Start by marking “Graveworm” as Want to Read:
Graveworm

Graveworm

GRAVEWORM

By night he creeps through cemeteries. By night he violates graves. By night he sleeps with the dead. And by night he stalks new victims. His new victim is Lisa Coombes.

GRAVEWORM

His message to Tara Coombes is simple: He has buried Lisa alive. Her air is running out. It's time to play the game. And if Tara doesn't do exactly what he says and perform every gruesome
Published January 27th 2012 by Severed Press

To ask other readers questions about Graveworm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Graveworm

Char
Aug 06, 2016 Char rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This book was disgusting. Seriously disgusting. It made my stomach turn. We're talking grave-robbing, necrophilia, madness, and child abuse. And that was just the beginning.

So what does it say about me when I say that I really enjoyed it?! It says that I am a horror loving gal and if you love horror, (and think you can handle these kinds of subjects), this is the book for you!

Graveworm is a quick read that I guarantee will gross you out. I also guarantee that you will never look at a child's
Karl
Feb 12, 2016 Karl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thunderstorm-own
This is Black Voltage series number 17.

The book contains:

009 - "Graveworm"
283 - Deleted Chapters
303 - "Cold Cash"
317 - "Hunger Pains"

The cover is by Keith Minnion.

This is copy number 50 of 72 signed and numbered copies signed by Tim Curran.
Kimberly
Jul 12, 2016 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
4.5

Okay, I just realized that I never actually "reviewed" this book, although I have read it about 4 times by now. That could be simply because I can't think of how to review this without spoiling the entire tale...

Anyhow, this is horror in the true sense of the word. What does it say about me that this is one of my favorite Curran reads, and it is deeply disturbing on many levels? Basically, I have some pretty "disturbing" tastes in books ;).

Seriously, this one is simply so original and contai
Bill
Jan 23, 2016 Bill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tim Curran does it again with this grotesque tale of grave digging depravity. A woman is kidnapped and held by a deranged psycho who wants nothing more than to play a twisted game of murder and mayhem. Get ready for this one. The game is afoot and it’s time for a Tea Party with Worm!

In addition to the classic Curran creepy, crafty prose, this one had a Laymon-esque flair to it. Solid 4 Stars and Highly Recommended.

“...his pink tongue wormed at his lips, hungering for the giddy intoxication of t
Ken
Jul 24, 2014 Ken rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I almost didn't read this one because I was a bit turned off both by the cover of the book and by the title, thinking it was B-movie type monster horror. Once, I dug into the novel and got past the sudden burst of gore that kicks it off, I realized that the cover and title were metaphoric representations of what was happening, I settled, as much as you can settle, into a disturbing tale of human behavior.

Curran follows a thread straight from the tradition of "Psycho" but adds to it layer upon la
RedemptionDenied
I don't know.....I just don't know.
I think 'Tim Curran' has outdone himself with this novel. Just when I think he can't write anything more disturbing, he seems intent on proving me wrong. Again.

When Tara Coombes returns home from work - to an empty house, she knows something isn't right. That suspicion is answered when she goes into the kitchen and is presented with a scene that is the epitome of hell. From that moment - she totally loses it (and keeps losing it). Not long after, she receives a
Thomas Strömquist
Did not work very well for me at all. The shock value of the gore, filth and violence in the beginning wore off rather quickly and turned into the kind of over-the-top almost cartoonish flavor of old buckets-of-blood-movies like Texas chainsaw II (which I frequently came to think of).

After that, the book got repetitive rather fast, same scenes with small variations does not shock the second or third time and the long wordy description of exactly how bad something smells, looks or feels have the
David Bernstein
Nov 09, 2014 David Bernstein rated it really liked it
I have to start by saying I really enjoy Mr. Curran's work. This novel was a little different, but has the same Curran as we've come to expect. All the dark, gritty, excellent and highly detailed descriptions, and cringe-inducing scenes, but this one's more of an INNER novel. By that I mean, we see what is going on in the characters' minds, and Mr. Curran does this flawlessly. It's sick and twisted and well done. Kind of Psycho meets The Texas Chainsaw meets Curran.
Mike Gracen
Mike Gracen rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Chris Berko
Chris Berko rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2012
Anna Ford
Anna Ford rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2015
Kate
Kate rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2014
Rick
Rick rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2014
Dogfutt
Dogfutt rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2016
Darren Denton
Darren Denton rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2016
Ron
Ron rated it it was ok
Aug 10, 2012
John Copeland
John Copeland rated it it was ok
Jul 10, 2013
Mike B.
Mike B. rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2014
Mark
Mark rated it it was ok
Sep 16, 2012
Darren Denton
Darren Denton rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2016
Mark Hammond
Mark Hammond rated it it was ok
May 06, 2014
Denis Pedersen
Denis Pedersen rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2014
Matthew
Matthew rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2014
Shellz
Shellz rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2016
Reeda
Reeda rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2016
Kevin
Kevin rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2012
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2013
Oskar
Oskar rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2016
Kirsty
Kirsty rated it it was ok
Nov 20, 2012
Tim Curran lives in Michigan and is the author of the novels Skin Medicine, Hive, Dead Sea, Resurrection, The Devil Next Door, and Biohazard, as well as the novella The Corpse King. His short stories have appeared in such magazines as City Slab, Flesh&Blood, Book of Dark Wisdom, and Inhuman, and anthologies such as Shivers IV, High Seas Cthulhu, and Vile Things.

For DarkFuse and its imprints, h
More about Tim Curran...