Start by marking “Sun Mage (Blacklight Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sun Mage (Blacklight Chronicles, #2)

Sun Mage (Blacklight Chronicles #2)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  437 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Book Two in the Blacklight Chronicles fantasy series:

Far out to sea, a mysterious island holds the ancient city of Darkov. The immortal sorcerer Aurellia awaits the arrival of Talis and Mara. The Temple of the Sun lures both dark and light forces to discover its power.

Talis and Mara will have to use their wits to escape slavery and trek out into the jungle. Foul fields of
Published January 14th 2012 by Amber Muse (first published January 3rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Sun Mage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sun Mage

Melissa
The second in the series didn't disappoint.Once again it was a fast read with the same four main characters. The action was pretty much nonstop until the end. I will be looking forward to the next installment.
Jeanette Thomas
This book had such good detail. I felt like I was running for my life in the underworld. Certainly never want to be there. Good book.
Beth
Highly complex fantasy tale of magical teens fighting for life, freedom and their people
Pam Galloway
Jul 13, 2012 Pam Galloway rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: pre-teen, high schoolers, those who read book 1
Even better than the first book!

Overall Rating: 4 stars

Summary
A continuation from Fire Mage (Book 1 in the Blacklight Chronicles), this fantasy book picks up where the first ended. Talis Storm and his 3 companions are slaves on a ship bound for the island they so desperately need in order to find the temple of the goddess Nacrea, which will hopefully give them a way to save their native land of Naru. Throughout this novel, the focus is more on the battle for leadership between Talis and Rikar ,
Maegan Morin
Sun Mage is book 2 in the Blacklight Chronicles written by John Forrester and it was AWESOME! I had the pleasure of reading both books in the series pretty much back to back and everything that I was disappointed with (which wasnt much), in the first one was forgotten. The fast pace for this book, like the first one, makes it a great read for pre-teens, teens and adults. A classic high fantasy novel with gods, magic, friendship and deception. We start the novel with Talis, Mara, Nikulo and Rikar ...more
Bill Tillman
Wow another dazzling tale from John Forrester. Talis has the daunting task of finding the Temple of the Sun goddess Nacrea. Together with his friends he winds up as a slave sold into bondage by slave traders. After escaping unknowingly using Aurellia the Immortal Sorcerer the adventure turns more perilous with each step. A rousing page turner for MG and older. Must read if you read Fire Mage.
Shane Wilson
This is a great 2nd installment:

the characters are beleivable and flawed.

When the hard times come, the boy gives it all for his friends.

The girl loves the boy and he loves her back, niether as of yet admits this.

this is a series anyone can read and enjoy
Kelli
Great book in the series never quite going the way you think it will but always exciting and full of action packed adventure of four friends sticking together until the end with one lost but hopefully soon to be found and rescued from his dark master over lord.
Aleea J. Brewer
A Quest completed

A Quest completed

This is the second in a series of four. Interesting concepts of light and dark as well as life and death. A son's courageous love for his father, a daughter's refusal to accept the husband selected for her, a young man with knowledge of alchemy and our hero whose beliefs, love of family, home and hid Goddess make up the Questing youths. Lessons of history, worship and the vagaries of their Gods lead them along pathways which include betrayal, deception, bondage
Allison
loving it so far
was way good, just started the third one
Liam
SOO GOOOD!!!!
Jennifer Erwin
I love how Sun Mage picks up right where Fire Mage left off. The journey these kids are on just keeps getting better in my opinion. The story still flowed and I really enjoyed book 2. Anxiously looking forward to book 3 now. I want to know what happens next.
Justin
Must read

I just started this series a few days ago and am starting the third one now. It is full of action and adventure. I just purchased books three and four, and can't wait to read them.
Michael Pillarella
Lori
I enjoyed this second installment a little more than the 1st book. did the goddess give Talis the means for black and/or shadow magic? can he overcome the evil others see in the black crystal? just starting 3rd book.
Elizabeth
Amazing

Another amazing installment in this series. I can't wait to read the next one. A definite must read! Highly recommended.
Carolyn
Nov 13, 2014 Carolyn rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya
Ok, always looking for good YA to gift to my teen relatives - too much black magic in this series for my comfort
Arun Andhavarapu
Good pace in this next installment and some unexpected twists and turns...who is the enemy?
Chad Stewart
I thought this book was a little bit better than the first book, Fire Mage. It seemed as though the writer was trying hard to be descriptive using adjectives and adverbs, but not actually describing anything. I found myself having to re-read sentences just to figure out what was said through all of the adjectives. This book did have a better story to it though, and it actually had an event that was complete at the end of the book.
Donna Huber
This one was much darker. Felt there could have been a more detail about the world, especially who Aurellia is. See my full review at Girl Who Reads .
Jenny
Not as good as the first book. Story is convoluted with lots of strange parts that are dreams or visions. Not everything is tied together at the end.
Sean
Not bad but pretty short
Melanie
Review coming soon!
K.l.
K.l. added it
Jan 27, 2015
Rachel Tebo
Rachel Tebo marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Wendy Dwight
Wendy Dwight marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
  • The Six (The Gateway Chronicles #1)
  • Venom of the Serpent's Cunning (Andy Smithson, #2)
  • Ennara and the Fallen Druid (Ennara, #1)
  • Reader and Educator Guide to "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings"
  • The Last Enchanter
  • Tolkien's Ring
  • The Violet Fairy Book
  • Billy: Messenger of Powers (Billy Jones, #1)
  • A Storm in Tormay (The Complete Tormay Trilogy)
  • Empyreal Fate
  • Blood of the King (Khirro's Journey, #1)
  • The Silver Door (The Three Doors Trilogy #2)
  • Sentinel (Sentinel Trilogy, #1)
  • Fragile Destiny (The Aether Chronicles, #3)
  • Windswept (Moonlit, #2)
  • The Golden Cage (A Dance of Dragons, #0.5)
  • The Wand-Maker's Debate
  • Beyond the Iron Gate (A Lost Kingdom of Fallada Novella)
John Forrester is the author of Theft of Dragons and Lord of Dragons, of the Princes of Naverstrom epic fantasy series. He is also the author of Beautiful Revenge, and Fire Mage, Sun Mage, Shadow Mage, and Dragon Mage from the Blacklight Chronicles fantasy series. Today over 80,000 copies of his books have been sold worldwide. A few of his inspirations include the Harry Potter series, Catcher and ...more
More about John Forrester...

Blacklight Chronicles (5 books)
  • Fire Mage (Blacklight Chronicles, #1)
  • Shadow Mage (Blacklight Chronicles, #3)
  • Dragon Mage (Blacklight Chronicles, #4)
  • Star Mage (Blacklight Chronicles, #5)
Fire Mage (Blacklight Chronicles, #1) Shadow Mage (Blacklight Chronicles, #3) Dragon Mage (Blacklight Chronicles, #4) Star Mage (Blacklight Chronicles, #5) Vogel House