Start by marking “Bedtime Sucks: What to Do When You and Your Baby Are Cranky, Sleep-Deprived, and Miserable” as Want to Read:

Do you suffer from sleep deprivation because . . . Your baby only dozes off in your arms-rendering you unable to move? Your toddler refuses to nap and only goes to bed after five bedtime stories, three glasses of water, and the binkie that can never ever be washed? One expert tells you to let them scream themselves to sleep, while another says the family bed is ...more
Published November 1st 2007 by Adams Media Corporation

To ask other readers questions about Bedtime Sucks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bedtime Sucks

CuriousSusan D
Aug 21, 2011 CuriousSusan D rated it really liked it
So I picked this book up at my local bookstore when I was still in my first trimester of pregnancy. It was a good, light, entertaining read that was filled with funny quips, different methods and bedtime trouble solutions.

Now that my lil guy is 4 months old, I'm actually using some of the things I read in the book. It was such a cute read that I actually plan on reading it again... after I get it back from a girlfriend that I loaned it to.

"Bedtime Sucks" was such an enjoyable read that I just
Summer
Mar 02, 2014 Summer rated it really liked it
Shelves: parenting
I thought this book was hysterical. The writers keep it fresh and funny. Granted if you have had more than one child you know all of this. I was hoping for some help with getting my 3 year old to sleep through the night and there really wasn't any help. However for a first time parent this is a great read.
Emily
Jul 26, 2011 Emily rated it did not like it
This book should be called, Bedtime Sucks and there's nothing you can do about it! While humorous at times, this book is more of a commentary on how it can be hard to get kids to go to bed, and really offers no practical suggestions for how to get them to do so.
Kirsten
Mar 06, 2008 Kirsten rated it it was amazing
This was the book that made me realize I had to CIO. Very funny. But could have been the fact that I was going on an hour's sleep a night.
Caitlin
Oct 01, 2010 Caitlin rated it did not like it
disliked! a lot of the information provided contradicts what more trusted sources suggest. at least i only paid $1.99 for it...
Lawson
Lawson rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2010
Cassandra
Cassandra rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2016
Angelia
Angelia rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2015
Shari
Shari rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2011
Steve
Steve rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2016
Haley
Haley rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2014
Candence Hayes
Candence Hayes rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2014
Ashley
Ashley rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2016
Carleigh
Carleigh rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2016
Aubrey Denton
Aubrey Denton rated it it was ok
Jun 16, 2016
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2010
Courtney Schrader
Courtney Schrader rated it liked it
May 23, 2011
Renee
Renee rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2009
Dingus
Dingus added it
Sep 29, 2010
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2012
Stacy
Stacy is currently reading it
Dec 17, 2012
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2013
Nikki Preble
Nikki Preble marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2013
Sandy Brost
Sandy Brost marked it as to-read
May 28, 2013
English Club
English Club marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2013
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
I used to write for TV but when I became pregnant, I didn't want to work the long hours anymore. Besides, once I realized that pregnancy sucks, it gave me the perfect fodder for my first book entitled, "Pregnancy Sucks: What to do When Your Miracle Makes you Miserable". That led to ten other books in the Sucks series, plus my new book, "The Stay-at-Home Martyr".
More about Joanne Kimes...