Start by marking “A Murder of Crows (A Bob White Birder Murder Mystery, #5)” as Want to Read:
A Murder of Crows (A Bob White Birder Murder Mystery, #5)

A Murder of Crows (Bob White Birder Murder Mysteries #5)

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  42 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Instead of sighting a rarity for his new niece's first bird list, Bob White finds a murder of crows, along with the body of an old birding buddy, amid the October leaves at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum. Combining his search for a killer with his desire to add a rare Ferruginous Hawk to his own life list, Bob heads to Stevens County where a proposed wind farm project i ...more
Published September 1st 2012 by North Star Press of St. Cloud

To ask other readers questions about A Murder of Crows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Murder of Crows

Judith Davis
May 02, 2016 Judith Davis rated it it was amazing
I continue to enjoy these birder mysteries. This one was much harder to figure out, but a great read.
June Kolodzieski
Nov 12, 2015 June Kolodzieski rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Light reading. Birding plays a large part, but the hero seems a bit dense. The scenarios that trip him up in his enquiries seem lame. Also too much time was spent on trying to figure out who the "Bonecrusher" is.
Joyce
Oct 19, 2012 Joyce rated it really liked it
I can spot a pigeon, humming bird..., but I'm not a birder. The main character has been a birder since he was very young. He is a high school counselor who has made it a habit of finding dead bodies on his birding trips. It's too bad the book didn't come with bird photos. I might have learned something about the birds he described in the book.
Cindy
Feb 16, 2013 Cindy rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
This was a very enjoyable mystery about a bird watcher that finds a dead body while looking for birds. I really liked the characters and storyline of this book and plan on reading more from this author. It really held my interest and kept me wondering who the killer was!
KimBirds
Apr 02, 2013 KimBirds rated it liked it
I enjoyed reading a murder mystery set in the birding world. I found it surprisingly believable, especially when you consider the big money involved in the wind energy industry and the fights over where wind turbines are appropriate. Fun book.
Jill
Jan 06, 2013 Jill rated it liked it
Story line sounded a bit hokey but improved over time. The birding part was the worst of it. No one is that lucky, three or was it four rarities in one less than ideal birding day. But the "murder" story was interesting and developed well.
NVTony
Oct 20, 2012 NVTony rated it really liked it
Found this to be an interesting weave of mystery with birding. Characters had depth while story had been filled out with enough intrigue to keep me reading. Author has definitely found an interesting line for mystery stories.
Lucy
Feb 07, 2013 Lucy rated it it was amazing
I loved reading a mystery that I didn't have to skip over the bad language. I learned a lot and enjoyed reading about places I have visited like the Arb thanks Jan for a good read!
Harry Rutherford
Mar 12, 2013 Harry Rutherford marked it as didnt-finish
Yeah, the bird connection wasn't enough to keep me reading this one.
Jason
Feb 11, 2013 Jason rated it did not like it
Did not enjoy nor did I finish. Not what I expected.
Julia
Julia rated it really liked it
May 20, 2016
Cbw
Cbw marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Deb
Deb rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2016
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2016
Anne
Anne rated it really liked it
May 09, 2016
Gbug
Gbug marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2016
Sue
Sue rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Kays
Kays marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
Lonnie Wuolle
Lonnie Wuolle rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
Else
Else marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2015
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2015
Beiza
Beiza added it
Sep 15, 2015
Carol K.
Carol K. marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
Allison Ann
Allison Ann marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Jan Dunlap is the author of the humorous Bob White Birder Murder Mysteries, the best-selling memoir "Saved by Gracie: How a rough-and-tumble rescue dog dragged me back to health, happiness, and God" and the edge-of-your-seat Archangels suspense series.
A former college professor, Jan holds two master's degrees: one in English Studies and one in Theology. She welcomes visitors to her website at jan
More about Jan Dunlap...

Bob White Birder Murder Mysteries (7 books)
  • The Boreal Owl Murder (A Bob White Birder Murder Mystery, #1)
  • Murder on Warbler Weekend (A Bob White Birder Murder Mystery, #2)
  • A Bobwhite Killing (A Bob White Birder Murder Mystery, #3)
  • Falcon Finale (A Bob White Birder Murder Mystery, #4)
  • Swift Justice (A Bob White Birder Murder Mystery, #6)
  • The Kiskadee of Death (A Bob White Birder Murder Mystery, #7)