Start by marking “The Picky Palate Cookbook” as Want to Read:
The Picky Palate Cookbook

The Picky Palate Cookbook

The first cookbook from Jenny Flake, the mom-blogger behind Picky Palate On-the-go moms like Jenny Flake know how tough it is to keep family meals interesting day-in and day-out, so she did something about it. On her blog, Picky Palate, she serves up fun, super-tasty family meals that will please even the pickiest little eaters. Now, she offers the same fast and delicious ...more
Published October 5th 2012 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Picky Palate Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Picky Palate Cookbook

Sandy
Feb 01, 2013 Sandy rated it really liked it
Shelves: library
This spiral bound book has the glossy pages which is something I enjoy but what it is lacking is pictures. I like to see what I am cooking and that is something I noticed right away. Broken up into the traditional sections: breakfast, appetizers, sides, desserts and meat she does add a section for bake sale items, chicken, vegetarian, and fish. One section is marked Slow and Go and that includes soups, stews,and some slow-cooker recipes. Each section carries around 10-22 recipes depending on the ...more
Alyssa
Apr 23, 2013 Alyssa rated it liked it
Shelves: in-the-kitchen
I adore Picky Palate the blog, but sadly I didn't think as highly of her book.

As I flipped through I had a few thoughts:

1) I wish there were more pictures. I know that sounds a bit elementary but I am a designer and therefore a very visual person, I need to see photos to peak my interest (and so I can see what it's supposed to look like). There were some lovely images but not enough for me.

2) For every interesting & delicious sounding recipe I found (and tagged & copied) there was at l
Kim
Dec 07, 2012 Kim rated it it was ok
Shelves: cooking, 2012
I first heard about this cookbook via Bakerella, as she was featuring the oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies. I picked the book up from the library excited to try some of the recipes. As I flipped through, the first thing that stood out to me was the lack of photos. I don't necessarily need to see a photo of every single item, but it would have been nice to see photos of items that she has made up instead of staples in most families home. I found many of the recipes to be similar to ones your ...more
Alisa
Dec 19, 2014 Alisa rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
3.5 stars. I like the idea of picky recipes and these are relatively simple. The ones I have made so far were big winners. Some of the categories didn't have too many recipes that appealed to me (usually meaning lower star rating), but those that I have tried so far are easy and good. Will be trying some more.
Christie
Feb 08, 2013 Christie rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks, children-s
I am looking forward to trying more recipes in this book. So far we've really liked the pork roast and wild rice casserole. The ingredients are standard pantry items (nothing hard to find or too expensive) and pretty reasonable prep time. Overall a good family cook book.
Niki
Jan 18, 2013 Niki rated it really liked it
Some very creative ideas (like the puff pastries with nutella and marshmallows). Some of the recipes are a bit lacking in flavor, in my opinion, but they definitely please my household's picky eaters.
Kathryn
Sep 04, 2013 Kathryn rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
This cookbook had lots of recipes that my husband and I would enjoy. Maybe we are picky eaters, one to think over. The photography makes everything look delicious.
Shari
Shari rated it did not like it
Jun 22, 2013
Tracy Van Beek
Tracy Van Beek rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2015
Anna Garcia
Anna Garcia rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2014
Lindsaaay
Lindsaaay rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2014
Claire Gulino
Claire Gulino rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2015
Nancy Marty
Nancy Marty rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2015
Kristen Ridlen
Kristen Ridlen rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2015
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2012
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2013
Melissa Buckner
Melissa Buckner rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2015
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2013
Emily
Emily rated it it was ok
Aug 13, 2013
Stephanie Bedilion
Stephanie Bedilion rated it it was ok
Dec 02, 2013
Janet Grey
Janet Grey rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2013
Ardala Evans
Ardala Evans rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2015
Jen Jen Valentine
Jen Jen Valentine rated it did not like it
Dec 02, 2012
Meghan
Meghan rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2016
Emma
Emma rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2016
davis28
davis28 rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2015
Amy  Franklin
Amy Franklin rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2015
Karen Richards
Karen Richards rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2014
Abigail
Abigail rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2016