in the same slow and stead manner, I allowed my perspective to adjust and change when needed.
The Goon
Terrible book! Pretentious and horrible, I left this book on a park bench. I didn't want it sitting next to my other books and contaminating their space. This book was not worthy of my bookshelf.
Kathy
Borrowed this from Mom. I really like the way the ideas are presented, but more than that, they make sense to me - feel familiar.
Waseem
I think this is a bookt hat must be read as opposed to heard - as I did with the audiobook version, nevertheless the metaphors and parables of merlin and arthuer, were 'ok' but not too appealing for some reason in my preffereed method of learning. Ive read/heard similar style books but this just didn't get me excited enough to give it a serious listen as opposed to it ending up being a passive listen towards the end..perhaps thats why ive rated it so low as I didnt get enough of it...

but i prefe
Virag Padalkar
Deepak Chopra follows the way of all self-styled "spiritual" gurus. Here's the SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) of such quackery -

1. Pick an obscure metaphor for a little-understood concept (in this case Merlin and Arthur)
2. Concoct very weird tales that can be passed off as meta-physical connections to certain inexplicable concepts.
3. Relate to those concepts using a chain of even more convoluted logic in such a manner as to confuse readers.
4. Package the whole product using really cool bu
Cassie
Phenomenal book. Fascinating, and Magical!!! A must read for those on the path for purpose, transformation, fulfillment, joy and contentment in life. The old saying "The teacher will arrive when the student is ready" is very true for those of us who is willing to open our hearts to learn, understand, and become a pupil. The complexity of life is overwhelming, yet was exemplified with stories and lessons in the Way of the Wizard as told through the character portrayal of the young King Arthur and ...more
Catherine
This is a book that enfolds Hindu wisdom within the tale of King Arthur and Merlyn the wizard. Rather than directly instruct the reader, the lessons are told through stories about Merlyn's tutoring of the young Arthur. Each lesson has a story, an explanation of the lesson and an explanation of what it means to apply the lesson to your life. It's a clever way of introducing these spiritual concepts to someone raised in Western culture, especially if, like me, a person is enthralled with the King ...more
Jonathan Sudler
This book comes from a very unusual direction combining the author's Hindu traditions and his fantastical view of the Arthurian legend. Beautiful wisdom is presented in an enticing manner however, periodically I found myself thinking/pondering the question of would a medieval Merlin even think along these lines? And then I would get caught up again in the beauty of the writing. Short and easy to read but its lessons will stick with you for a very long time.
Althea Flame
I really enjoyed this book. I decided to read it in one sitting, since it is a short book, but one can easily spend a much longer time reading it and I am sure it won't be the last time I have read it. I feel this is a book to carry around with you every day and read the lessons again and again, and every time you learn something new from it. I know that to fully grasp its content I will have to read it more than this one time.
Corey Jonez
I couldn't put the book down, and yet most of the time the book was in my hand- I wasn't reading it, I was merely soaking in the reality of what I had just read! This book is right up there with seven spiritual laws as my favorite!
Elly Sands
I've read this book over and over again and even indexed it. I avoided Chopra's books for a long time thinking he was too main stream . He may be but his writing is superb and very very insightful.
Cecilia Zuniga
This book does a great job of integrating teachings from not only Merlin but that are found across ancient traditions. It's an easy, lovely and powerful read.
Jose Rampinini
"Nuestro tiempo necesita hoy más que nunca la sabiduría del mago", dice Chopra. Una sabiduría que nos conduzca al mundo de la libertad y el milagro.
A Los magos se les ha atribuido el conocimiento de la alquimia, del arte de convertir un metal inferior en oro. Pero el verdadero poder esta en el conocimiento que es mucho mas Grande.
Holli
I know that a lot of people consider Deepak Chopra a charlatan, but I really get a lot out of his books. This one is full of small and big truths and I will read it again. The thought crossed my mind that perhaps the reason some people don't like The Way of the Wizard is because they are Muggles. Just sayin'. : )
Lisa
Easy read, and a bit boring. For a self-help book, I didn't find much help on it. Many of the stories didn't really have a point. Can't really recall a lesson learnt from the book... another Chopra disappointment.
Fariz Danial
Buku yang mak aku rekemen, bahase mudah dan senang nak fahami. nilai dan moral nya sangat bagus, sangat similar dengan metafizik yang dibawa oleh islam. sesuai bagi orang yang kurang percaya pada rohani/spiritual. no wonder penulis ni pernah jadi best author.

