Start by marking “Bugs! Bugs! Bugs!” as Want to Read:

Bugs! Bugs! Bugs!

Pretty ladybugs, fluttering butterflies, creepy daddy longlegs, and roly-poly bugs are some of the familiar creatures featured in this whimsically illustrated insect album. Complete with an "actual size" chart and bug-o-meter listing fun facts about each bug, Bugs! Bugs! Bugs! will inform and entertain curious little bug lovers everywhere.

Book Details: Format: Hardcover Pu
Published April 1st 1999 by Chronicle Books (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Bugs! Bugs! Bugs!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bugs! Bugs! Bugs!

Melissa
Aug 27, 2008 Melissa rated it liked it
Genre: Concept book
Grade: Kindergarten-1st

This colorful book goes through several different bugs that children are familiar with. Each bug is shown on a two page spread with text that tells a little something about it. For example, "Bees buzzing by flowers that smell so sweet." The last word on each page rhymes with the last word on the page after it. This adds some rhythm to the book. The end of the book has a picture of each bug that represents the actual size of the bug. The last two pages of
Amanda
Mar 16, 2017 Amanda rated it really liked it
Colorful book for bugs storytime. Complete with bug facts at the end of the book.
Tanya Bornstein
Feb 18, 2014 Tanya Bornstein rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
The pictures are bright and beautiful! each page has very little words which makes it easy for children to read. The words are big and bold which don't get lost within the background of the pages. This book also contains a bug tracker chart listing different bugs which will be so much fun for children of all ages.

L.E: Have the children take their very own bug tracker outside and try to find each bug on their list. Then have the children come together and discuss which bugs they found and which o
Alexis Smith-Gaddis
Sep 15, 2015 Alexis Smith-Gaddis rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This non-fiction picture book was an exciting, easy read book. I found the colorful illustrations and animations on the ebook to draw in and maintain my attention. I would definitely use this colorful online storybook in a kindergarten or first grade class. My lesson would be science-based and teach my students interesting facts about bugs, such as: their sizes/size differences, what kinds of bugs fly, where they live, how many legs they have and if they sting. There is a chart to present all of ...more
April
Sep 03, 2012 April rated it it was amazing
1. Rating: 5
2. Book Review from Parent Council said, "Nothing fascinates children more than bugs! Vibrant paper collages illustrate spotted ladybugs, butterflies that flutter, and many more. The book includes an actual size buy chart and a "bug-o-meter" which lists the basics about each featured species."
3. I will enjoyed the colorful, full-page spreads and the way the text fits with the illustrations in this book. I think it is a great book that may help teachers introduce kids to different ki
Amy
Aug 28, 2012 Amy rated it liked it
This book discusses bugs young children will most likely be familiar with in a very simple way: butterflies, ladybugs, daddy longlegs, grasshoppers, caterpillars, bees, ants, and roly-poly bugs. It's a good way to get toddlers and preschoolers thinking about the bugs they see every day and what the differences between them are. At the end, the "Bug-O-Meter" is a table asking different questions about each bug: "Can it fly? Where does it live? How many legs? Does it sting?" I think it's a great w ...more
Taylor Hainley
Sep 15, 2015 Taylor Hainley rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
The book, "Bugs! Bugs! Bugs!" I believe would be a great book to use in a Pre-K science lesson. This book talked all about different types of bugs there are. In this book it shows the actual size of the bugs and where you might find them living at. I would read this book in my classroom to my students during a science lesson. I think I would first read this and then have an activity after reading it for my students. I would allow my students to draw their favorite bug on a piece of construction ...more
Andrea
Oct 06, 2012 Andrea rated it it was amazing
Good picture book for toddlers. The CD that came with my book was narrated to music with tones to let you know when to turn pages, narrated to music without page turning tones and then some factual information about each bug mentioned in the book narrated by a child. The CD would be better suited for older kids because toddlers wouldn't understand all the bug facts and would quickly lose interest.
Meg McGregor
Aug 22, 2013 Meg McGregor rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-lexi
These are the kind of bugs I want to see too!

Cute butterflies fluttering in the sky,
spotted ladybugs creeping by,
fuzzy caterpillars with tiny feet,
bees buzzing by flowers that smell so sweet,
roly-poly bugs that curl up when touched.

And the information in the back is great. Did you know that a roly-poly can have 14 or more legs?

Little ones will squeal with delight and will want to pour over the pictures time and time again!

Read again on March 11, 2014
Patty
Nov 02, 2008 Patty rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book, digital
Reading Level: Primary

This is a Tumblebooks and can be found at the following url:

This book uses collage for its illustrations. It teaches young students about the different types of bugs. It shows the actual size and gives students a chart that compares number of legs, where they live, and can it fly.
Diana Uriostegui
Apr 11, 2013 Diana Uriostegui rated it liked it
Shelves: rhymes, bugs
I like the book because it has many bugs children are familiar with. I would share this book with my student when we got to the units of insects. I think students would really enjoy this book with all the colors and bugs in it.

