Start by marking “Violin for Dummies [With CD (Audio)]” as Want to Read:
Violin for Dummies [With CD (Audio)]

Violin for Dummies [With CD (Audio)]

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  70 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The bestselling guide to teaching yourself the violin just got betterDespite being one of the most popular musical instruments for budding musicians, the violin has a reputation as being amongst the most difficult to learn. But no longer. "Violin for Dummies" is packed with the information you need to learn the art of this beautiful instrument, whether you're looking to ge ...more
Published April 17th 2012 by For Dummies (first published January 9th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Violin for Dummies [With CD (Audio)], please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Violin for Dummies [With CD (Audio)]

Stephen Hanrahan
I like for dummies books .their clear and helpful and usually an excellent place to start learning any new subject.

Violin for dummies was such a starting point. I am a fairly good violin player .now as well as moving onto other instruments including cello guitar and piano.I have impressed several music students with my ability I on the instrument where most of my education was via YouTubeand this book
Sarah Angoluan
Despite that i don't actually read this book, because this book contains the basics that could help someone about the violin, i really find this book helpful, i read the parts that i don't know about the violin.

This book is helpful to those who don't know the basics of the violin, the parts of the violin and bow, proper bow hold and violin hold, how to change the violin string, how to tune and of course, how to read and the note placement in the violin.

I think this book is helpful for those who
Natalie Gilbert
Read the first few chapters of this and look forward to finishing it. It offered great insight on maintenance as well as history and technique. I also enjoyed the ice skating book by this publisher; I find they're quite comprehensive and always written by true experts (by Yamaguchi, for instance, in the case of the ice skating version).
Bobby
Like most Dummies books, the helpful information is hit and miss.

For instance it tells you that you'll need to apply rosin, but it fails to mention that the rosin cake needs to scraped so that a powder can be obtained.

I feel pretty stupid for rubbing the rock-like rosin cake up and down the bow but how was I supposed to know?
Juanita Molina
a little bit hard to understand and the CD didn't work so i was kind of struggling and i didn't understand the up bow and down bow symbols when it came to reading an actual piece of music. I don't think this book is for people that expect to learn Violin without a teacher because trust me it's real hard.
Lynn Tiede
Lynn Tiede marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Farshid
Farshid marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Ashika & Nalini
Ashika & Nalini marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Mary Kate
Mary Kate marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Mennacapri2
Mennacapri2 marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Skylar
Skylar marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Alaska
Alaska marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Jeremy Gilreath
Jeremy Gilreath marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Ceshia
Ceshia marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Kingsley Okei
Kingsley Okei marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Adrian
Adrian is currently reading it
May 29, 2015
Andromeda
Andromeda marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Travis Collins
Travis Collins marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Sean Lim
Sean Lim is currently reading it
May 13, 2015
Marina Andreou
Marina Andreou marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Nathanial John
Nathanial John marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Sammylrowe
Sammylrowe marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015