Start by marking “The Sheik's Kidnapped Bride (Desert Rogues, #1) (Silhouette Special Edition, #1316)” as Want to Read:

The Sheik's Kidnapped Bride (Desert Rogues, #1) (Desert Rogues #1)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  654 ratings  ·  33 reviews

Swept away by the passionate Prince Khalil Khan, Dora Nelson reveled in her new fairy-tale life as princess of El Bahar. But once she learned that the love and affection Khalil had showered her with were a sham, she refused to bend to his will. For he'd tricked her, and she couldn't forgive him....

But she also couldn't stop loving him. More than anything else, Dora wanted

Published April 1st 2000 by Silhouette

To ask other readers questions about The Sheik's Kidnapped Bride (Desert Rogues, #1), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sheik's Kidnapped Bride (Desert Rogues, #1)

Dina
This was one of the funniest books I've read. I don't know if it was intended to be that way, but I laughed like crazy reading the preposterous things that came out of the hero's mouth. The man was deranged and proud of it, and I couldn't have been happier.

The story is fairly simple: Prince Khalil Khan of El Bahar is engaged, against his will, to beautiful but slutty Amber. He wants out of the engagement, but he can't explain why without causing some unwanted damage in the political stability of
Leona
I absolutely loved this book, especially for the "tongue and cheek" humor. You usually don't find that too often, nor so beautifully executed as Susan Mallery did here. At the same time, I found that there were some genuinely difficult and painful moments for the heroine that created all that delicious tension I have come to love in these category romances. Finally, I loved the heroine. She was downtrodden, out of luck, desperately, unhappily in love with a man that didn't value or understand he ...more
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
I loved this book. I loved that the heroine was considered "dumpy and overweight" but the hero was thoroughly attracted to her. I liked the seduction and whisked away aspects too. The hero not was upfront about his motives but it turned out pretty well. Recommended if you like sheikh books.
ceecee
This book is just as fabulous as all the other Sheikh books by Susan Mallery.

The book starts off with Dora Nelson stranded in an air port. Along comes Prince Khalil Khan. She begs for a plane ride anywhere else but their. He agrees without thought. During the flight he comes to realize that his temporary assistant is as bright as she looked. Dora Nelson until recently was a manager's assistant. She helps Prince Khalil Khan during the flight and soon after landing finds herself hired by him. With
Skyden
This is the story of Doormat Dora who married a static hero. I think what gets me is that this book was published in 2004 (according to Amazon), but given the stereotypical blahness of the male/female dynamics, I'd have thought it had been published in the 80s. I'd be able to give the author a bit more leniency if it had, as societal views change and there's generally a formulaic pattern for writing the Silhouette type novels.

Dora isn't really a kidnapped bride. I'm sort of still trying to figu
Amanda Sheila
Well..

I was expecting something wham-bam with its angst, especially when the storyline's very promising. But, no. Khalil's expression is so flat and I don't like it.

I want more. The heroine's easy forgiveness is kind of getting on my nerves. Again, I was expecting more resistant and more begging from Hero.

Good, but not my favorite.
Mariana Bezerra
Nora was just a girl running after she discovered her fiancé was an asshole and treated her really bad because he was never in love with her and was just pretending all the time just to keep his job, but it was really unusual how she asked for a ride with Prince Khalil and he said yes.

He wasn’t the best person in the begin of the story but I could feel his frustrations, first at his secretary that only wanted to sleep with him and enjoy his fortune, but the worst part was his fiancé. He was betr
Rene
This is a wonderful book about a woman named Dora who is having an affair with her boss Gerald. One day while she is having her wedding dress fitted, she and Gerald were to fly to Boston to start a new life. It turns out that Gerald didn't ever love Dora and leaves her stranded on a remote Kansas runway in an ill-fitted wedding dress.

Meanwhile there is a Prince from El Bahar that has to stop at the same Kansas airport for fuel in his privete jet and pick up an assistant.
The young Prince comes
Virginia
Barb
But she also couldn't stop loving him. More than anything else, Dora wanted a happy home and an adoring husband. Still, when Dora's feistiness met Khalil's arrogance, sparks flew. And unless Dora and K
Ivonne
al principio estaba emocionada ya que no fue amor a primera vista como todos pero las cosas cambiaron cuando se complico lo de Khalil y Amber, creo que su decision fue apresurada y no me gusto como reacciono.
Dora es una protagonista "fuerte" pero hay veces que le falto temple con Khalil mucho amor puedes tener pero debe darse su lugar, a pesar que asi lo quiso dar a entender no fue de esa manera y me molesto como era el con ella, debio dar su brazo a torcer y no ser ella la que lo diera.
para mi
Erica
Those two were completely stubborn, but enjoyable. To bad we didn't find out what happen to that slime ball Gerald.
Amy
Some of the terminology was pretty funny. The title was a bit misleading, but not a bad book. It was a fast absorbing read, but it did lack real substance unsurprisingly. I don't really think the characters were very believable. I had a hard time believing that the main character was so caught up in a fiancé/wedding that was based off of 1 make-out session. However, these types of books aren't exactly trying for excellence, so I let it slide.
Meg Kinch
Very good start to the series. I liked this book. Definitely wanted to hurl the Sheik across the room a couple of times to knock some sense into him, but otherwise pretty good. Plus, I think the villain of this piece, Amber, needs to be smacked off her pedestal. She is nothing but trouble, caused nothing but trouble, and if she is in any of the rest of the series I hope she is brought down. Looking forward to reading the others.
AelixRage
OMG. That has to be the most hilarious novella I've ever read!

