Start by marking “Logan Likes Mary Anne! (The Babysitters Club, #10)” as Want to Read:
Logan Likes Mary Anne! (The Babysitters Club, #10)

Logan Likes Mary Anne! (The Baby-Sitters Club #10)

3.67  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,390 Ratings  ·  84 Reviews
It used to be that Mary Anne had to wear her hair in braids and ask her dad before did anything. But not anymore. Mary Anne has been growing up...and the Baby-sitters Club members aren't the only ones who've noticed.

Logan Bruno likes Mary Anne! He has a dreamy southern accent, he's awfully cute - and he wants to join the Baby-sitters Club.

The Baby-sitters aren't sure Logan
Unknown Binding, 144 pages
Published June 15th 1990 by Scholastic Inc. (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Logan Likes Mary Anne!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Logan Likes Mary Anne!

Matilda by Roald DahlCharlotte's Web by E.B. WhiteFrom the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. KonigsburgJames and the Giant Peach by Roald DahlCharlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
90s Kids
52nd out of 156 books — 48 voters

More lists with this book...

Kara Rutledge
Oct 19, 2014 Kara Rutledge rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rereading my way through my childhood one book at a time. Don't judge.
Ciara
so glad we don't have a pike storyline in this one. instead, the main babysitting charge is poor jackie rodowsky, the BSC punching bag for the rest of the series. but first, the set-up:

it's the first round of eighth grade for the BSC. mary anne goes to school with a poster of cam geary & a stick of gum so she can put the poster up in her locker with buts of chewed gum. yeah, i tried that when i was kid. the gum eventually loses its sticking power...after like twenty minutes. this would never
Bunny
I bought a hell of a lot of BSC and Sweet Valley High books at the last library sale. Mostly for my niece, if she'll read them. But also for me.

Why, you may ask, would I re-read Babysitter's Club when I'm 28 years old and have hundreds of books waiting to be read?

Allow me to provide a quote:

"I thought we made a pretty good-looking group. Claudia was wearing short, tight-fitting black pants and a big white shirt that said BE-BOP all over it in between pictures of rock and roll dancers. She had f
Sonali
I just re-read this BSC book. It's been 18 years (omg!) and I still love it. I want Mary Anne's Eiffel tower skirt! I want to kitten named Tigger! I want a bff from California named Dawn! It is seriously awesome.
Kate
Sep 10, 2007 Kate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
oh babysitters club, heck yeah! i read every single one of these, dare I admit it? (And which one of us hasn't wanted to start our own babysitters club after reading about its awesomeness??)
Shira
Jan 22, 2016 Shira rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is another favorite of mine, so this one might also be really long. mary anne is already getting a little less shy and opening up to the prospect of boy-liking. when logan bruno, a kid who looks just like movie star cam geary, moves to town, mary anne is in LUV. even better, she discovers logan is into baby-sitting and may want to join the baby-sitters club. but can the baby-sitters hang with a boy when that limits their ability to talk about bra straps? and can mary anne get over her shy k ...more
Mari
Dec 31, 2011 Mari rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childhood-trauma
This was the first Baby-sitters Club I ever re-read. I did so with the express intent of making fun of it for Childhood Trauma, so you should take that into consideration as you read my review. Also, the fact that I'm 25 and not in fifth grade. Also, also, the fact that I once loved these books with the indiscriminate love of a fifth grader.

Onward.

Mary Anne Spier is the most boring member of the Baby-Sitters club and according to fellow Snark Squad-er Sweeney, the most boring character in the
Julie Decker
Mary Anne is a pretty conservative (and sheltered!) young lady, but what's going to happen when she gets her first serious interest from a boy? Logan is really cute and even shares her interest in babysitting, but will Mary Anne alienate her friends and hurt her female relationships by trying to bring a boy into it?

It's kind of nice that the shy girl is the first of the BSC to get a real boyfriend, and that babysitting is something Logan can enjoy with her even though childcare is often consider
Lisa
Oh Mary Anne. You are far too shy. How did Logan even know enough about you to like you? Fleeing your own birthday party was a bit over the top. Plus you made me sad because I want a kitten..
Rylee
Oct 15, 2012 Rylee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book but it was not one of my favorites!
Kristine (The Writer's Inkwell)
When I first read this book as a child, I absolutely adored Mary Anne and Logan as a couple. Even now, I haven't read the later books that made Logan out to be a jerk and for me they were the "it" couple in the world of The Baby-sitters Club.

My feelings for Mary Anne as a character has always flip flopped. Especially since I can't relate to her over the top shyness. I've met shy people before, but never have I met one as shy as Mary Anne is described.

However, the thing I liked about these books
Swankivy
Apr 22, 2013 Swankivy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Another one whose title turned me off immediately because as much as I thought the characters were cool I didn't really care if they liked boys because I couldn't relate to it. On top of that, I always thought Logan was a Ken doll every single time he was introduced, and he has a Kentucky accent instead of a personality, and so I guess it makes sense that even though Mary Anne is a total dork around him, he falls for her. Because that's what boys are FOR in books for silly girls.

I was actually k
Laura Hughes
Jul 11, 2014 Laura Hughes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: babysitters-club
Mary Anne has a sweet flirtation with Logan "the Boy Baby-sitter" Bruno.