Learning Extension: draw their favorite bug and as a class go outside to see if we found a bugs that was in the book.
Katie Fitzgerald
Read at Baby/Toddler Story Time on 3/8/11: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...

Read at Toddler Lap Time on 8/2/13: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...
Anne Newell
Apr 17, 2016 Anne Newell rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This is a good book for K-2 when learning about insects. A good reader can read it and it would be a good book to read to the class when studying bugs. I like the pictures that show the real size of the insects and the key words for the story at the end of the book.
Erin
Oct 12, 2012 Erin rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Colorful book tells lots about bugs:). Great conversation starter about bugs. Also a vocabulary builder about creepy crawlies. Really like the chart at the end that talks about the characteristics, similarities, and differences about the critters.
Lindsay Monson
Bugs! What some kids avoid and some kids enjoy almost too much for comfort. Incorporating lessons that interest and engages them is key. Having a live system for kids to inquire or observe over a period of time can be a fun lesson.
Dolly
Dec 30, 2009 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, 2008, science
This is a simple story with interesting paper collage illustrations that show different bugs in a friendly and fun way. Our girls enjoyed watching the story on the Tumblebooks website. (tumblebooks.com)
Kristen
Big, colorful art and basic information about a topic kids are interested in makes this a good introduction to non-fiction for little ones, and I really like the chart at the end that organizes information like where each bug listed lives - great for classrooms.
Tiffany
Feb 25, 2016 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This is an out of this world book on bugs. Bugs do not look too scary except for maybe the daddy longlegs, but even they are called friendly daddy longlegs. Gorgeous paper collage illustrations adorn each page. I'm not a bug person but I am happy with this book!
Peacegal
Dec 22, 2016 Peacegal rated it liked it
Bugs! Bugs! Bugs!
Some are good, some are bad.
Bugs! Bugs! Bugs!
Ask your Mom, ask your Dad.

This is a joyful and very colorful introduction to familiar backyard insects for tiny tots. I'm sure I would have liked this as a little one, as I was very interested in creepy crawlies.
Jessica
Apr 18, 2011 Jessica rated it liked it
I read this for an insect-themed preschool storytime (which usually consists of a lot of babies and toddlers as well). It's a great book for younger readers--simple, few words, bright colorful illustrations, and clearly and concisely describes what various bugs do.

Ages 2-4
Ashlin
Apr 21, 2016 Ashlin added it
Shelves: nonfiction
This story would be better for Pre-K to Kindergarten students. They could learn about different types of bugs they could find. Students could go on a nature walk to see what bugs they could find.
Tuscania
Apr 08, 2010 Tuscania rated it it was amazing
This is a great book to teach 3 yr olds about bugs.
Anna
Apr 27, 2016 Anna added it
Shelves: nonfiction
This is a book all about - you guessed it - bugs! bugs! bugs! It teaches children about science and bugs.
Savannah Parker
Apr 27, 2016 Savannah Parker rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This is a great book to teach about all the different kinds of bugs! You could even divide the students up and have them act as the different bugs!
CFAITC
Sep 27, 2013 CFAITC added it
Shelves: primary
The simple text with vibrant colors provides young readers a positive spin to the bugs they see around their garden and home.
Stefani
Jun 05, 2008 Stefani rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: toddlers, preschool
Shelves: read-picture
A cute book for very young children. The pictures are colorful, with large, rhyming text. Educational chart at the end to learn more about bugs.
Ann Clement
Mar 10, 2012 Ann Clement rated it it was amazing
Use this books to supplement a unit on insects!
Afriendlylibrarian
Apr 30, 2014 Afriendlylibrarian rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book, rda
3.5 The Bug-o-Meter chart in the back of the book was a hit with the read aloud classes
Beloved Girl
Feb 12, 2016 Beloved Girl rated it really liked it
Shelves: j1-j3
This one is easily written. I hope YJ like this book. I'm a little afraid she hate bugs in this book. The illustration is not that scary and creepy but rather cute, though.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • I Love Bugs!
  • I Love Bugs!
  • Butterfly Butterfly: A Book of Colors
  • Beetle Bop
  • Up, Down, and Around
  • Waiting for Wings (Rise and Shine)
  • The Very Lazy Ladybug Pop-Up
  • Say Hello Like This!
  • Hooray For Fish!
  • Do Cows Meow?
  • I Spy on the Farm
  • Big Fat Hen
  • We've All Got Bellybuttons!
  • Eyes, Nose, Fingers, and Toes
  • Hickory Dickory Dog
  • The Three Bears Board Book
  • Jump!
  • The Big Wide-Mouthed Frog
Bob Barner has been drawing since he was three years old. He graduated from the Columbus College of Art and Design, then moved to Boston where he was an art director at several advertising agencies and design studios. He was hired to help comic strip creator Al Capp draw Li'l Abner and studied with Milton Glaser at the School of Visual Arts in New York. He lives with his wife, Cathie, in San Franc ...more
More about Bob Barner...