Start by marking “Legal Drug, Volume 02” as Want to Read:
Legal Drug, Volume 02

Legal Drug, Volume 02 (Legal Drug #2)

4.08  ·  Rating Details ·  1,593 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
During one of Tokyo's festivals, Kakei sends Kudo and Himura to recover an old vase in a nearby shrine. But the mission turns out to be much more difficult than it seems. The vase has the power to twist the spatial environment around it - misleading anyone with its incredible trompe l'oeil. How can the duo retrieve something they can't even touch?
Published February 8th 2005 by TokyoPop (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Legal Drug, Volume 02, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legal Drug, Volume 02

Kati
Dec 19, 2015 Kati rated it really liked it
Kazahaya is quite the excitable little kitten, isn't he? Also, I love these eerie stories, based on Japanese folklore.
Zombieslayer/Alienhunter {Gandalf the Blonde}
Read: June 12th, 2016.
Review: June 13th, 2016.

Kakei... You sneaky little bitch!
Don't act like I can't see what you're doing. You're playing a wee little game of Cupid, aren't you?
Do me a favor, will you?
... Put Kazahaya in that skirt again...

We start with the boys, Kazahaya and Rikuo, retrieving a cat made of tangible memory. As a reward for finding him and returning him to his owner, the cat shows them each a crystal-clear vision of the one they miss the most; Kazahaya his sister, Kei, and Ri
Cornerofmadness
May 01, 2015 Cornerofmadness rated it really liked it
Rachel Thompson
Dec 13, 2008 Rachel Thompson rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Kazahaya and Rikuo track down a vase that likes to play tricks on people, a cat that shows them the person they want to see most in the world, and Kazayaha steals a schoolgirl's uniform and wears it through a time slip into the past to complete a mission.

This book is more about the guys' pasts than anything. Rikuo misses a girl from his past named Tsukiko though Kazahaya hasn't found out much more than that. Thanks to his visions he knows what she looks like. As for himself, memories of his sist
Leila Anani
2nd volume of this supernatural mystery series has more strange cases for the boys to solve. Firstly they have to find a spirit cat that shows a person what they most want to see, then a mysterious vase with the ability to distort space and time and finally they have to appease a restless ghost by replaying a highschool crush scene. Rikuo's fine, he gets to wear his old school uniform, but Kazahaya has to dress up as a girl and looks surprisingly good! - Will def appeal to fans of Eerie Queerie ...more
Lissibith
Jan 28, 2014 Lissibith rated it liked it
Another solid volume, with episodic requests for Kazahaya and Rikuo to face. The cases themselves are diverse and fun (and here we get the first must-have, in the same way most anime need a hot springs episode, manga of this sort always end up with the main character in girl's clothes against his will at some point.)

In this volume we also start to get a little more about these two characters' past - and about a pair of women who were very important in their lives. It's very clear why Rikuo's is
Hannah
May 15, 2010 Hannah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
More is revealed about Rikuo and Kazahaya's pasts in volume 2, and it feels like the CLAMP ladies are taunting the audience - giving us just a taste of it, but leaving us wanting more because what we've seen only brushes the surface of the story.

Rikuo and Kazahaya's relationship also moves forward, and Rikuo's protectiveness of Kazahaya is cute. Kakei's showing himself to be quite a mystery, and one's left wondering exactly how much he knows.
Anna
Jan 16, 2016 Anna rated it liked it
Shelves: japanese, manga, shonen-ai
This volume was a little better than the first. I think Kudo is a little less whiny and annoying. The stories were a little better. I think the cat one was the best, but still, this manga could be better, unless I'm judging it for being for high school readers. The art isn't even that great anymore, really.
Sarah Deutsch
Aug 27, 2015 Sarah Deutsch rated it liked it
I did not realize that the version I had combined all three volumes into one!
I enjoyed the book, however, I do with the relationship was developed more. I still do not understand what the drug was supposed to be, and wish that had been developed more.
Overall, I feel the story could go further than it did, but I loved what i did read!
Emily G
Sep 26, 2015 Emily G rated it really liked it
I preferred this volume to the first. Kazahaya was less with the hating of Rikuo, although in this volume Rikuo deserved it more, as he was always making fun of Kazahaya!

I loved the cat story, being a cat lover myself, and the mysterious vase story was entertaining, plus the extra stories were fun. Onto the next volume :-)!
Kimberly
Dec 22, 2008 Kimberly rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-manhwa
I really wish that Clamp would come off of hiatus for this series, they have a good plot going. They just need to finish it. I think that I didn't like it as I should have because it hasn't been finished and I don't know that there is a definite ending. I think that takes a little off the series.
Ellen
Jul 05, 2015 Ellen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, manga
More surreality, a deepening of the overarching plot. We learn more about Kazahaya's and Rikuo's haunted pasts. CLAMP continues to be CLAMP. The boys love overtones grow more present and delightful.

I think there was a cameo here but I missed the reference!
L.H.O.O.Q.
Sep 05, 2016 L.H.O.O.Q. rated it really liked it
I hoped that in this volume it would become clearer as to why the title was the title and that there would be more connection to a 'drug.'

It may or may not be some symbolism I'm missing.

Aside from that I love the series and am devastated that there's only three books!
Brianna
Aug 26, 2010 Brianna rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Pretty good. I love the paranormal fact in there. It makes it easier to read. I am reading on in the series.
Tina Olah
Nov 26, 2015 Tina Olah rated it liked it
Nice art by Clamp, though the stories were not very exciting or memorable (though, cute kitten in the first one, and some funny moments overall).
Rowan McBride
Dec 05, 2009 Rowan McBride rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, yaoi-manga
Is "Legal Drug" yaoi? I'm not entirely sure, but I love the dynamic between the two main characters and the complex relationships/pasts of everyone in the story. Very much looking forward to V3.
Karissa
Sep 01, 2015 Karissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, z8-smanga, manga
I'd forgotten that we get a glimpse of the Hinata and her Sensei from the Suki books! So cute, love how CLAMP connects their stories together.
Olivia
Olivia rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2012
Kawanee Hamilton
Kawanee Hamilton rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2013
Christopher D Harris
Christopher D Harris rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2016
Robert Karapetyan
Robert Karapetyan rated it it was ok
Jul 19, 2016
K Larson
K Larson rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2013
Rida
Rida rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2013
Angel vanity
Angel vanity rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2016
TrueLiesLost
TrueLiesLost rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2015
Kourtni
Kourtni rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2015
Christa
Christa rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2015
Sonya
Sonya rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2012
Tahirah
Tahirah rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2012
Jackie
Jackie rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2014
  • Fake, Volume 03
  • Descendants of Darkness, Volume 2
  • Eerie Queerie!, Volume 2 (Eerie Queerie!, #2)
  • Loveless, Volume 6

Nekoi Mick 猫井みっく
[born: 21 Jan 1969, Kyōto; bloodtype: O]

Igarashi Satsuki 五十嵐さつき
[born: 8 Feb 1969, Kyōto; bloodtype: A]

CLAMP originally began in 1989 as a twelve-member dōjinshi circle, but by 1990, the circle had diminished from twelve to seven. Of the remaining seven, Tamayo Akiya
More about CLAMP...