Start by marking “Frost: Poems” as Want to Read:
Frost: Poems
Preview

Frost: Poems (Everyman's Library Pocket Poets)

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  403 ratings  ·  20 reviews
From one of the most brilliant and widely read of all American poets, a generous selection of lyrics, dramatic monologues, and narrative poems--all of them steeped in the wayward and isolated beauty of Frost's native New England. Includes his classics "Mending Wall, " "Birches, " and "The Road Not Taken, " as well as poems less famous but equally great.

POEMS INCLUDED:
Forew
Published June 24th 1997 by Everyman's Library (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Frost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frost

Greg
I don't read a lot of poetry, but I do have some favorites, and Frost is one of them. I find that his poems often speak to my heart, and resonate with something inside me, sometimes in ways I don't fully understand until much later. It is only on reflection, for example, that his "Good-by and Keep Cold" seems to me to bring some deeper insight into raising children and the need to allow them space to grow from adversity, and trust that God will bring them through.

"Into My Own" reflects what I h
dipandjelly
'Was there even a cause too lost,
Ever a cause that was lost too long,
Or that showed with the lapse of time to vain
For the generous tears of youth and song?'

frost, frost, frost.
nothing more profound than the simplicity of his words.
how do you manage to band together such emotional turmoil from just stringing together 26 alphabets and barely any punctuation?
Kayla
I love the beautiful scenery that is the core of Frosts poetry. He writes with elegance that I admire.
Jess
I'm not quite sure what exactly it is about Robert Frost, but his poetry just resonates completely through to my soul, as corny as that may sound. Maybe it's that he writes quite a bit about rural folk or maybe it's that he writes so beautifully and profoundly about the natural world. His writing is pure and simple beauty. I also love his conversational works like "Home Burial," "The Death of a Hired Man," and "The Generations of Men."

I just enjoy his poetry so incredibly much. It's perfect for
Cassandra
It's a little unconventional, but my favorite Frost poem has to be wind and window flower.

When I think of the man, I recite:

She a window flower,
And he a winter breeze.

Even though many other poems are immensely popular, hell, I have fire and ice memorize ten million times better than wind and window flower, but when I read wind and window flower, there is such a helpless sad feeling, like grasping love when you can before it's gone.

Morning found the breeze
A hundred miles away

There is just such a
Lexy Henry
I have been reading poetry books for a couple years now,and I have heard only a few from Frost. After reading this, I want to read more books like this, I especially liked his poem 'December'.
Jared Della Rocca
I preface this by saying---I'm not that into poetry. So Frost takes a knock purely because of his chosen style. BUT as far as poetry goes, Frost is pretty damn good at what he does. You don't need a shovel to dig into the meaning of the poems (I'm looking at you, Rimbaud), but he also doesn't just leave it at the surface, so you sometimes have to bring some mental power to it. The poems are easy-to-read and pleasant, and Frost just seems like someone who keeps it real. Oh, and I drive past his o ...more
Danielle
I went through a phase after my senior year of college when I was living on my own, all of my friends had left town for . . . well ever, and I had alot of time by myself when I got out of work each day. I found this book and the Emily Dickinson versions in a box and started reading. Poetry really seems to be especially meaningful to me when I'm alone and lonely (which isn't unusual since that seems to also be the prime condition to be in when writing poetry). Needless to say, and excellent colle ...more
Kira Budge
*Read various poems for school 9th, 10th, 12th grade, and sophomore year college and will read junior year college*
Russell
I liked several of the poems in this book, but certainly not all of them. In fact, by the time I got to the end, I was pretty much ready to be done reading Frost for a while. Still, the ones that I did like, I thought about eventually committing them to memory. And now, being the slacker that I am, I don't even remember their titles. Which means I should probably buy the book anyway.
Taft Babbitt
John Adams once said, 'You are never alone with a poet in your pocket' I completely agree and Frost is one of my favorites. I take this little gem with me when I travel or go hiking or camping and love to read myself a little poem now and again throughout the day and when your in nature, Frost is just perfect.
Scott Johnson
I'm a poetry tyro so reading this was a learning experience. The more I read, the more I appreciated it. Much food for thought in these verses; puts one in a contemplative mood.
Will Burns
I was initially attracted by "The Road Not Taken" but the number of great poems took me by surprise. The quality and sounds of the words were fantastic. A great collection.
Karen Anna Vogel
I keep this little book on the coffee table. When I'm cooped up inside on a snowy day, I read his many nature poems and feel like I'm outside. Just so relaxing.
Amanda
Sep 02, 2008 Amanda rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Amanda by: Dad
I read this in spurts, but my favorite poem is Flower Gathering (which I keep rereading).
Lily
My favorite book of poems...partially because it fits in my pocket.
Amy
Mar 12, 2008 Amy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: poetry
My husband gave this to me as a gift. Beautiful language, imagines.
Bill
It's Robert Frost. What more needs to be said?
Adam Talbott
A nice collection; beautiful binding.
Michael
simple but profound.
Oisin
Oisin marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
  LunaBel
LunaBel marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Isabel
Isabel is currently reading it
Apr 21, 2015
Lina
Lina marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Braden Z
Braden Z marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Luis
Luis marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Nicholle
Nicholle marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Renee Grindstaff
Renee Grindstaff is currently reading it
Apr 13, 2015
  • Auden: Poems
  • Dickinson: Poems
  • Tennyson: Poems (Everyman's Library Pocket Poets)
  • Poe: Poems (Everyman's Library Pocket Poets)
  • Whitman: Poems (Pocket Poets)
  • Keats: Poems
  • Poems of the Sea
  • Shelley: Poems
  • Wordsworth: Poems
  • Poems of William Blake
  • Love Poems
  • Anna Akhmatova (Everyman's Library Pocket Poets)
  • Rimbaud: Poems (Pocket Poets)
  • Rilke: Poems (Pocket Poets)
  • Hopkins: Poems (Everyman's Library Pocket Poets)
  • Animal Poems
  • The Complete Poems and Plays
  • Beat Poets
Flinty, moody, plainspoken and deep, Robert Frost was one of America's most popular 20th-century poets. Frost was farming in Derry, New Hampshire when, at the age of 38, he sold the farm, uprooted his family and moved to England, where he devoted himself to his poetry. His first two books of verse, A Boy's Will (1913) and North of Boston (1914), were immediate successes. In 1915 he returned to the ...more
More about Robert Frost...

Everyman's Library Pocket Poets (1 - 10 of 85 books)
  • Animal Poems
  • Art and Artists: Poems
  • Auden: Poems
  • Baudelaire: Poems
  • Beat Poets
  • Blues Poems
  • The Complete Poems
  • Browning: Poems
  • Burns: Poems (Everyman's Library Pocket Poets)
  • Byron: Poems
The Poetry of Robert Frost (Collected Poems, Complete & Unabridged) The Road Not Taken and Other Poems Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening Collected Poems, Prose, and Plays Selected Poems