nilai dan ilmu fizik dia sangat bagus, namun tak perfect seperti islam. contohnya, ia nak cakap 'wizard' [Allah] tu ada kat mana2, tapi dia tak terangkan apa tu sebenarnya 'ada' dimana2 tu.

kepada sesiapa yang minat buku ni, aku rekemen baik
Royale
A different way of presenting his ideas in a story-like format. Didn't work for me, but might for others.
Aaron
I gave this book a light read, and should really give it a thorough read to get a better sense of it. Chopra takes the novel approach of explaining life lessons with brief fictional stories about Merlin and King Arthur at the beginning of each chapter followed by a more in depth exploration of the ideas. It's a good introduction to Chopra's ideas for a general audience. I really don't know enough of his writing or his philosophy to tell you where this fits into it, but I thought it was a fairly ...more
Padmaja
a great book for adults and kids alike to read and glean valuable lessons from..
Paola Paz
Próxima reseña en mi blog.
Gloriavirtutisumbra
I remember thinking this was nice. And short. Not saying that's a bad thing. Big message little package. And I also remember the copy I read had every other line underlined by a previous reader. In orange highlighter and pen. That unfortunately was just annoying. It's a short book, just reread it when you feel the need. I will probably reread it eventually, but with an unmarked copy. Which I assume will be very nice also. But still short.
Dennis Selby
Compared to the challenging medical books from Deepak,
this is an easy read with priceless information on love, life &
all that is holy to oneself. It's nice not having to hurt
the brain to be enlightened; keep it simple & learn. I found this
to be an excellent book to gift to the young at heart and us that want to return. I can't keep this book onhand because I keep giving my copy away to people I care for; that's a good sign.
Melanie Walker
A really helpful book on spirituality and framing the world and how you see it in a different way.
Kris
Interesting as always, Deepak Chopra manages to get me thinking and flowing in a spiritual tamber. It was especially interesting to read right after having read The Hero Within. I am fully on my way to becoming my own wizard/magician.
Karen Engeman
Not quite sure how I feel about this book..thought provoking nine the less
Jen
It's very philosophical, it's about the power one has to control how one feels. It uses examples to help paint a picture. I picked this up and I have been reading it for 4 years. It is a book that is read over and over. I analyze each sentence in a new way every time I read it. It gets too "heavy" and then I put it down until next time.
Dale
I thought wizardry was something akin to evil before reading this book. The story is based on the imaginary relationship of Merlin and the young Arthur, before growing up to be the King of Camelot. On my second reading right now. 11/05/2012 Reading this for the 3rd time. Great lessons and entertaining.
Lux
This is the third book by DS that I've read. I originally found his books at a used book store and thought it would be different. I enjoyed it, it is an interesting read. Kind of like a guru type book. If I find another of his used I may read it.
Gosia
Apr 28, 2013 Gosia rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013, mind
I heard the book while riding on my bike. Probably would not have read it if I had to. Despite the fact that I like Deepak Chopra, this one was just a story, a nice idea to hear but altogether a bit boring.
  • 10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace
  • The Voice of Knowledge: A Practical Guide to Inner Peace
  • Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior
  • The Isaiah Effect: Decoding the Lost Science of Prayer and Prophecy
  • Living in the Light: A Guide to Personal and Planetary Transformation
  • Healing with the Angels: How the Angels Can Assist You in Every Area of Your Life
  • Bringers of the Dawn: Teachings from the Pleiadians
  • Entering the Castle: An Inner Path to God and Your Soul
  • The Celestine Prophecy: An Experiential Guide
  • The Vortex: Where the Law of Attraction Assembles All Cooperative Relationships
  • Essential Reiki: A Complete Guide to an Ancient Healing Art
  • Illuminata: A Return to Prayer
  • Edgar Cayce: The Sleeping Prophet
  • The Complete Conversations with God
  • Soul Stories
Deepak Chopra, MD serves as the Founder and Chairman of The Chopra Foundation, and Co-Founder of the Chopra Center for Wellbeing.

As a global leader and pioneer in the field of mind-body medicine, Chopra transforms the way the world views physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social wellness. Known as a prolific author of eighty books books with twenty-two New York Times best sellers in both
More about Deepak Chopra...
The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment of Your Dreams Ageless Body, Timeless Mind: The Quantum Alternative to Growing Old Buddha: A Story of Enlightenment The Book of Secrets: Unlocking the Hidden Dimensions of Your Life Quantum Healing: Exploring the Frontiers of Mind Body Medicine

“The most creative act you will ever undertake is the act of creating yourself.” 190 likes
“A person desperately searching for love," Merlin said, "reminds me of a fish desperately searching for water.” 40 likes