Start by marking “Grammar Sucks: What to Do to Make Your Writing Much More Better” as Want to Read:
Grammar Sucks: What to Do to Make Your Writing Much More Better

Grammar Sucks: What to Do to Make Your Writing Much More Better

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  8 reviews
In this age of instant messaging and informal emails, grammar seems to be the first casualty. Talk of parts of speech, prepositional phrases, subject-verb agreement, split infinitives, and proper punctuation makes people nervous; even adroit CEOs quake when they hear the words "dangling modifier." Now Joanne Kimes, the author of Pregnancy Sucks for Men, is back with a plea ...more
Published April 30th 2007 by Adams Media Corporation (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Grammar Sucks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grammar Sucks

Smokinhotbooks K.C.
*hides face* Yes.....I'm brushing up on my grammar *peeks through fingers*

I like this one, the author compares grammar to body piercing and the fact that she mentions Jackie Collins makes me glad I picked this one instead of "English Grammar for Dummies"
Joy Sterrantino
I love grammar books. This one is funny and disarming and faces what most people feel about grammar head-on (while still helping them correct it).
Missy Baroff
I was surprised that I rather enjoyed reading this book. It is not easy to make grammar, a rather dry subject, humerous, but Ms. Kimes managed it and managed it well. Yes, some of the humor was a little hokey, but it did make it more fun to read.
Bradley
May 03, 2014 Bradley is currently reading it
Excellent
Danielle
Even though I love learning about grammar and have a genuine interest in it, a lot of grammar books are (obviously) not very fun to read. This book is actually a joy to read. It's funny, straight forward, and simple.

Most other grammar books have a really serious tone to them, but this one was much more approachable and fun. I liked it a lot!
Sue
Feb 20, 2008 Sue rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: english/language arts teachers
As a literacy teacher who struggles with the obtuse jargon found in grammar textbooks, I highly recommend this user-friendly guide. It's humorous taboot.
Todd Mitchell
I wanted this one around for reference but it's just barely readable with the weird jokes and the "we hate English but here's the book anyway" perspective.
Ahmed Gamal
it's funny and easy but the best thing about this book is that it hits the spot. it express how I feel about grammar :D
Kristy
Kristy marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Magnus Øren
Magnus Øren marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Susan Child
Susan Child marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Audrey Kwan
Audrey Kwan marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Hanna
Hanna marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Jeana
Jeana marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Alicja Lilianna W
Alicja Lilianna W marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Bryan Blanchot
Bryan Blanchot marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Turangga S
Turangga S marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2014
Shannon Jenkins
Shannon Jenkins marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2014
English Club
English Club marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2013
Rishabh Kaushik
Rishabh Kaushik marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
Pascale Schreiner
Pascale Schreiner marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2013
Malik Newton
Malik Newton marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
I used to write for TV but when I became pregnant, I didn't want to work the long hours anymore. Besides, once I realized that pregnancy sucks, it gave me the perfect fodder for my first book entitled, "Pregnancy Sucks: What to do When Your Miracle Makes you Miserable". That led to ten other books in the Sucks series, plus my new book, "The Stay-at-Home Martyr".
More about Joanne Kimes...
Pregnancy Sucks: What to Do When Your Miracle Makes You Miserable Pregnancy Sucks for Men: What to Do When Your Miracle Makes You BOTH Miserable Breastfeeding Sucks: What to Do When Your Mammaries Make You Miserable Planning Your Wedding Sucks: What to Do When Place Cards, Plus Ones, and Paying Two Grand for a Cake Make You Miserable Menopause Sucks: What to Do When Hot Flashes and Hormones Make You and Everyone Else Miserable