Until Darkness Comes

Until Darkness Comes (Redemption Series #1)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  116 ratings  ·  29 reviews
A guardian angel… A forbidden love… Eternal consequences…

Olivia Norton was born with a gift—a gift heaven has sworn to protect, and hell is bound to destroy. Her perfect world is turned upside-down when two handsome strangers, Max and Liam, step into her life. Olivia soon discovers that her ‘Mr. Perfect’ is actually a perfect nightmare.

The rules of engagement have changed...more
Published April 1st 2012 by 5 Prince Publishing (first published March 20th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Until Darkness Comes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Until Darkness Comes

The Fault in Our Stars by John GreenEasy by Tammara WebberThe Sea of Tranquility by Katja MillayThe Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty MoseleyAnna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
TO DIE FOR 2012 - 2013 STAND-ALONES
32nd out of 493 books — 3,720 voters
She Belongs To Me by Carmen DeSousaThe Executive's Decision by Bernadette MarieUntil Darkness Comes by Melynda PriceThrough the Glass by Lisa J. HobmanBridge Over the Atlantic by Lisa J. Hobman
5 Prince Publishing
3rd out of 49 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Marie McKean
Taking the recommendation of a friend, I decided to go ahead and read this book. Boy, am I happy that I did. I adored this book, every single character and moment. It was so wonderfully crafted, and just flowed and built upon itself wonderfully. Despite a rollercoaster of emotions the characters felt, I don't know that I'm ready to give any of them a break before I dive into book 2!
Yvi
I loved this book! It took me a little bit to get into it, but had me hooked eventually! now i just wanna keep reading the next one! I love the chemistry between the two couples and my heart is just breaking for their unfulfilled love!
Mikayla Weeks
I have to say, I am absolutely in love with this book. It's fantastically writen, the characters are well developed, and by the end, all I wanted to do was read more. Melynda had me actually emotionally invested into Until Darkness Comes. At times I would legitimately be angry at people in the book. I ended up crying at work during one part.
I've read a lot of the whole paranormal kinda vampire and angel stuff, and this has quite honestly been my favorite one by far. The only thing I can see poss...more
WOW! This book really took me by surprise! I was hooked from the beginning and it held my interest the entire time. I fell in love with Liam and Balen and I can't wait to continue on and see where things lead! I really enjoy the kinds of books where it seems impossible for the couple to be together and you're wondering how it will ever happen. At this point, I still have NO idea how this can happen for them but I'm enjoying the struggle! Great start to a series!
Jordan Erika
I honestly loved this book! The writing was excellent, the plot was insanely interesting, and the characters were well defined.

Everything happens really fast in a way because there is one thing happening right after the next, which is a slight problem at the end because by the time you get to the actual climax of the book, it's not quite as exciting since the whole book has been extremely exciting. However, in a way it can feel slow because all of this stuff is happening over a really short per...more
Joelina
This has been a phenomenal reading experience. I loved this book from the first page - and when it comes to Paranormal stories I usually tend to be really picky. The characters are so vivid, it's almost as if they were standing right by my side!
I absolutely can't wait for the next one to come.
This is a completely new take on angels. It seems like "angels" are a topic that has been used so many times already that everything I read just sounds the same. But Melynda Price is different - her story...more
Amanda (Hootie) Clark
This was a really cool take on Angels! Angel books have been done to death it seems, but this one was fresh and felt like a completely different angle! I really loved the conflict between the two angels Max and Liam. They were both such well written characters. I was surprised the book got a little more saucy than most YA books I have read. The scenes between Max and his "Conquests" pushed the limits and I thought that was done wonderfully. The relationship between Olivia and Liam tugged at my h...more
Miriam
I was drawn right into this story from the beginning, and each turn of the page drew me in deeper.

Melynda Price's attention to detail and ability to paint such vivid pictures with her words is what brought this story to life - from descriptions of places and people, to the depths of emotions, to the realistic reactions by the characters. There wasn't a point in this story where I didn't feel something for each character - love, hate, disappointment, sorrow, hope, etc.

A well-written debut novel a...more
Samantha Martin
Until Darkness Comes is a story of good vs. evil, and love that conquers all. Olivia must be protected at all costs, her guardian angel Liam will do anything to protect her. When evil tries to take her, Liam intervenes and reveals himself to her. Olivia is mesmerized by Liam. Even though Liam knows that it is forbidden he falls for her, and she falls for him. Danger that strikes out from every direction, a forbidden love, and Heaven versus Hell.

This book will grab you from the very beginning an...more
Michala
This book had me hooked from the beginning. Melynda Price did a great job with the characters I loved them, all well part from one. Liam and Balen you got to love them both.
Laura Breck
A really incredible book. Olivia is a high school senior who falls in with a devil - literally! Max is a fallen angel intent on turning her to the dark side because of her unique gift. Liam is a very manly angel who risks everything to save her. Their love is forbidden but inevitable, and the story ends on a bittersweet note. The next book in the series, though, brings them back together and I can't wait to read it! This is a book for older teen girls all the way through great-grandmothers. You'...more
Jancy
This is the first book in the Redemption Series, I original thought this was a stand alone book. How glad was I to find it's the beginning to more to come.

