Start by marking “Thunderbowl” as Want to Read:
Thunderbowl

Thunderbowl

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Jeremy's band is hot--really hot. Thunderbowl is on the way up and they have had their first big break--a long-term gig at a local bar. The only problem is that while Jeremy should be doing his homework and keeping up in school, he is spending most nights in a rowdy club, trying to keep the band together while his life is falling apart. Trying to balance his dreams of succ ...more
Published June 1st 2006 by Orca Book Publishers (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Thunderbowl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thunderbowl

Just Listen by Sarah DessenIf I Stay by Gayle FormanThis Lullaby by Sarah DessenWhere She Went by Gayle FormanNick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn
YA Music Books
305th out of 353 books — 610 voters
Fast Slide by Melanie  JacksonPlastic by Sarah N. HarveyBig Dip by Melanie  JacksonMaxed Out by Daphne GreerHypnotized by Don Trembath
Orca Soundings and Orca Currents
67th out of 77 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Josh K
It is about a guy in high school who plays the guitar.He gets really good at playing the guitar and really bad at school.everyone thinks he is 19 but he is really 16.He gets a girl friend and he tells her that he is 16.She stills likes him.One night she drank to much and she wanted to go driving so he got in with her.She was driving crazy he got really mad and he took her keys and threw them.
Elena
Maybe I'm to old to read this book, being 23 and all. I've seen and heard this same style story over and over again- the only difference is "Germ" got to have his cake and eat it too.

Anyways I just finished a book and I found this in the house- and decided shoot why not. I have a spot in my heart for The Band Never Dances by J.D. Landis (which no offense is far better than this book and everyone should read it) so this genre wasn't to far-fetched. Anyway- so I picked it up took me less than 2 ho
Da Hua Ruan
This book is really interesting because it talks about a kid with a lot of issues. he was having a hard time choosing between school and his favorite thing. he was really interesting in his guitar. he went to this club where you have to be 18 or older to play, but he lied about his age so they would let him play. he was really good at it, but later on someone found out that he was younger than 18.

He got kicked out and he went back to school. also, he met this girl that he likes, but then they
Liam F
Thunderbowl is a realistic fiction written by Lesley Choyce. Thunderbowl is about how Jeremy's band starts to get hot. Jeremy started to playing the guitar after his dad bought him the instrument for his birthday. His first big gig is at the dungeon but he cant play there because he is to young to play at the bar. See what happens in this short but exciting story.
I really enjoyed this book. this book packed a lot of excitement into a small amount of pages. which was great for me because i honest
Heidi
Jeremy lies about his age when his band gets a job playing at a club, and he lies to his parents when they questions where he is spending his time. He decides to quit school because he can't keep up with his classwork after playing at the club until 1am; he then moves out of his childhood home. A good choice for teens struggling with how to fit school and activities into the time they are awake.
Kaye
This wasn't a big thrill, but it certainly would catch the attention of boys who are reluctant readers. Basically, our hero discovers that you can't rock and roll all the time AND get through high school.
Mark
Jeremy might have the talent and the right friends to make it in music but a secret could ruin his plans.

Simple story and easy read.

Might appeal to reluctant readers.
Carissa Vogele
I liked this book because it seemed so real and not like the other books that are about things that would rarely happen.
Becca
Not very orginal story line, but a fast and easy read.
Isaiah
Isaiah is currently reading it
Mar 10, 2015
David
David is currently reading it
Dec 10, 2014
Rachelle Mercury
Rachelle Mercury marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Cassandra Hartmann
Cassandra Hartmann marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Autumn
Autumn added it
Apr 14, 2014
Abby360
Abby360 marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2013
Impala Reads
Impala Reads marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Lesley Choyce is a novelist and poet living at Lawrencetown Beach, Nova Scotia. He is the author of more than 80 books for adults, teens and children. He teaches in the English Department and Transition Year Program at Dalhousie University. He is a year-round surfer and founding member of the 1990s spoken word rock band, The SurfPoets. Choyce also runs Pottersfield Press, a small literary publishi ...more
More about Lesley Choyce...
The End of the World as We Know It The Book of Michael The Republic of Nothing Reaction Skate Freak