Now don't get me wrong, this story has serious issues in it as well, but where do you find a hero so damn arrogant that it's ridiculously funny?!

Ah I've never felt so satisfied. This was a good, fun read. The only misgivings I have is that one or two things were not resolved. An epilogue tying up loose threads could have earned this 5 stars.
Brenna
A yummy fantasy about a jilted bride and a handsome prince.
Liss Martz
Este libro lo compre en un súpermercado a tan solo $2 dólares !!
Lo leí en un par de horas y me gustó mucho! Lectura rápida y romántica.

I bought this book in a supermarket just for $2 dollars !!
I read it in a couple of hours and I really liked it. A quick and romantic read.
Teresa
I wish there was a little bit more 'happy' in the happily ever after. After all the angst and heartache, I wish there had been more to the ending instead of just the couple pages where everything works out and is wonderful.
Francis
As always, my dear Susan Mallery leaves me well satisfied with her books. I so missed reading them and this one was awesome. I loved the story, though Dora kind of annoyed me with her insecurity. Nonetheless, it was great.
Tia
Best out of the series so far, that I'd reviewed. The heroine is quite hurt and heartbroken. I felt myself relate and go with her emotions. It was especially impressive how well the prince aka hero kissed her ass later.
Season
I really did enjoy this story. I thought parts could have flowed a little better, maybe a little more on them getting to know each other, their conversations. But I cannot wait to read the next in the series.
Lisa
The is another great Susan mallery book but you'll want to kick the Sheik's but thru most of it. Of course he figures out his mistakes in the end. This is one oin the Desert Rogue series.
Prangon
The Sheik's Kidnapped Bride, where the prince of El Bahar, Khalil Khan tricks Nora in to marring him so he can save himself from an arrange marriage. Which turns into something more.
Mιss •kαthєяίиє•  Τhε Emεrαℓd Pяίиcεss®
Have I mentioned how much I love Susan Mallery's book's? They are always so well written, romantic and touching. I enjoy reading her books and this one was very very good.
Brandy Franck
Honestly my favorite book now. Wonderful characters, completely believable even with the prince/sheik marrying the temp. Beautiful, beautiful story!!!
vra
I would have liked it better if the prince had apologized, but it is a good story nonetheless. A more detailed description of 'the wild thing' would be nice.
Serena
My Rating System:
* couldn't finish, ** wouldn't recommend, *** would recommend, **** would read again, ***** have read again
Modesty_b
This one is my favourite out of the series ... I don't know how many times I've read it so far and I still love it :)
~E~ Riverina Romantics

Didn't realise I have already read this book years ago.

Loved it though.
Tara
Book 1, utterly fabulous and sucking you into reading the rest of the series!
  • The Desert King  (Throne of Judar #3)
  • The Sheikh's Chosen Queen (Desert Kings, #1)
  • Bella and the Merciless Sheikh (The Balfour Brides #7)
  • An Arabian Marriage (Sister Brides, #1)
  • The Sheikh's Wayward Wife (Sheikh Tycoons, #2)
  • The Sheikh's Chosen Wife
  • Desert Prince, Defiant Virgin (Harlequin Presents, #2796)
  • The Sheikh's Ransomed Bride (Surrender to the Sheikh) (Harlequin Presents, #2649)
  • Sheikh with Benefits
  • Innocent in the Sheikh's Harem (Armstrong Sisters #1)
  • The Inherited Bride
  • Love-Slave to the Sheikh
  • Stolen by the Sheikh
  • Desert Warrior
  • Monarch of the Sands
With more than 25 million books sold worldwide, #1 New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery is known for creating characters who feel as real as the folks next door, and for putting them into emotional, often funny situations readers recognize from their own lives. Susan’s books have made Booklist’s Top 10 Romances list in four out of five consecutive years. RT Book Reviews says, “When it c ...more
More about Susan Mallery...

Desert Rogues (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Sheik's Arranged Marriage (Desert Rogues, #2) (Silhouette Special Edition, #1324)
  • The Sheik's Secret Bride (Desert Rogues, #3) (Silhouette Special Edition, #1331)
  • The Sheik and the Runaway Princess (Desert Rogues #4)
  • The Sheik and the Virgin Princess (Desert Rogues, #5) (Silhouette Special Edition, #1453)
  • The Prince & The Pregnant Princess  (Desert Rogues, #6) (Silhouette Special Edition, #1473)
  • The Sheik & The Princess in Waiting (Silhouette Special Edition, #1606)
  • The Sheik & the Princess Bride (Desert Rogues, #8) (Silhouette Special Edition, #1647)
  • The Sheik & The Bride Who Said No (Desert Rogues, #9)
  • The Sheik and the Virgin Secretary
  • The Sheik and the Christmas Bride (Desert Rogues, #11) (Desert Rogues #11)
Chasing Perfect (Fool's Gold, #1) Only Yours (Fool's Gold, #5) Only Mine (Fool's Gold #4) Almost Perfect (Fool's Gold, #2) Finding Perfect (Fool's Gold, #3)