Start by marking “Moment to Moment: Poems of a Mountain Recluse” as Want to Read:
Moment to Moment: Poems of a Mountain Recluse

Moment to Moment: Poems of a Mountain Recluse

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Alternating between the loveable irrascibility and self-mocking humor reminiscent of the poet Cold Mountain (Han Shan), Budbill's poems view the modern world from the viewpoint of a New England hermit-scholar. Remarkable for their generous spirit, accessibility and biting criticism, these poems present a poet of strong mind and voice.

"Budbill both informs and moves. He is

Published September 1st 1999 by Copper Canyon Press (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Moment to Moment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moment to Moment

William
Now this should be 5's all the way, this piece just kicked me around about my florescent work life -- although as a secondary educator trying to help kids learn, I give up some serotonin for the food of the collective.
Randy Cauthen
Trying to do Han Shan and missing; alternately preachy and a little self-regarding. I wanted to like it.
Trent
Poetry that's clear, clean, pure and simple. Quite delightful.
Kiof
overlooked poet.
Adam
Adam marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2013
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2013
Judy
Judy marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2013
Hanna Fox
Hanna Fox marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Judevine: The Complete Poems, 1970-1990 Happy Life Bones on Black Spruce Mountain While We've Still Got Feet Snowshoe Trek To Otter River