Start by marking “Battle Royale, Vol. 06 (Battle Royale, #6)” as Want to Read:
Battle Royale, Vol. 06 (Battle Royale, #6)

Battle Royale, Vol. 06 (Battle Royale #6)

4.19  ·  Rating Details ·  1,132 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
In the future, random Jr. High School classes are chosen to compete in a game called Battle Royale. The rules: only one student can survive after 3 days on an island or else they all perish. Weapons are handed out and each student is sent out into the field alone and unprepared for the horror that awaits them. The classmates turn upon themselves in a battle for survival, t ...more
Published March 2nd 2004 by TokyoPop (first published April 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Battle Royale, Vol. 06, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Battle Royale, Vol. 06

Emily May
Feb 12, 2011 Emily May rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This volume of the awesome and terrible series focused on some of my favourite characters. The delightful Shinji Mimura, who struggled to accept love and put up an act of bravado to cover it; Shogo Kawada, the seemingly tough warrior with a heart of gold; and Kiriyama, the guy you can't say you like without sounding like a sociopath too but who is oddly intriguing - you feel the need to discover what it is that has made him such a cold, calculating killer.

Kiriyama is an important character in m
Sergio Bonilla Garcia
Apr 26, 2016 Sergio Bonilla Garcia rated it really liked it
El quinto volumen acababa en tensión, con un plano que nos mostraba un anónimo espía acechando el refugio del trío protagonista. Hay que reconocer que los autores juegan con habilidad en los cierres de cada tomo, dejando ganas de continuidad para resolver una situación que queda en el aire. Así pues, este tomo se abre con ese anónimo personaje, confundible con Kiriyama (!!) pero que no resulta ser otro más que el leal Hiroki Sugimura, que poco a poco va siendo desarrollado en los sucesivos libro ...more
Aurora Dimitre
Feb 18, 2015 Aurora Dimitre rated it it was amazing
Shelves: february-2015
~4.5 Stars~

The one complaint I have with this book is that there was barely any Shinji and Yutaka - they did get a chapter to themselves at the end, and I did really really love the fact that Sugimura took up most of this book, because I'm like in love with that boy because he is just perfect and I love him, and the flashbacks, and it was just awesome, but still. Not until the end! But I still really enjoyed it.

Seeing (view spoiler)
Taruia
Sep 10, 2014 Taruia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Well then, That happened fast. After taking care of Noriko, Kawada gets a bee in his bonnet and decides to take on Kazuo. I have yet to understand why the characters are all very shouty, and not entirely believable. The internal monologue for most are very childish which is becoming a little annoying. However the story is trundling along at a cracking pace with little sign of letting up, which is good.
Indah Threez Lestari
Apr 02, 2011 Indah Threez Lestari rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, in-english
Baca ulang.

Kazuo Kiriyama menyerang kelompok Shuuya. Hm... rasanya kok Kazuo si psikopat ini jauh lebih keren dibandingkan boga lakonnya ;P

Di saat kritis si jago kungfu Sugimura datang membantu. Tapi tetap saja untuk menghindari Uzi-nya Kazuo Sugimura harus membawa Shuuya lompat dari tebing ke laut. Tentu saja keduanya selamat... ya iyalah, ini kan baru jilid 6, masih jauh dari jilid pamungkas.

Sementara itu, Shinji Mimura sibuk mempersiapkan bom untuk menyerang gedung sekolah tempat panitia bers
Miss Ryoko
Jun 06, 2015 Miss Ryoko rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I feel like I waited so long for this volume to come in the mail!!

After a nearly 2 week long wait, I finally get to dive back into Battle Royale and it was as exciting and gripping as usual. I can't wait to see how everything turns out! I just want to keep reading!!!
Tays
Jul 26, 2015 Tays rated it liked it
Seriously Yutaka, get your shit together man.
Cristhian
Dec 05, 2015 Cristhian rated it really liked it
Finally, some action.
Abel
May 28, 2015 Abel rated it liked it
Algo de ecchi y más sangre
Lyra
Jul 09, 2014 Lyra rated it really liked it
Reread.
Tracy Klein
Nov 29, 2015 Tracy Klein rated it it was amazing
Five stars for Sugimura alone.
Lee
Mar 24, 2012 Lee rated it really liked it
There are some great action sequences but sometimes the sentimentality gets in the way. It's like in every scene somebody is filled to bursting with teardrops forming in the corners of their eyes. One improvement is that there are less flashbacks because most of the characters are pretty well established by now. The realistic and grotesque art is a plus and a lot of motion is implied in a motionless context.

Feather Mista
Estoy bastante seguro de que había "readeado" todos los tomos del manga de Battle Royale, pero por algún motivo parece que cuando el infame Deleted Member empezó a borrar ediciones a rolete, hubo ediciones que directamente desaparecieron. Por ahora copipasteo esto a toda la serie para disminuir el riesgo de que vuelvan a hacer una forrada semejante.
Fredrik
Nov 15, 2012 Fredrik rated it liked it
Review keroyokan untuk satu serial ada di sini: Review manga Battle Royale :)
Despair Speaking
May 03, 2013 Despair Speaking rated it really liked it
Kiriyami has the moves!!!

That's all I can say. Yeah, he's my favorite, although I also like the Chinese kung fu dude and Mimura!
Velvetea
Gets better and better, as we get to know more characters, wondering what will happend to them...
Bruno
Apr 01, 2008 Bruno rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Mooie cliffhanger. Op naar nummer 7. ('t Zal voor in de us zijn, of voor binnen drie maand.)
Jenna
Apr 20, 2014 Jenna rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, manga
Such a good manga series. A great adaption with wonderful art work.
Jewel
Aug 21, 2016 Jewel rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
3.5
ZEMBU
ZEMBU rated it liked it
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
Deniz
Deniz rated it it was amazing
Loretta
Loretta rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2016
Lydia
Lydia marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
David
David added it
Sep 20, 2016
Mellow Yellow
Mellow Yellow rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2016
Marisa
Marisa added it
Sep 16, 2016
Fernanda Chaves
Fernanda Chaves marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
  • Gantz /11
  • Berserk, Vol. 19
  • Elfen Lied, Vol. 10 (Elfen Lied, #10)
Koushun Takami (高見 広春 Takami Kōshun, born 1969) is the author of the novel Battle Royale, originally published in Japanese, and later translated into English by Yuji Oniki and published by Viz Media and, later, in an expanded edition by Haika Soru, a division of Viz Media.

Takami was born in Amagasaki, Hyōgo Prefecture near Osaka and grew up in the Kagawa Prefecture of Shikoku. After graduating fro
More about Koushun Takami...

Battle Royale (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 01 (Battle Royale, #1)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 02 (Battle Royale, #2)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 03 (Battle Royale, #3)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 04 (Battle Royale, #4)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 05 (Battle Royale, #5)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 07 (Battle Royale, #7)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 08 (Battle Royale, #8)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 09 (Battle Royale, #9)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 10 (Battle Royale, #10)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 11 (Battle Royale, #11)