Start by marking “Android Phones for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Android Phones for Dummies

Android Phones for Dummies

Everything you need to know about your Android smartphone?in full color! Eager to learn the ins and outs of your exciting, new Android phone? Then this is the book you need! Written in the typical fun and friendly For Dummies style, this full-color guide covers the basics of all the features of Android phones without weighing you down with heavy technical terms or jargon. ...more
Published April 3rd 2012 by For Dummies

To ask other readers questions about Android Phones for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Android Phones for Dummies

Astrid
Feb 09, 2016 Astrid rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Finally finished this title. I learned more from here than from the book that is written specifically for the Samsung Galaxy Note. Say what you want, the titles in the Dummies series are always fun to read and instructional.
Heather
3.5 I did learn some things, but not much. Mostly just some stuff about the keyboard and a setting my phone didn't have. Probably more helpful with older, as in not the newest, Android phone.
Grazyna Nawrocka
Jan 07, 2014 Grazyna Nawrocka rated it it was amazing
I found this book really helpful in comprehending all potential of my new phone.
Julie
Feb 04, 2013 Julie rated it liked it
This was a little out of date but as usual an excellent introduction into the topics. I read it cover to cover despite the introduction telling me not to and found some good pointers. Most of the stuff I had figured out myself already through trial and error. However, I remember how I felt when I was confronted with an Android for the first time and this book would have been EXTREMELY helpful then. And don't forget you can go to wambooli.com for updates. (I just went there, first I clicked on ...more
Kay
May 10, 2015 Kay rated it really liked it
I liked this book because it starts with no assumptions! In creating a class for new android phone users (usually seniors) -- I often find it difficult to find tech books that start at the beginning and assume no knowledge of prior phones or android tablets. This book does that and provides clear instructions with lots of pictures. Well done!
Adult Services At Eckhart Public Library
Heather: While this wasn't the best help book for me, it's got a lot to offer to users who aren't familiar with the Android interface. If you're looking at getting some sort of device that runs on any of the Android operating systems I highly recommend checking this book out.
Al Maki
Jul 12, 2016 Al Maki rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, technique
I don't think this book is a good choice for people with any experience with information processing equipment, i.e. almost anyone. It's far too simple and it seeks to explain ideas that have already permeated the culture. It might have been useful five or six years ago.
Aya Hamza
Jun 27, 2016 Aya Hamza rated it liked it
Shelves: technology
Very useful for Android users.
You can find any thing you wanna know about your phone in this book; how to use, what apps should you have, how to save the battery.. etc.
Beau
Jun 23, 2016 Beau rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: technology
I learned a lot from reading this book. Even on topics I was already familiar with I learned a new thing or two. Now I am confident in using my Android phone.
Deirdre
Would be useful for someone who has just got a new Android phone and were looking for hints and tips, not useful for me.
Susan
Jun 26, 2016 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Only read selected pages. It may relate more to Samsung Androids than the Motorola Android phone that I was interested in finding out more about.
Meet Raj
Meet Raj rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2015
Joanna
Joanna rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2012
Marybeth
Marybeth rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Gina Vaziri
Gina Vaziri rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2013
Fernando Morales
It was basic, but okay, a lot of stuff I found by trail and error before I got to the chapter.
Kirt
Kirt rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2013
Denise  Hardin
Denise Hardin rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2014
Joseph Schneider
Joseph Schneider rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2014
Elizabeth Homard
Elizabeth Homard rated it it was ok
Jan 20, 2016
Sharon Parris
Sharon Parris rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2015
Bobbi M. Sundeen
Bobbi M. Sundeen rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2015
Nathan Hogg
Nathan Hogg rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2016
Gevera Bert
Gevera Bert rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2013
Kieran Neylon
Kieran Neylon rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2012
Michael Brennan
Michael Brennan rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2015
Stephanie Taylor
Stephanie Taylor rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2016