Start by marking “Dawn's Big Date (The Baby-Sitters Club, #50)” as Want to Read:
Dawn's Big Date (The Baby-Sitters Club, #50)

Dawn's Big Date (The Baby-Sitters Club #50)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  873 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Dawn tries to give herself a new image by changing her hair, makeup, clothes, and personality, but then she worries about whether her friends and her penpal Lewis will like the new Dawn.
Published 1992 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Dawn's Big Date, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dawn's Big Date

Ciara
this book opens with dawn & mary anne getting ready for their new year's eve party. mary anne wants to make english muffin pizzas & pigs-in-a-blanket. dawn suggests soybean pie & some other weirdo health food snack. while they make their grocery lists, dawn gets to thinking about how no boy has ever really liked her the way that logan seems to like mary anne. logan's cousin lewis is visiting stoneybrook soon, from louisville. lewis & dawn have been exchanging letters ever since d ...more
Rachel Brand
This was one of the few BSC books that I actually owned as a kid but I was always annoyed at Dawn for trying to change herself so that Lewis would like her when he clearly already liked her enough if he was coming to visit her! But now I can see that she's just being a typical teenage girl and worrying about her appearance too much. I remember wearing a ton of blue - YES, BLUE - eyeshadow and mascara to school when I was her age because I wanted to look older so that a guy two years above me wou ...more
Jenn Ingram
Right after reading: 3 stars for the story, but I had to bump it up a star for all the amazing outfits! Can't wait to "Polyvore" them. :)

So this story really deserves like a 2.5 for the actual plot (major fat-shaming going on that I'll get into later) but I just had to bump it up for the outfits. There are a plethora of outfits and Dawn is bringing her A-game in this one, folks. (Too bad she goes back to Cali-casual in the end.)

The book starts off on the day before New Year's Eve and Mary Anne &
Rylee
I like this book and I like dawn because she is an individual!
Laura Hughes
Logan’s cousin Lewis, whom Dawn has been pen-palling since shortly after her dalliance with the older boy, comes for a visit. For some reason, Dawn becomes convinced that Lewis won’t like boring old Dawn, so she begins experimenting with clothes, makeup, and sullenness. Nobody likes "the new Dawn," least of all Lewis, whom she is actually pretty mean to. Standing strong with cliche, she drops her act and "is herself" just in time to have one good date with Lewis before he has to go home.
Meanwhil
April

Awesome books that girls will love! And the
Bridget
Didnt like it at all, I only liked a little but its way too simple for me to read. Dawn feels sorta lonely, and Mary Anne mentions alot about Logan's cousin, Lewis, and wants Dawn, to go out with him. When Dawn finally meets him, She feels like she should flirt with him and Lewis finds out that Dawn is only flirting with him cause she feels ugly and thinks thats why boys won't ask her out.

Happy reading!!

P.S. Only my opinion
Leah
Not one of my favorites in the series by far. I don't like the way Dawn changed. I know we're not supposed to, but it's not what Dawn changed into, it's just the fact that she did change. Dawn has always loved that she's not like everyone else. That's what makes her Dawn. I know we all go through times likes these, but I just feel this is beneath Dawn.
Kate
Dawn is so awkward in this book. Finally she decides to ditch her "California casual" look of baggy jeans and baggy button down shirts (how is this Californian) for a black turtleneck for a whole new image! Unfortunately, Dawn decides to go back to "being herself" after a disasterous date with Logan's cousin Lewis.
Windmill D2
Tina : This book is about a girl named Dawn who wants a double date with Logan (the guy that she likes} to go perfect with her stepsister Mary Anne Jane and her boyfriend.
Sarah Smith
I loved the series as a kid. I never read them in order because the library didn't have all of them. I think my favs were the Super Specials.
Jessica
I remember not being allowed to read this book because it was about dating, so I snuck reading it in the elementary school library! i loved BSC!
Rhiannon1220
This whole series is great for girls between 11-15 years old. I read every last one of them as I was growing up.
Becky
This is a book I read in primary school and I have a copy of my own :D I love this book :)
Amy Holcomb
The Baby-sitters Club series was my favorite growing up! :)
Cws
Jun 04, 2009 Cws added it
Shelves: jear
JEAR3-Mar
Sara
Sara added it
Jun 23, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Amanda
Amanda added it
Jun 22, 2015
Amanda Dicicco
Amanda Dicicco marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Sharon
Sharon added it
Jun 11, 2015
Loisa
Loisa added it
Jun 11, 2015
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
  • The War Between the Twins (Sweet Valley Twins, #37)
  • Molly Saves the Day: A Summer Story (American Girls: Molly, #5)

More about Ann M. Martin...

The Baby-Sitters Club (1 - 10 of 133 books)
  • The Summer Before (The Baby-Sitters Club, #0.5)
  • Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1)
  • Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls (The Baby-sitters Club, #2)
  • The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #4)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three (The Baby-Sitters Club, #5)
  • Kristy's Big Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #6)
  • Claudia and Mean Janine (The Baby-Sitters Club, #7)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #8)
  • The Ghost at Dawn's House (The Baby-Sitters Club, #9)
Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1) A Corner of the Universe A Dog's Life: The Autobiography of a Stray The Doll People (Doll People, #1) The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)