Start by marking “Little Miss Chatterbox” as Want to Read:
Little Miss Chatterbox

Little Miss Chatterbox (Little Miss Books #13)

When Little Miss Chatterbox starts a sentence, it goes on and on and on?.

Back to the Mr. Men & Little Miss microsite.
Published April 5th 1999 by Price Stern Sloan (first published 1980)

To ask other readers questions about Little Miss Chatterbox, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Miss Chatterbox

Mr. Tickle by Roger HargreavesMr. Happy by Roger HargreavesMr. Greedy by Roger HargreavesMr. Daydream by Roger HargreavesMr. Bump by Roger Hargreaves
Mr. Men and Little Miss
12th out of 105 books — 22 voters
Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett JohnsonCorduroy by Don FreemanWhere the Wild Things Are by Maurice SendakMadeline by Ludwig BemelmansThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
Classic Picture Book Characters
56th out of 62 books — 13 voters

More lists with this book...

Siobhan
Sep 28, 2015 Siobhan rated it liked it
Ah, Mr Men and Little Miss, how wonderful you are!

These books made up so much of my childhood. No matter what I would go ahead and pick one up. I worked my way through them all a couple of times. Each one has a wonderful story for the child to engage with, each character being fun to read.

Everyone has a bias for their favourite character, yet every book is delightful.
Ashlea
Sep 29, 2016 Ashlea rated it it was amazing
I have read this book many times to children and they really enjoy it. This book is great for younger children and offers a lot of opportunities for questions and predictions throughout it.
Amber
Apr 16, 2014 Amber rated it liked it
I like this book a lot because its very relatable to children everyone has that little chatterbox in their class and I feel this is a good to book to teach them how to calm it down. She met people just like her who liked to talk as much as she does but the main plot was about her trying to get a job, which she did at a bank in happy land. She ended up getting into trouble and being fired at work because she couldn’t stop talking long enough to help the customer. This happed at every job she got ...more
Alannah Clarke
I absolutely loved these Mr Men and Little Miss books. I remember getting them from my granny every week. There was so much from these simple characters, I remember filling my little bookshelf with all these books making sure I had got them all in right order. I wish I still had these books but somehow most of them got lost with many house moves or my mum gave the rest away. If I ever have kids, I will make sure they get the chance to experience these wonderful, colourful books.
Alana
May 19, 2015 Alana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, owned
My family bought me a Little Miss Chatterbox doll as a joke a few years ago and it came with this book. I found it the other day so I thought, "Why not read it?"
So, I did and after I was done I found that I actually quite liked it! It was quick, funny and cute and I'm sure any little kid would enjoy having this read to them.
Annabel
Dec 28, 2014 Annabel rated it really liked it
The 'Mr Men' and 'Little Miss' books are so simple yet so effective. I love the way that all the characters are linked and how characters pop up in other stories!

The books are great for encouraging young children to read because they are interesting, have a variety of simple language and are short enough that young children don't get bored! Children love collecting all the characters too.
Joanna
Dec 31, 2008 Joanna rated it liked it
Shelves: read-with-salo
"Have you ever heard about somebody being able to talk the hind leg off a donkey?". Hysterical. A little reminiscent of the SNL H. Ross Perot parody. I enjoyed these more than my son, Salo, 15 months. I will probably not revisit the Little Miss and Mr. series with my son. Some parts of the stories are dated and they are for older children. They are more for me to enjoy for sentimental reasons.
JG (The Introverted Reader)
Can Little Miss Chatterbox find a job that allows her to chatter on and on and on and on and on and on and on...?

Not one of my favorites. Maybe because my dad could be called Mr. Chatterbox and I know what it's like to wait while someone talks on and on and on and on and on and on....
τλιϓλ
Jun 18, 2013 τλιϓλ rated it it was amazing
What was I expected from chatterbox but to be so talkative!! can't imagine my self passing her by and say hello for I'm sure I'll remain then in my place till evening. Still, I like it.
Alina
Sep 02, 2015 Alina rated it it was amazing
These books are excellent for expanding vocabulary. They are always funny and are well written. My four year old daughter is enjoying the series.
Hannah
Nov 05, 2015 Hannah rated it liked it
Why wouldn't just leave if she started speaking for hours? And why do you only have one clock in your house, Mr Chatterbox?
Sara
Feb 16, 2014 Sara rated it really liked it
Little Miss Chatterbox is the best book out of the Mr Men and Little Miss series I've read so far. It's colourful and has a fun storyline.

Yuzana Hlaing
Yuzana Hlaing rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2014
Tara Potter
Tara Potter rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2013
Jack Maull
Jack Maull rated it really liked it
May 30, 2014
BookCupid
BookCupid rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2011
Allison Jenkinson
Allison Jenkinson rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2015
Joean
Joean rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2007
10C3SamAllen Allen
10C3SamAllen Allen rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2014
Alejo
Alejo rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2016
Philip Halabi
Philip Halabi rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2014
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Garth Simmons
Garth Simmons rated it did not like it
May 14, 2013
Anamaria
Anamaria rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2014
Tara Calaby
Sep 08, 2015 Tara Calaby rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-book
I don't remember a lot about this one, beyond the fact that I definitely read it as a kid.
Makayla
Makayla rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2008
Johnny Duncan
Johnny Duncan rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2015
Matt Barber
Matt Barber rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2016
Courtney Dean
Courtney Dean rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2012
CHATTING 1 1 Mar 02, 2015 03:19PM
  • Franklin's School Play (Franklin Series)
  • You Read to Me, I'll Read to You: Very Short Stories to Read Together
  • The Berenstain Bears' Home Sweet Tree
  • Where's the Dragon?
  • Ups And Downs: A Book About Floating And Sinking (The Magic School Bus)
  • That's Not My Puppy...Its Coat is Too Hairy (Usborne Touchy-Feely Books)
  • Dinosaur Time
  • If I Could Keep You Little...
  • The Sleepover Club at Frankie's (The Sleepover Club, #1)
  • I Had Trouble In Getting To Solla Sollew
  • What Is a Princess? (Disney Princess)
  • The Fairies' Birthday Surprise (Scholastic Reader Level 2: Rainbow Magic)
  • What's Heaven?
  • The Usborne Encyclopedia of World Religions: Internet-Linked
  • Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Anakin in Action! (DK Readers Level 2)
  • Buttermilk (Serendipity)
  • Happy Halloween, Little Critter!
  • I Can Do It Myself:  Featuring Jim Henson's Sesame Street Muppets
Charles Roger Hargreaves (9 May 1935 – 11 September 1988) was an English author and illustrator of children's books, notably the Mr. Men and Little Miss series, intended for very young readers. He is Britain's third best-selling author, having sold more than 100 million books.

Hargreaves was born in a private hospital at 201 Bath Road, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, England, to Alfred Reginald and Et
More about Roger Hargreaves...

Little Miss Books (1 - 10 of 33 books)
  • Little Miss Bossy