Start by marking “Ororo: Before the Storm” as Want to Read:
Ororo: Before the Storm

Ororo: Before the Storm

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  14 reviews
The back alleys of Cairo's thieves quarter are no place for a child to grow up - unless that child is destined to be one of the greatest Marvel heroines of all time!
Published December 7th 2005 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Ororo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ororo

Dennis R.
Storm (along with Cyclops) is my all-time favorite superhero. She’s hands down one of the most iconic superheroes of all time. This backstory is a fun romp that I highly recommend. Before the Storm, is also a reminder that this extraordinary heroine is yet another character who needs her ongoing series like yesterday. ...more
Dorlissa
This is the first part of a four part graphic novel that shows part of the childhood of the X-Man called Storm. I found it to be very engaging with great illustrations that made it easy to follow and become part of the action. In this novel she is helping secure food for her fellow thieves when they get caught, it then follows their escape and reuniting with their fellows.

From a text-to-self point of view I could easily relate to Ororo in this novel because she was unwilling to leave behind a f
Jen
Yes, I do love the X-Men. This little story of Storm as an egyptian street urchin is pretty entertaining.
Nadia
I graded it for the audience for which it was intended-which is children. I think an adult picking this up would find the plot pretty predictable but for a kid it's a pretty allright Disneyfied story set in Ororo's Cairo days. As an adult reading this I'd also nitpick that it didn't make sense to make her language so formal-when the character is an adult using english for the first time in ages it might make sense but when she's a little kid who learned the local language from other street kids ...more
Emily
I loved that the scenes during the day were printed on a white background while the scenes at night were printed on black. It was a good plot with enjoyable artwork. I can't wait for the storyline to delve deeper into Ororo's discovery of her powers.
Tim
Storm is perhaps my favorite superhero of all time and I loved this origin story!
Zach Brooks
I thought this book was great! I like Marvel so the background story of "Storm" a big character in the X-Men movies. This book is about Storm as a kid,she was Ororo. This was part one in a four part book series. Ororo was a thief along with tones of other kids. These kids were taught by their master. During a pick pocketing Ororo was caught by a guard and chased. During the chase she looks in a window and sees the money opportunity of her life.
Ann-Marie
This was a fun adventure set in Egypt when Storm was a young street thief named Ororo. I thought that both the story and the artwork were well done making it a great read for Storm fans of all ages. She's always been a favorite of mine from the X-Men and I thought this was an awesome glimpse into her past. Loved it!
Stacey Marie
Even though this series is made for a young audience, it was nice seeing a background story arc for Storm--since she's one of my all-time favs. The art work was nicely done as well.
Pagan
One of my favorite characters to read about. Pretty good story.
Daria Nedelcu
Daria Nedelcu is currently reading it
Aug 30, 2015
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Siobhan
Siobhan marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
Kaitlyn Hunter
Kaitlyn Hunter marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Nathan
Nathan marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Spider-Man and Power Pack: Big-city Super Heroes Power Pack: Pack Attack! X-Men and Power Pack: The Power of X Power Pack, Vol. 1 (New Avengers, X-Men) Avengers and Power Pack Assemble!