Mary Anne forms an instant crush on the new boy, Logan Bruno, a Louisville transplant with a cute Kentucky accent and a startling resemblance to Mary Anne’s favorite actor, Cam Geary. Logan overhears the girls stressing about how busy they are and volunteers that he, too, is a babysitter. Mary Anne observes Logan on a test sitting job, and he’s good with new client Jackie Rodowsky, the walking disaster, but when he attends a
Nicole
Nov 24, 2015 Nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While packing my library, I came across a copy of this given to me by my childhood best friend as a wedding present. Naturally, I sat and read it. This was my absolute favorite series as a child, and I'm sure my mom has my falling apart copies still in her house somewhere. Anyways, the 4 stars is really just for the nostalgia aspect and remembering how much I loved it.
Valerie (He Said Books Or Me)
The BSC changed my life in the 5th and 6th grade. My friends and I would coordinate so that we could read all of the books. I remember writing to Ann M. Martin to get her autograph. I thought it was amazing that she actually responded to me! I remembered how cute and sweet this one was! I loved Logan and Mary Ann together.
Helen
Jan 29, 2016 Helen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: older-children
Reading in chronological order (with the exception of The Kids in Mrs Colman's Class series).

An extra star for nostalgia. Loved this series as a kid and re-reading it is giving me all the warm and fuzzies.
Nancy
Jan 08, 2016 Nancy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rereading
In which Logan likes Mary Anne, obviously, and we start eighth grade for the first time. Jackie is introduced, and these girls will crap all over him for the rest of the series. I didn't like Jackie all that much, but he's not as bad as they make him out to be. Being accident-prone is not a capital offense, girls.

Oh, right. Anyway, Logan is super mega ultra hunkycute, apparently. And for some reason, he decides he likes MA. He wants to join the club, but if that happened, we couldn't ever say "
Jam
Jul 13, 2014 Jam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, chik-lit
*Sigh* Logan.... I read the BSC because of Logan an Mary Anne. joking. haha oh my it's been years since i last read this. Nice read with a hint of romance.
jacky
I read about 20-25 of these books. I read them in fifth and sixth grade. I strongly remember wanting to read these because they seemed cool and my older sister read a few of them. I remember that our library had a little display of them and I also bought a lot of them through the book catalogs we got at school. I remember most strongly the set up of the books; each book started explaining the club and describing each of the members. I also strongly remember the covers.

I really liked the characte
Natalí
Jan 26, 2013 Natalí rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, oldie, bsc
I though I had already read this back in the 90s but no! The first book I read of the BSC was "Logan Vs Mary Anne" so this is quite the opposite book XD I used to like Mary Anne back then but in this book, I think she isn't much of a character. Her interactions with Logan where lame and its quite surprising he likes her if she is always mute when he is around. Also we must note that this book marks the moment where the girls enter a time loop in which they'll never get older than 13 XD But it wa ...more
Jenny
4 opinion
Jamie
Nov 03, 2014 Jamie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
The similarities between Mary Anne and myself in the book is a little scary.
Reading with Cats
I kind of wanted Logan and Stacey to call Mary Anne out for being an ungrateful psycho. It was not to be, though. Sad face.
April

Awesome books that girls will love! And the
Piper
Nov 11, 2015 Piper rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So attractive love Emma but got a long way ahead of me <3
Alaina
Nov 24, 2014 Alaina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-lit
Mary Anne is cringe worthy shy, but the addition of Logan was great.
Idea Smith
Nov 24, 2013 Idea Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-this-book
A delightful story that introduces two of the most interesting Baby-sitters Club side characters (Logan and Jackie Rodowsky). There are two parallel tracks in this book - one with the budding romance between Mary Anne and Logan (the first couple in the gang) and the other with the club deciding to consider a boy member for the first time. Both tracks are well explored and inter-twine nicely. Definitely must read for any Baby-sitters club fan.
eva
May 08, 2011 eva rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I pretty much read the entire babysitters club collection. I used to swap the books in an american bookstore that was in Venezuela.
it was great fun.
I don't really recall all the titles I read but this one is a for sure...because I wanted my very own Logan (since I identified myself with MaryAnn), and I was sooo sad when the broke-up a whole lot of books alter.
I remember also watching the movie but that sucked.
Michaela Branum
Apr 03, 2016 Michaela Branum rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
I thought this book was OK. Mary Anne is one of my favorites, but, I am not much into boys so I kinda didn't like this one. She always talking about Logan and how she feels about him. And when she went to the dance... I thought she never would!! (eyes popping out of their sockets) Mary Anne, she just.. I don't know one minute she's this and the other she's that! well.. that's pretty much all for this one....
E Reyes
Apr 30, 2012 E Reyes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading book #41, I thought book #10 will be different. I'm surprised that it's related to book #41, like 98% related. On book #41, Logan and Mary Anne broke up, and you'll find here in book # 10 the beginning of their story. It's like reminiscing everything. I thought something as sweet as what they had could last forever.

In book #10 (only in book #10) , I saw Logan as lovely and sweet.
  • The New Girl (Sweet Valley Twins, #6)

More about Ann M. Martin...

The Baby-Sitters Club (1 - 10 of 132 books)
  • Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1)
  • Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls (The Baby-sitters Club, #2)
  • The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #4)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three (The Baby-Sitters Club, #5)
  • Kristy's Big Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #6)
  • Claudia and Mean Janine (The Baby-Sitters Club, #7)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #8)
  • The Ghost at Dawn's House (The Baby-Sitters Club, #9)
  • Kristy and the Snobs (The Baby-Sitters Club, #11)