I loved the characters in this book, they are well defined and you can't help but want more of them. The story is interesting and flows very well. I was never sitting bored.

At the end of the book we get a little look of the next book, It starts three years later. I read this and just couldn't believe I have to wait. PLEASE get the next book o...more
Angeles Pedroza
I have to admit that in the beginning of the book I was bit put off because I didn't know it was a YA book and I couldn't help thinking "Oh, boy here we go again with the teenage drama," and it also reminded me of another YA book with angels. Boy was I wrong, as I kept on reading I couldn't help falling in love with Olivia and Liam. I thought the plot was amazing and the ending was great not what I expected. Looking forward to more of this authors work I absolutely loved her work.
Sally Hoy
I loved this book. It not only has romance, it has a compelling good vs. evil story line. The writer has a gift for drawing the readers into her characters. I found myself thinking about them long after I'd finished the book. Kudos to Melynda Price for an excellent story. Keep them coming!
Lisa
Absolutely LOVED this! Couldn't put it down even though I haven't really read much paranormal romance. This books has made me think differently about the genre and I will be reading more!
Lisa
What a tear jerking ending! I have to read the next one, because things can't be left like this! Wonderful story! Great characters, great plot... Just WOW!
Connie Kline
This book is wonderful. Angels good/bad. Olivia never knew what hit her. This book will keep you glued to your seat until the last page.
Komay
...... OH MY GOD!! I completely loved this book!!! This deserves more than five stars! Mark it as a to-read! You won't regret it!!
Patty
look's and sounds stunning can't wait to read it!!!!
I wouldn't mind winning it either LOL!!
Sam
On to the next one... NOW!! This was so well written and I really love the characters!
Jennifer Kaster
Simply amazing. Can't wait to read the next book!
Kendra
I loved this book.
Ariel Avalon
Review originally posted at my blog

Olivia is one of the few people on Earth gifted with the Sight, the ability to see angels and demons. The Underworld is determined to kill her, as she is a threat to their kind, and they send Max to do the job. Luckily for her, she has her own guardian angel Liam to protect her. But Max will not give up so easily, and he will take down everything she loves to get to her.

This novel was really hard for me to rate, and as such this review may contain light spoiler...more
Denice
One thing I noticed in the story was that it seems to be a fast-paced one. Sometimes I can’t really help but notice that an event just happened in one place then the next it is another one set in a different location. But this story was quite interesting because you will see here just how much Liam is willing to sacrifice himself for his forbidden love, Olivia. He was ready to lose his wings and leave the only home he has known in order to protect Liv from Max and the other demons.

I wonder what...more
Cassie
one of my favorite Angel vs. demon books ever read.
Marymichele
I originally discovered this book through a giveaway on Goodreads. Though I didn't win that contest, I'm glad that I went back and purchased the book. I really enjoyed it, and I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series. I would highly recommend this book to anyone.
Kristina
Sep 05, 2012 Kristina marked it as to-read
Shelves: first-reads
*** I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads ***
** The Giveaway was Listed By Melynda (the author) **
* I received my copy on Wed, Sep 05 2012 *

THANK YOU GOODREADS FIRST READS AND MELYNDA!

I will follow with a full review after reading.
Connie Kline
Mar 03, 2013 Sarah marked it as to-read
Shelves: free, kindle
Currently free on amazon
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
What makes paranormal romance so hot? 1 6 Nov 01, 2012 01:23PM
Authors rating their own books 1 11 Apr 22, 2012 05:33PM
  • Blood Bound (Gallows, #1)
  • Save My Soul (Save My Soul, #1)
  • The Vampire Bracelet
  • Cruxim
  • Sacred Bloodlines (The Sacred Guardians, #1)
  • Reaper (The Guardian Legacies, #2)
  • Romeo and Juliet
  • UnGuarded
  • Lightbringer (Celestial Affairs, #1)
  • Darkness Comes This Way (The Guardians of the Night, #1)
  • Kiss Of An Angel
  • Guardian (The Fallen Chronicles #1)
  • Feathermore (Feathermore, #1)
  • Rewrite Redemption
  • A Strange Fire (Florence Vaine, #1)
  • Destiny Redeemed  (The Destined Ones #2)
  • Incorporeal (Soul, #1)
  • My Soul to Keep  (Soul Keeper, #1)
Author of the Redemption Series. A paranormal romance about A guardian angel... Forbidden love... Eternal consequences... Until Darkness Comes and Shades of Darkness are avail in paperback or ebook.
More about Melynda Price...
Shades of Darkness (Redemption Series #2) Courting Darkness (Redemption Series #3) Braving the Darkness (Redemption #4)