Deadly Payoff (The Secrets of Stoneley, #5)

Deadly Payoff (The Secrets of Stoneley #5)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  6 reviews
A note from Delia Blanchard So many things have been happening here at our family's mansion, I can't go home to Hawaii: I've met my long-lost grandparents; learned the woman shot to death in the library was my aunt, "not" my mother; "and" been threatened by a blackmailing loan shark! And Shaun Murphy is back in my life-- he was hired to repair the damage after the shooting...more
Paperback, Love Inspired Suspense #52, 248 pages
Published May 2007 by Steeple Hill

Kay
Feb 22, 2012 Kay rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: print
In the past twelve years Cordelia Blanchard had made her home in Hawaii with her own successful surf business. Extending her stay in Stoneley, Maine isn’t something she relishes but she needs answers to all those secrets surrounding her mother’s “second” death. Surprisingly part of that answer comes straight to Blanchard Manor in the form of her mother’s parents, whom the sisters hadn’t known existed. And through some sleuthing, Delia discovers that the woman shot in their library hadn’t been he...more
Judy
In the 5th book of this series we see Delia reunited with her husband of a few hours. When she was 17 she married her love, Shaun Murphy. She believed he took a payoff to leave her and he believed she went to Hawaii without a backwards glance.

Shaun helps Delia as she goes after a blackmailer who worked for her now dead Aunt Genie. He took her to Chicago to check out the medical facility that they know their mother was once held captive in, he is there for her.

Yet their pride won't allow them to...more
joyce lynn
ok, this was #5 of 6 books in this series. as the previous ones did, this book just brought up MORE mysteries to the mix! i'm beginning to seriously wonder just how they can tie them ALL up in 1 more book!!

if i thought this one, and the previous ones, were good, which they were ... how phenominal is the next one going to have to be?!

can't wait to find out, that's for sure!!!

i know i've said this before, but if you're a mystery fan, especially of one w/ MANY twists and turns and thrills and chil...more
Amanda Alexander
Not as good as the other books in the series thus far, but not a bad read. This book was more of a drama and romance than mystery as the others are. Looking forward to the final book.
Kamie Fallert
Since I did not know that this was a series I was lost most of the time. I think I would have liked it and understood it alot better if I had read the previous books.
Jtaylorjp06
Book 5 The Secrets of Stoneley
Megan 'ross' charlton
Megan 'ross' charlton marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Melody Phillips
Melody Phillips marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Kritie Biruli
Kritie Biruli marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Nancy Whitmire
Nancy Whitmire marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Malia Summers
Malia Summers marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2013
Linda Byrne
Linda Byrne marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2013
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2013
Bethany N Wallace
Bethany N Wallace marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2013
Bethany Phillips
Bethany Phillips marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2013
Karen Mcintire
Karen Mcintire marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2013
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2013
Julia Harrison
Julia Harrison marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Valerie Hansen is the pen name of Valerie Whisenand.

Although I have been a published author since the mid 1980s, I have been writing women's Christian fiction almost exclusively since 1999.

There is a longer, more detailed bio on my website so there's no need for me to repea...more
More about Valerie Hansen...
Explosive Secrets (Texas K-9 Unit #4) Frontier Courtship The Rookie's Assignment (Fitzgerald Bay, #2) Healing the Boss's Heart High Plains Bride (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #1)