Start by marking “Thunderbowl” as Want to Read:
Thunderbowl

Thunderbowl

Jeremy's band is hot--really hot. Thunderbowl is on the way up and they have had their first big break--a long-term gig at a local bar. The only problem is that while Jeremy should be doing his homework and keeping up in school, he is spending most nights in a rowdy club, trying to keep the band together while his life is falling apart. Trying to balance his dreams of succ ...more
Published June 1st 2006 by Orca Book Publishers (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Thunderbowl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thunderbowl

Josh K
Jan 28, 2015 Josh K rated it really liked it
It is about a guy in high school who plays the guitar.He gets really good at playing the guitar and really bad at school.everyone thinks he is 19 but he is really 16.He gets a girl friend and he tells her that he is 16.She stills likes him.One night she drank to much and she wanted to go driving so he got in with her.She was driving crazy he got really mad and he took her keys and threw them.
Mark
Apr 14, 2012 Mark rated it liked it
Shelves: easy-read
Jeremy might have the talent and the right friends to make it in music but a secret could ruin his plans.

Simple story and easy read.

Might appeal to reluctant readers.
Elena
Nov 21, 2013 Elena rated it it was ok
Maybe I'm to old to read this book, being 23 and all. I've seen and heard this same style story over and over again- the only difference is "Germ" got to have his cake and eat it too.

Anyways I just finished a book and I found this in the house- and decided shoot why not. I have a spot in my heart for The Band Never Dances by J.D. Landis (which no offense is far better than this book and everyone should read it) so this genre wasn't to far-fetched. Anyway- so I picked it up took me less than 2 ho
Da Hua Ruan
May 13, 2010 Da Hua Ruan rated it it was ok
This book is really interesting because it talks about a kid with a lot of issues. he was having a hard time choosing between school and his favorite thing. he was really interesting in his guitar. he went to this club where you have to be 18 or older to play, but he lied about his age so they would let him play. he was really good at it, but later on someone found out that he was younger than 18.

He got kicked out and he went back to school. also, he met this girl that he likes, but then they
Liam F
Oct 25, 2013 Liam F rated it really liked it
Thunderbowl is a realistic fiction written by Lesley Choyce. Thunderbowl is about how Jeremy's band starts to get hot. Jeremy started to playing the guitar after his dad bought him the instrument for his birthday. His first big gig is at the dungeon but he cant play there because he is to young to play at the bar. See what happens in this short but exciting story.
I really enjoyed this book. this book packed a lot of excitement into a small amount of pages. which was great for me because i honest
Heidi
May 01, 2011 Heidi rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, orca, read-2011
Jeremy lies about his age when his band gets a job playing at a club, and he lies to his parents when they questions where he is spending his time. He decides to quit school because he can't keep up with his classwork after playing at the club until 1am; he then moves out of his childhood home. A good choice for teens struggling with how to fit school and activities into the time they are awake.
Kaye
Mar 26, 2010 Kaye rated it it was ok
This wasn't a big thrill, but it certainly would catch the attention of boys who are reluctant readers. Basically, our hero discovers that you can't rock and roll all the time AND get through high school.
Jesseweaver
Jan 19, 2016 Jesseweaver rated it liked it
I liked this book. I liked how it sounded like an t really happened. I could understand what all the characters were talking about. I would recommend this book for you too read
Nick Trainor
Apr 15, 2016 Nick Trainor rated it really liked it
This was a good book it shows what happens if you drop out of school thinking things are going to be easy
Carissa Vogele
I liked this book because it seemed so real and not like the other books that are about things that would rarely happen.
Tera Williams
Tera Williams rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2013
N!ck
N!ck rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2014
Rushil
Rushil rated it liked it
Nov 11, 2013
Alex Egyud
Alex Egyud rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2010
Natalie
Natalie rated it it was ok
Jan 09, 2011
Hassane
Hassane rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2008
Zoni
Zoni rated it did not like it
Dec 12, 2008
Vashane
Vashane rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2010
Besim Collom
Besim Collom rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2010
Caitlin Holm
Caitlin Holm rated it it was ok
Jan 29, 2010
Simran Bilkhu
Simran Bilkhu rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2012
Charlene Skinner
Nov 10, 2010 Charlene Skinner rated it really liked it
its a god book
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2008
Jenny Olson
Jenny Olson rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2014
Bea
Bea rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2013
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was ok
Jul 17, 2008
Luis
Nov 06, 2015 Luis rated it it was amazing
Great book must read
Lily Toohey
Lily Toohey rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2015
Jamilia
Jamilia rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2009
Becca
Dec 19, 2011 Becca rated it it was ok
Not very orginal story line, but a fast and easy read.
Lesley Choyce is a novelist and poet living at Lawrencetown Beach, Nova Scotia. He is the author of more than 80 books for adults, teens and children. He teaches in the English Department and Transition Year Program at Dalhousie University. He is a year-round surfer and founding member of the 1990s spoken word rock band, The SurfPoets. Choyce also runs Pottersfield Press, a small literary publishi ...more
More about Lesley Choyce...