Start by marking “Deadly Errors” as Want to Read:
Deadly Errors

Deadly Errors

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  86 ratings  ·  15 reviews

Brain surgeon Allen Wyler has written a thriller on the bleeding edge of new-millennium hospital technology.

When a brain surgeon discovers that a revolutionary computerized medical-records system is responsible for a series of patient deaths---and threatens many more---he must navigate a treacherous maze of conspiracy. And risk his life to expose it.

* A comatose man is giv
Published August 1st 2005 by Forge Books

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Errors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Errors

Terric853
Neurosurgeon Tyler Matthews discovers something is wrong with his hospital's state-of-the-art medical records software. But, when he brings it to the attention of hospital administrators, they tell him that it's human error and that the software is infalliable. Tyler then conducts his own inverstigation, trying to get proof, and ends up running for his life. I enjoyed this book, with its plot twists and turns, but, I was a tad frustrated by Tyler's refusal to trust the FBI agent who could possib ...more
Jessica Bronder
Tyler Mathews is a doctor that loses his license to practice medicine in the state of California because of prescription drug use. He also loses his wife and his marriage. He is just now picking up the pieces and working at a hospital in Washington. His ex-wife has contacted him about possibly getting back together and things are looking up at work.

Then an emergency room patient dies from an overdose of insulin, Tyler has a patent that comes in and gets an overdose and dies a horribly, and othe
Donna McBroom-Theriot
As in Allen Wyler's book, Dead Ringer, DEADLY ERRORS, will captivate you from page one. Allen Wyler's books make me want to read with one eye open - that is how realistic his stories are. He picks the reader up and drops them right smack in the middle of each situation as you race against time to figure our the plot. If nothing else, DEADLY ERRORS will make you cringe upon having to enter a hospital for even the most minor of procedures!

The book makes you realize that the computer age may not b
Marie
In Deadly Errors, a series of deaths are linked to the new computerized record system at Maynard Medical Center. Dr. Tyler Matthews is the first to suspect that something is wrong, but he can't convince others that the system, currently in a beta test at the hospital, is responsible. His job, his marriage, his reputation, and his life all come under fire when he challenges the hospital and the corporation who see him as a threat to their multimillion dollar profits.

I enjoyed this book. It conta
Patricia
Very exciting medical thriller.

A frantic call to 911, your friend or family member is rushed to the hospital, so you begin to feel relieved. At least your loved one will be in safe hands. But that is not necessarily so if the hospital is Maynard Medical Center in Seattle. Maynard is trying out a new program called Med-InDx electronic medical records.

When Dr. Tyler Mathews has a patient die he is sure that the computer program has a bug but no one wants to believe him. Dr. Mathews has one strike
Kristen
In Allen Wyler's Deadly Errors, one of his finest medical thrillers, he would enthrall and thrill you for sure. For Dr. Tyler Matthews, a brain surgeon, who worked at Seattle's Maynard Medical Hospital, he discovered a computerized glitch in the electronic medical records system. With his own investigation into a couple of patients death, he would risk his life to follow the trail on who was behind it. While the doctors and the nurses started to correct the drug and treatment errors, he believed ...more
Debi
This was my final selection for the Medical Mystery Madness challenge and another great read by Allen Wyler. A Seattle hospital has switched to using an electronic system for patients' medical records. This system is supposed to help eliminate human error and less mistakes in patient care. But Tyler Mathews, a neurosurgeon discovers that something is not quite right with the system when one of his patients' records shows an inaccurate dose. Soon he's learning about a patient who received the wro ...more
Susan
I'm generally not a fan of medical mystery/thrillers but I gave this one a go because it's a first novel by a Seattle brain surgeon set in Seattle. I'm sure glad I did. Dr. Tyler Matthews is trying to put his life back in order after a job set back and a separation from his wife. But now things are piling up again. The computer program at the new hospital is either showing him errors that no one else is seeing or he's just flat going nuts. He was falsely accused of drug use before and now, once ...more
Vincenza Wall
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Lisa Stethem
Not badly written and medical people might enjoy it more than I did but I found it exhausting.
Dee Toomey
If you can get past the first few chapters, which a chock full of technical medical terms that most readers would say...HUH?... then this book is a good read! The second half of the book gets very suspensful. If you start to read this one and think after the first few chapters...I can't get into this...hang in there. You will get into it. Just be patient.
Angela
Love the story. But, I give it 3 stars instead of 4 stars because after you read certain pages, it become predictable how the story will end. Anyway, I still feel that this is great book. Cannot wait to read another book from Mr. Wyler.
Rob
This is a fast paced novel that engages the reader from the first page and carries through, well written and carefully plotted with believable dialogue and characters drawn with a fine pen.
Vicki Hinze
Strong language warning. Very good story, strong thriller. Not overly graphic, IMHO, and good characters. More than enjoyable. Very good book.
Zannate
intense volume but could use more suspense
Janet Smith
Janet Smith marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Joey Chesser
Joey Chesser marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014