Start by marking “Nothing to Wear?: A Five-Step Cure for the Common Closet” as Want to Read:
Nothing to Wear?: A Five-Step Cure for the Common Closet

Nothing to Wear?: A Five-Step Cure for the Common Closet

3.16  ·  Rating Details  ·  101 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
At last, from the founders of Visual Therapy*, comes a revolutionary solution to the age-old quandary of too many clothes but nothing to wear. 8-page full-color insert.
Published March 2nd 2006 by Hudson Street Press

To ask other readers questions about Nothing to Wear?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nothing to Wear?

Michelle
May 29, 2009 Michelle rated it liked it
I liked the way the authors encourage you to pare down to the basics of your closet and work out from there. I felt the overall appeal of the book is geared more toward the 20-35+ year old window, which is why I (as a mature 50+ woman) would take this book along with Christopher Hopkins for a full closet/wardrobe overhaul. Hopkins is more specific for the older woman's needs and challenges. They both contribute good insights ("feel-good talk" notwithstanding) and genuinely helpful advice for the ...more
Rochelle
Do I have a style? Can I get one?

An informative, mildly entertaining book. I wish there were more pictures - it seems lacking in visual representation, even though that is precisely what they are preaching about - the effect of our appearance! A good library borrow.
Grace
Nov 19, 2008 Grace rated it liked it
The whole finding your style archetype and sticking to it didn't really work for me and several of the people who panned the book on Amazon. But several things they wrote actually resonated with me.

Most women think they are one to two sizes larger than their "ideal" size. They will make do with the clothes they have now and go shopping again when they are their ideal size. We shouldn't wait years--or a whole lifetime. We should always have clothes that fit and are appropriate for the life we liv
Sarah Stevens
Feb 27, 2010 Sarah Stevens rated it liked it
I picked this book up at random at my local library. The title completely caught my eye. It is a quick read (although not so quick if you complete the steps as you go along). It had some useful tips that I found helpful in being more ruthless in weeding out my closet and focusing in on my personal style. And apparently I'm a Classic/Bohemian, although I'd like to move in the Chic direction (see quiz from book).

My main issue with the book, though, is that it didn't differentiate between 'need to
Norma
Mar 31, 2009 Norma rated it liked it
Recommends it for: self-proclaimed black belts in shopping
Who knew there was a method to the madness? I often find myself at a store buying whatever my emotions desire at that moment. This book - although expensive and very light reading with some obvious gaps in content - taught me to approach shopping with discipline. This hobby I call shopping can take over my spare time, my spare money, money I don't yet have and still I am left feeling like I have nothing to wear. With the 'visual therapy' from this book I have cleaned my closet; literally kicked ...more
Michelle
Apr 29, 2013 Michelle rated it it was ok
Shelves: fashion
Probably a magazine article more than a book was needed here: you fall into one (or two)of five fashion categories with one of four lifestyle choices (as you can imagine, I didn't feel like I fit - there is no sporty/modern category, and I'm somewhere between "vacation in Biarritz" "needs another powersuit" and "stay at home mom" in lifestyle choice... probably nowhere near any of those choices, actually.

Throw out things that don't fit your body or your lifestyle. You don't need a ton of clothes
Sep 21, 2015 Sarah rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015
Thoroughly underwhelmed.
MissJessie
A very helpful approach to determining how to edit your closet and your image of yourself.

I found the advise to be sound, easy to follow, not "cutesy" or too trendy.

Not all the illustrations, of course, fit every person. But there is something in this book for everyone.

A good, solid bit of advice on how to establish a core wardrobe that fits your lifestyle, whatever it may be.

Hava
Jun 20, 2008 Hava rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: The Clothing Challenged (like me!)
Nothing to Wear? A 5-Step Cure for the Common Closet by Jesse Garza and Joe Lupo was an interesting book to me. I tend to wear the same color over and over again: Black. It’s not because I’m obsessed with the color, but more because...

Click here to continue
Colette
Aug 13, 2013 Colette rated it really liked it
A good book to get me excited to revamp my wardrobe. The steps seem straight-forward enough. I read through it, but haven't started following the process yet. This was greatly skewed toward working women, and didn't really say much about a casual wardrobe. Nevertheless, I want to take the things I learned and apply them.
Patricia
Jun 12, 2008 Patricia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The information is quite useful although it requires a lot of leg work. They recommend you purchase a polaroid camera and to photograph different looks for various aspects of your life. It seems like a lot of work at first but this makes picking a look much more easier.
Meredith
Jun 07, 2011 Meredith rated it it was ok
Shelves: personal-style
If you have never read another book on style, shopping or wardrobe planning, then this has some helpful suggestions. But why waste your time when there are so many other bigger and better books out there.
Joy
Aug 11, 2008 Joy rated it really liked it
This book is awesome! I thought these guys had really insightful ideas on how to revamp your wardrobe, and they have given me more confidence in my ability to style someone myself.
Amy
Oct 18, 2008 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very helpful and practical approach to cleaning out the closet and building a wardrobe that suits your real life! Beautiful fashion illustrations a bonus.
Joan
Jul 21, 2008 Joan rated it liked it
Clean out your closet! I actually use some of the ideas in this book, but obviously, I need to take it step further.
Amy
Oct 19, 2013 Amy rated it liked it
Just a fun way to look at your closet and your clothes to de-clutter and define your style.
Genevieve
This is one of those fix your wardrobe books. Made me want to go out and shop until I dropped. :)
Mckinley
May 19, 2011 Mckinley rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction, fashion
Outline of how to find your style and build a wardrobe for it. Not any particularly new ideas.
Kyla Squires
Jan 12, 2013 Kyla Squires rated it liked it
Useful. Probably the best presented of this type of book.
Anki
Sep 16, 2009 Anki marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: style
Bookmooch
Amber
Amber rated it it was ok
Apr 06, 2016
Emilie
Emilie marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
Cerry
Cerry marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
Flik Foster
Flik Foster rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2016
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2016
Celia
Celia marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Shannon
Shannon rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2016