Start by marking “A Murder of Crows (A Bob White Birder Murder Mystery, #5)” as Want to Read:
A Murder of Crows (A Bob White Birder Murder Mystery, #5)

A Murder of Crows (Bob White Birder Murder Mysteries #5)

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Instead of sighting a rarity for his new niece's first bird list, Bob White finds a murder of crows, along with the body of an old birding buddy, amid the October leaves at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum. Combining his search for a killer with his desire to add a rare Ferruginous Hawk to his own life list, Bob heads to Stevens County where a proposed wind farm project i...more
Published September 1st 2012 by North Star Press of St. Cloud

To ask other readers questions about A Murder of Crows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Murder of Crows

Joyce
I can spot a pigeon, humming bird..., but I'm not a birder. The main character has been a birder since he was very young. He is a high school counselor who has made it a habit of finding dead bodies on his birding trips. It's too bad the book didn't come with bird photos. I might have learned something about the birds he described in the book.
Cindy
This was a very enjoyable mystery about a bird watcher that finds a dead body while looking for birds. I really liked the characters and storyline of this book and plan on reading more from this author. It really held my interest and kept me wondering who the killer was!
Michigankim
I enjoyed reading a murder mystery set in the birding world. I found it surprisingly believable, especially when you consider the big money involved in the wind energy industry and the fights over where wind turbines are appropriate. Fun book.
Jill
Story line sounded a bit hokey but improved over time. The birding part was the worst of it. No one is that lucky, three or was it four rarities in one less than ideal birding day. But the "murder" story was interesting and developed well.
NVTony
Found this to be an interesting weave of mystery with birding. Characters had depth while story had been filled out with enough intrigue to keep me reading. Author has definitely found an interesting line for mystery stories.
Lucy
I loved reading a mystery that I didn't have to skip over the bad language. I learned a lot and enjoyed reading about places I have visited like the Arb thanks Jan for a good read!
Harry Rutherford
Mar 12, 2013 Harry Rutherford marked it as didnt-finish
Yeah, the bird connection wasn't enough to keep me reading this one.
Jason
Did not enjoy nor did I finish. Not what I expected.
Connie Steckel
Connie Steckel marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Ann Harste
Ann Harste marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Richard Shaw
Richard Shaw marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Sandra Russell
Sandra Russell marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Dorothy Timm
Dorothy Timm marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2014
akc
akc marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2013
Dan
Dan marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Jan Dunlap is the Minnesota author of the Bob White Birder Murder Mysteries, a laugh-out-loud series following the adventures of high school counselor/expert birder Bob White, who has a bad habit of finding bodies while he birds. Drawing on her own love of birds, her keen ear for dialogue, and her interest in environmental concerns, Jan crafts murder mysteries peopled by characters so real, you'll...more
More about Jan Dunlap...
The Boreal Owl Murder (A Bob White Birder Murder Mystery, #1) A Bobwhite Killing (A Bob White Birder Murder Mystery, #3) Murder on Warbler Weekend (A Bob White Birder Murder Mystery, #2) Saved by Gracie: How a Rough-And-Tumble Rescue Dog Dragged Me Back to Health, Happiness, and God Falcon Finale (A Bob White Birder Murder Mystery, #4)