Start by marking “Ororo: Before the Storm” as Want to Read:
Ororo: Before the Storm

Ororo: Before the Storm (X-Men Storm)

3.64  ·  Rating Details  ·  87 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
The back alleys of Cairo's thieves quarter are no place for a child to grow up - unless that child is destined to be one of the greatest Marvel heroines of all time!
Published December 7th 2005 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Ororo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ororo

Dennis R.
May 28, 2012 Dennis R. rated it it was amazing
Storm (along with Cyclops) is my all-time favorite superhero. She’s hands down one of the most iconic superheroes of all time. This backstory is a fun romp that I highly recommend. Before the Storm, is also a reminder that this extraordinary heroine is yet another character who needs her ongoing series like yesterday. ...more
Stephanie
Sep 03, 2015 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic, family, thieves
This was a fun little origin Story for Storm of the X-Men and it was nice they showed her as a child in Cairo and we got a glimpse of Apocalypse. The art was OK but this was made more for kids and that's fine the overall story was really well done and the adventure was nice.
Nadia
Jul 04, 2015 Nadia rated it liked it
Shelves: mutants
I graded it for the audience for which it was intended-which is children. I think an adult picking this up would find the plot pretty predictable but for a kid it's a pretty allright Disneyfied story set in Ororo's Cairo days. As an adult reading this I'd also nitpick that it didn't make sense to make her language so formal-when the character is an adult using english for the first time in ages it might make sense but when she's a little kid who learned the local language from other street kids ...more
Dorlissa
Feb 27, 2014 Dorlissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first part of a four part graphic novel that shows part of the childhood of the X-Man called Storm. I found it to be very engaging with great illustrations that made it easy to follow and become part of the action. In this novel she is helping secure food for her fellow thieves when they get caught, it then follows their escape and reuniting with their fellows.

From a text-to-self point of view I could easily relate to Ororo in this novel because she was unwilling to leave behind a f
Stacey Marie
Apr 15, 2013 Stacey Marie rated it really liked it
Even though this series is made for a young audience, it was nice seeing a background story arc for Storm--since she's one of my all-time favs. The art work was nicely done as well.
Jen
Feb 21, 2007 Jen rated it liked it
Yes, I do love the X-Men. This little story of Storm as an egyptian street urchin is pretty entertaining.
Emily
Apr 05, 2014 Emily rated it really liked it
I loved that the scenes during the day were printed on a white background while the scenes at night were printed on black. It was a good plot with enjoyable artwork. I can't wait for the storyline to delve deeper into Ororo's discovery of her powers.
Call me what you'd like.....but my name is Tim
Storm is perhaps my favorite superhero of all time and I loved this origin story!
Tom
Jul 20, 2016 Tom rated it liked it
Excellent art, fun read...
Zach Brooks
Mar 05, 2014 Zach Brooks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was great! I like Marvel so the background story of "Storm" a big character in the X-Men movies. This book is about Storm as a kid,she was Ororo. This was part one in a four part book series. Ororo was a thief along with tones of other kids. These kids were taught by their master. During a pick pocketing Ororo was caught by a guard and chased. During the chase she looks in a window and sees the money opportunity of her life.
Ann-Marie
Dec 16, 2013 Ann-Marie rated it really liked it
This was a fun adventure set in Egypt when Storm was a young street thief named Ororo. I thought that both the story and the artwork were well done making it a great read for Storm fans of all ages. She's always been a favorite of mine from the X-Men and I thought this was an awesome glimpse into her past. Loved it!
Pagan
Oct 08, 2013 Pagan rated it really liked it
One of my favorite characters to read about. Pretty good story.
Kat Lee
Kat Lee marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Tsveti
Tsveti rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2016
Tess
Tess added it
Jul 25, 2016
Mark
Mark added it
Jun 14, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
Bobby Christon-Walker
Bobby Christon-Walker marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Juliet
Juliet rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2016
Rui Mateus
Rui Mateus rated it really liked it
May 18, 2016
Aly Mcpherson
Aly Mcpherson marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Imogen
Imogen marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Charmaine
Charmaine marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Eefke
Eefke marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Chetara
Chetara marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

X-Men Storm (8 books)
  • X-Men: Storm by Warren Ellis & Terry Dodson
  • Astonishing X-Men: Storm
  • X-Men: Magik: Storm & Illyana
  • The Uncanny X-Men: Rogue Storm (X Men)
  • X-Treme X-Men, Vol. 7: Storm – The Arena