Start by marking “A Murder of Crows (A Bob White Birder Murder Mystery, #5)” as Want to Read:
A Murder of Crows (A Bob White Birder Murder Mystery, #5)

A Murder of Crows (Bob White Birder Murder Mysteries #5)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Instead of sighting a rarity for his new niece's first bird list, Bob White finds a murder of crows, along with the body of an old birding buddy, amid the October leaves at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum. Combining his search for a killer with his desire to add a rare Ferruginous Hawk to his own life list, Bob heads to Stevens County where a proposed wind farm project i ...more
Published September 1st 2012 by North Star Press of St. Cloud

To ask other readers questions about A Murder of Crows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Murder of Crows

Joyce
I can spot a pigeon, humming bird..., but I'm not a birder. The main character has been a birder since he was very young. He is a high school counselor who has made it a habit of finding dead bodies on his birding trips. It's too bad the book didn't come with bird photos. I might have learned something about the birds he described in the book.
Cindy
Feb 16, 2013 Cindy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
This was a very enjoyable mystery about a bird watcher that finds a dead body while looking for birds. I really liked the characters and storyline of this book and plan on reading more from this author. It really held my interest and kept me wondering who the killer was!
KimBirds
I enjoyed reading a murder mystery set in the birding world. I found it surprisingly believable, especially when you consider the big money involved in the wind energy industry and the fights over where wind turbines are appropriate. Fun book.
Jill
Story line sounded a bit hokey but improved over time. The birding part was the worst of it. No one is that lucky, three or was it four rarities in one less than ideal birding day. But the "murder" story was interesting and developed well.
NVTony
Found this to be an interesting weave of mystery with birding. Characters had depth while story had been filled out with enough intrigue to keep me reading. Author has definitely found an interesting line for mystery stories.
Lucy
I loved reading a mystery that I didn't have to skip over the bad language. I learned a lot and enjoyed reading about places I have visited like the Arb thanks Jan for a good read!
Harry Rutherford
Mar 12, 2013 Harry Rutherford marked it as didnt-finish
Yeah, the bird connection wasn't enough to keep me reading this one.
Jason
Did not enjoy nor did I finish. Not what I expected.
Allison Ann
Allison Ann marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Steph
Steph is currently reading it
Aug 28, 2015
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Familyreader
Familyreader marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Terisa De Morgan
Terisa De Morgan marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Marisa
Marisa marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
De
De added it
Feb 05, 2015
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Ann Doty
Ann Doty marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Jan Dunlap is the Minnesota author of the Bob White Birder Murder Mysteries, a laugh-out-loud series following the adventures of high school counselor/expert birder Bob White, who has a bad habit of finding bodies while he birds. Drawing on her own love of birds, her keen ear for dialogue, and her interest in environmental concerns, Jan crafts murder mysteries peopled by characters so real, you'll ...more
More about Jan Dunlap...

Bob White Birder Murder Mysteries (7 books)
  • The Boreal Owl Murder (A Bob White Birder Murder Mystery, #1)
  • Murder on Warbler Weekend (A Bob White Birder Murder Mystery, #2)
  • A Bobwhite Killing (A Bob White Birder Murder Mystery, #3)
  • Falcon Finale (A Bob White Birder Murder Mystery, #4)
  • Swift Justice (A Bob White Birder Murder Mystery, #6)
  • The Kiskadee of Death (A Bob White Birder Murder Mystery, #7)
The Boreal Owl Murder (A Bob White Birder Murder Mystery, #1) A Bobwhite Killing (A Bob White Birder Murder Mystery, #3) Saved by Gracie: How a Rough-And-Tumble Rescue Dog Dragged Me Back to Health, Happiness, and God Murder on Warbler Weekend (A Bob White Birder Murder Mystery, #2) Falcon Finale (A Bob White Birder Murder Mystery, #4)