Start by marking “The elders of Israel and the Constitution” as Want to Read:
The elders of Israel and the Constitution

The elders of Israel and the Constitution

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  11 reviews
With very little advertising, the original The Elders of Israel and the Constitution has been in continual demand since it was first published in 1970. Over the years many people have said it was that book that opened their understanding of the Constitution and motivated them to become actively engaged in seeking to preserve it.
Unknown Binding, 212 pages
Published 1991 by Parliament Publishers (first published 1970)

To ask other readers questions about The elders of Israel and the Constitution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The elders of Israel and the Constitution

Louis
For anyone desiring to educate themselves about the Constitution, and the religious (specifically, Christian) and moral foundations upon which it is based, I highly recommend this book as an excellent primer. It lays out, in a logical and consistent manner, the framework of our Constitution and the rationale of the Founding Fathers who created it.

Furthermore, it exposes the fallacies behind the modern-day love affair with a "living Constitution" and a dissolution of the separation of powers as e
Alison
A book like this should be a part of every family's study of the Constitution. In fact, I have a companion study guide for it that I am using to teach my children. It not only breaks down the Constitution into bite size pieces, but discusses the 3 main fundamental principles that it was based on; a religious foundation as a necessity to keeping freedom, a right to freedom of person and property, and that we must protect our freedom against human nature. The author gives a good discussion on the ...more
Kristy
I'm so glad I read this. Horowitz lays out very clearly the differences between the way our Founding Fathers set up our country and where it is today. Even though it was written over 40 years ago, the book is just as applicable today.
Yougo
One of the best books I've read on the constitution and the checks and balances put into place with the founding of the country. I count this as one of the foundational books I've read on the subject of the constitution, it really opened my eyes to a lot of principles of the constitution that I had never considered before. VERY highly recommended.
Becky
I loved this book. The author makes the intents of our Founding Fathers and The Constitution very understandable. Every LDS member, or American for that matter, should read this book. If you want to understand what is happening in our society today, this book is a great place to start. I would recommend it to everyone. Love it.
Scott
A very powerful book. I wish that all Latter-day Saints would read this book, take it's message to heart, and educate ourselves and those around us in the true principles of freedom with which we have been blessed as part of this "most glorious Constitution". It's message was timely when it was written in 1970. It is even more so today.
Adam Hinckley
Great book if you want to know what some the leaders of the leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints have said about the constitution. It states where our government has gone wrong, but in the end the author doesn't have recommendations of how to solve the problem, that was a bit of a let down.
Christina
Nov 24, 2008 Christina rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone!!
Recommended to Christina by: Joyce Kay
This is an excellent book. I love the way in which the author explains plainly the correlations between the gospel and the constitution. I highly recommend this book to everyone. You can now read it online for free so do a search and find it!! Now!!! Really!
Suzanna
I have not finished this book yet, but it has been excellent as far as I have read it. It is currently packed away somewhere since our last couple of moves.
Andrew Ross
This book solidified some of my political leanings. The book is pretty heavy reading and it has been a while so I need to read this again.
Ernie Dawson
Not sure date I read this book.
Cynthia Egbert
Cynthia Egbert marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Jared
Jared marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Breeana
Breeana marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Mary Neubecker
Mary Neubecker marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Rena
Rena marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Sami Sayed
Sami Sayed marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2013
Dave Rumsey
Dave Rumsey is currently reading it
Aug 27, 2012
David
David marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
The United States has Two Constitutions The Elders of Israel and the Constitution The United States has two constitutions: How to identify and promote the true constitution ; including text of constitution and amendments with explanatory comments