Start by marking “Logan Likes Mary Anne! (The Babysitters Club, #10)” as Want to Read:
Logan Likes Mary Anne! (The Babysitters Club, #10)

Logan Likes Mary Anne! (The Baby-Sitters Club #10)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  3,116 ratings  ·  75 reviews
Mary Anne's budding new relationship with adorable boy baby-sitter Logan is complicated when she recommends him to the other members of the Baby-sitters club for extraneous jobs.
Unknown Binding, 144 pages
Published June 15th 1990 by Scholastic Inc. (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Logan Likes Mary Anne!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Logan Likes Mary Anne!

Matilda by Roald DahlFrom the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. KonigsburgCharlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald DahlCharlotte's Web by E.B. WhiteScary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz
90s Kids
77th out of 155 books — 37 voters

More lists with this book...

Kara Rutledge
Rereading my way through my childhood one book at a time. Don't judge.
Ciara
so glad we don't have a pike storyline in this one. instead, the main babysitting charge is poor jackie rodowsky, the BSC punching bag for the rest of the series. but first, the set-up:

it's the first round of eighth grade for the BSC. mary anne goes to school with a poster of cam geary & a stick of gum so she can put the poster up in her locker with buts of chewed gum. yeah, i tried that when i was kid. the gum eventually loses its sticking power...after like twenty minutes. this would never
Mari
This was the first Baby-sitters Club I ever re-read. I did so with the express intent of making fun of it for Childhood Trauma, so you should take that into consideration as you read my review. Also, the fact that I'm 25 and not in fifth grade. Also, also, the fact that I once loved these books with the indiscriminate love of a fifth grader.

Onward.

Mary Anne Spier is the most boring member of the Baby-Sitters club and according to fellow Snark Squad-er Sweeney, the most boring character in the
Sonali
I just re-read this BSC book. It's been 18 years (omg!) and I still love it. I want Mary Anne's Eiffel tower skirt! I want to kitten named Tigger! I want a bff from California named Dawn! It is seriously awesome.
Kate
oh babysitters club, heck yeah! i read every single one of these, dare I admit it? (And which one of us hasn't wanted to start our own babysitters club after reading about its awesomeness??)
Bunny
I bought a hell of a lot of BSC and Sweet Valley High books at the last library sale. Mostly for my niece, if she'll read them. But also for me.

Why, you may ask, would I re-read Babysitter's Club when I'm 28 years old and have hundreds of books waiting to be read?

Allow me to provide a quote:

"I thought we made a pretty good-looking group. Claudia was wearing short, tight-fitting black pants and a big white shirt that said BE-BOP all over it in between pictures of rock and roll dancers. She had f
Lisa
Oh Mary Anne. You are far too shy. How did Logan even know enough about you to like you? Fleeing your own birthday party was a bit over the top. Plus you made me sad because I want a kitten..
Julie Decker
Mary Anne is a pretty conservative (and sheltered!) young lady, but what's going to happen when she gets her first serious interest from a boy? Logan is really cute and even shares her interest in babysitting, but will Mary Anne alienate her friends and hurt her female relationships by trying to bring a boy into it?

It's kind of nice that the shy girl is the first of the BSC to get a real boyfriend, and that babysitting is something Logan can enjoy with her even though childcare is often consider
Rylee
I liked this book but it was not one of my favorites!
Swankivy
Another one whose title turned me off immediately because as much as I thought the characters were cool I didn't really care if they liked boys because I couldn't relate to it. On top of that, I always thought Logan was a Ken doll every single time he was introduced, and he has a Kentucky accent instead of a personality, and so I guess it makes sense that even though Mary Anne is a total dork around him, he falls for her. Because that's what boys are FOR in books for silly girls.

I was actually k
Laura Hughes
Mary Anne has a sweet flirtation with Logan "the Boy Baby-sitter" Bruno.

Mary Anne forms an instant crush on the new boy, Logan Bruno, a Louisville transplant with a cute Kentucky accent and a startling resemblance to Mary Anne’s favorite actor, Cam Geary. Logan overhears the girls stressing about how busy they are and volunteers that he, too, is a babysitter. Mary Anne observes Logan on a test sitting job, and he’s good with new client Jackie Rodowsky, the walking disaster, but when he attends a
Jam
*Sigh* Logan.... I read the BSC because of Logan an Mary Anne. joking. haha oh my it's been years since i last read this. Nice read with a hint of romance.
jacky
I read about 20-25 of these books. I read them in fifth and sixth grade. I strongly remember wanting to read these because they seemed cool and my older sister read a few of them. I remember that our library had a little display of them and I also bought a lot of them through the book catalogs we got at school. I remember most strongly the set up of the books; each book started explaining the club and describing each of the members. I also strongly remember the covers.

I really liked the characte
Natalí
I though I had already read this back in the 90s but no! The first book I read of the BSC was "Logan Vs Mary Anne" so this is quite the opposite book XD I used to like Mary Anne back then but in this book, I think she isn't much of a character. Her interactions with Logan where lame and its quite surprising he likes her if she is always mute when he is around. Also we must note that this book marks the moment where the girls enter a time loop in which they'll never get older than 13 XD But it wa ...more
Jenny
22/25
5 original
4 good topic
5 fast read
4 plot
4 opinion
Jamie
The similarities between Mary Anne and myself in the book is a little scary.
Reading with Cats
I kind of wanted Logan and Stacey to call Mary Anne out for being an ungrateful psycho. It was not to be, though. Sad face.
April

Awesome books that girls will love! And the
Alaina
Mary Anne is cringe worthy shy, but the addition of Logan was great.
Idea Smith
A delightful story that introduces two of the most interesting Baby-sitters Club side characters (Logan and Jackie Rodowsky). There are two parallel tracks in this book - one with the budding romance between Mary Anne and Logan (the first couple in the gang) and the other with the club deciding to consider a boy member for the first time. Both tracks are well explored and inter-twine nicely. Definitely must read for any Baby-sitters club fan.
eva
I pretty much read the entire babysitters club collection. I used to swap the books in an american bookstore that was in Venezuela.
it was great fun.
I don't really recall all the titles I read but this one is a for sure...because I wanted my very own Logan (since I identified myself with MaryAnn), and I was sooo sad when the broke-up a whole lot of books alter.
I remember also watching the movie but that sucked.
E Reyes
After reading book #41, I thought book #10 will be different. I'm surprised that it's related to book #41, like 98% related. On book #41, Logan and Mary Anne broke up, and you'll find here in book # 10 the beginning of their story. It's like reminiscing everything. I thought something as sweet as what they had could last forever.

In book #10 (only in book #10) , I saw Logan as lovely and sweet.
Ruby Rose Scarlett
Very cute. I really liked Mary Anne and I know what Logan sees in her - she really is genuinely interested in people. Logan was also a good addition to the group. My favourite part is still the baby sitting tips for some reason. It's fun to imagine what the girl would grow into much later, I can see Kristy being a sensational businesswoman for example.
Kristine Pratt
Wow, I did this. 21st birthday a party the weekend before that turned out to be a surprise. Wish I'd read this before that because I pulled a total Mary Anne on the thing.

Good book. I like to see how she's growing up. There is some real nice long range character development on these books. And they're just fun to read.
Sally
It struck me as so logical when reading this one that by about book 20, they'd be in year 9 - since book 1 began year 7 and now book 10 was seeing them into year 8. HAH! Boy was I wrong. Anyway, I did enjoy this - the Logan being a good baby-sitter parts, not the romance parts.
Caroline
This book defined romance for me as a tween. I just wanted to find the Logan to my Mary Anne.
Erin
Ohhhh I am so addicted to this series
Monaliza Marcelo
well, mary anne was the shiest member of the club and i havent thought she would like this new boy in their school..

this book is really KEWL..!! and i recommend for all to read this.. this is awesome
I don't know why Logan liked Mary Ann, she was so bland. Nonetheless, I thoroughly read this book hoping to gleam some wisdom from the pages in hopes of scoring a boyfriend for myself. Didn't work.
Lacy
HAHAH still remember this book like I read it last night. Huge fan of these books when I was young. I always like Mary Anne, Stacey, Dawn and Claudia. I hated Kristy and the "alternate" sitters. Duz.
  • Three's a Crowd (Sweet Valley Twins, #7)

More about Ann M. Martin...

The Baby-Sitters Club (1 - 10 of 133 books)
  • The Summer Before (The Baby-Sitters Club, #0.5)
  • Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1)
  • Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls (The Baby-sitters Club, #2)
  • The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #4)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three (The Baby-Sitters Club, #5)
  • Kristy's Big Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #6)
  • Claudia and Mean Janine (The Baby-Sitters Club, #7)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #8)
  • The Ghost at Dawn's House (The Baby-Sitters Club, #9)
Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1) A Corner of the Universe A Dog's Life: The Autobiography of a Stray The Doll People (Doll People, #1) The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)