Start by marking “Little Miss Sunshine” as Want to Read:
Little Miss Sunshine
Preview

Little Miss Sunshine (Little Miss Books #4)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  855 ratings  ·  35 reviews
They're back! Rediscover the zaniest characters you've ever met in this best-selling series which has sold millions worldwide. Bright and charming, with easily recognizable characters and a small take-along format, Mr. Men and Little Miss books are easy enough for young readers, witty enough for humor-prone adults, and highly collectible for one and all. Also check your lo ...more
Published September 29th 1997 by Price Stern Sloan (first published January 1st 1981)

To ask other readers questions about Little Miss Sunshine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Miss Sunshine

Mr. Tickle by Roger HargreavesMr. Bump by Roger HargreavesMr. Happy by Roger HargreavesMr. Greedy by Roger HargreavesMr. Daydream by Roger Hargreaves
Mr. Men and Little Miss
7th out of 104 books — 17 voters
The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussWhere the Wild Things Are by Maurice SendakAre You My Mother? by P.D. EastmanChicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr.
Books for three-year-old children
332nd out of 355 books — 268 voters

More lists with this book...

Amber
I liked how the style of drawing showed all the way through the book. In the book all the characters, whether their birds, worms or people, mimicked the same style drawing. I liked bow he decided to open this book as well, rather than just having Little Mrs. Sunshine go around and be happy he had the book start out Misery Land where everyone was sad and cried all the time. She randomly decided to visit the town and ended up getting arrested for one of the forbidden thing and smiles in the town w ...more
Heather
My children love the Little Miss and Little Mister books. Little Miss Sunshine is one of my daughter's favorites. I read it using various voices for the different characters. She especially likes it when Little Miss Sunshine helps the people of Miseryland become happy. These stories are great little lessons for kids.
Annabel
The 'Mr Men' and 'Little Miss' books are so simple yet so effective. I love the way that all the characters are linked and how characters pop up in other stories!

The books are great for encouraging young children to read because they are interesting, have a variety of simple language and are short enough that young children don't get bored! Children love collecting all the characters too.
Sarah Picard
Although this isn't 'Little Miss Giggles', 'Little Miss Sunshine' is still a giggling, happy character, but the story wasn't really funny to match her personality. This story didn't captivate me as much as some of the other Mr. Men and Little Miss books, but I give it 4 stars seeing it's a children's story and it would probably captivate children.
Rachel Dalton
I still remember reading this book and all of the Roger Hargreaves books, including Mr. Happy and Little Miss Neat, when I was in first grade. I bought the whole set of these little books to have in my classroom if I am in the primary grades. They all have some sort of a lesson and are fun reads for beginning readers.
Kim
Little Miss Sunshine was particularly one of my favourites as a child. When I was a child, the book encouraged me to use voices in my reading, something which I gained confidence in over time. Although I was not aware, the Little Miss Sunshine story taught me to try and make people happy and to be happy myself.
Looking at the story from a trainee teacher point of view, I believe that the story is encouraging to children and allows children to explore. It allows children the opportunity to explor
Cris Mercury
I'm planning to be a teacher in the future, and I love children books like this one. I loved it. It's not Dr Seuss, but really enjoyable all the same.
Sara
My 200th book yay! Little Miss Sunshine like her name just makes you smile. She brings Sunshine to your life and this book proves it.
Alannah Clarke
I absolutely loved these Mr Men and Little Miss books. I remember getting them from my granny every week. There was so much from these simple characters, I remember filling my little bookshelf with all these books making sure I had got them all in right order. I wish I still had these books but somehow most of them got lost with many house moves or my mum gave the rest away. If I ever have kids, I will make sure they get the chance to experience these wonderful, colourful books.
Snorkle
I'm not really sure why I picked up this book. I guess maybe the cover intrigued me because the characters looked familiar. The story was lackluster at best though. It wasn't very engaging. I wouldn't recommend.

*Taken from my book reviews blog: http://reviewsatmse.blogspot.com/2012...
Karen
I was reading this tonight to CC and found myself using a particular cadence as I read. Then I remembered I had the audio of this as a kid and realized I was reading it the same way I used to hear it. I love this little series and I'm so glad I can share it with my kids and they love it, too!
Kristy
Jul 22, 2008 Kristy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who loves childrens books.
I love all of the Little Miss and Mr...Books! They are all wonderful and I would recommend them all to anyone with children. I love them so much that a few months ago I bought about 20 of them to re-start my collection. I sure wish I had my original books. Oh well. I hope you enjoy!
Velika
Got this for Christmas from my Mom. On the inside cover she wrote, "You always make everyone happy, just like a ray from the sun." Awwwww....... She also got me the shirt, made popular by none other than Miss Britney Spears.
John Wilson
Another case of how Hollywood will ruin a story. In this - the original story - Little Miss Sunshine is NOT riding a yellow van to a beauty pageant. Instead, she is driving a pink car and winds up in Miseryland (AKA Toledo).
Bella
I've read a few Little Miss books from school and i don't know what i kept reading them. I really dislike them and the programs on telly were never great for me either. Not my thing at all.
Gary Masskin
A clever story. To me, the core of this book is about questioning tradition; the things that we do "because that's the way it's always been" and having the courage to try something different.
Patty Almasy
Wow, this really brought me back to my childhood. I had the entire Mr. men and Little Miss series and seeing the cover made me recall snuggling with my mom and our reading pillow. :O)
Ginny
This is the first book I picked out at my first elementary school book fair. I enjoyed it as a child, but as an adult it's not quite so cute to me anymore.
Jocelin
Cute little story. This is the kind of book that you read when you are the children's section of Barnes & Noble when you are with your niece for 2 hours.
This Little Miss is a bit too Pollyanna for me but her sunny personality is sure to brighten the eyes and ears of most of its intended audience members.
Angela Early
This is an important book for children to read when they are in a bad mood - it is so much better for you to be a little happy than it is to be miserable!
Angie
...Okay, I've read two of these books tonight (the Little Miss series), and they are strange. I like this one -- that you control how you see the world!
Bailey Jane
Feb 28, 2010 Bailey Jane rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents,babies,toddlers,teachers,kids
Recommended to Bailey Jane by: parents
I read these when I was little and loved them!

Little Miss Sunshine takes a detour into Miseryland and changes the laws of the land!
Emily
Oh man! I love the Little Miss and Mr. Men books! I had them all read to me by my Meemaw! I also recommend Little Miss Shy!
Talya
I just love the way she helped the king to smile and laugh instead of crying, very nice story and sweet character.
April
These books just resurfaced in my life and I'm reminded of my childhood. Such nostalgia.
JG (The Introverted Reader)
What happens when Little Miss Sunshine visits Miseryland?

One of my favorites.
Debs
Given to me by a very dear friend. A good reminder. :)
Elisa Bratcher
My favorite kids book! She is my role model!
  • Franklin Has a Sleepover
  • Mumkin
  • You Read to Me, I'll Read to You: Very Short Stories to Read Together
  • The Mystery of the Monster Movie (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #8)
Charles Roger Hargreaves (9 May 1935 – 11 September 1988) was an English author and illustrator of children's books, notably the Mr. Men and Little Miss series, intended for very young readers. He is Britain's third best-selling author, having sold more than 100 million books.

Hargreaves was born in a private hospital at 201 Bath Road, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, England, to Alfred Reginald and Et
More about Roger Hargreaves...

Little Miss Books (1 - 10 of 33 books)
  • Little Miss Bossy
  • Little Miss Helpful
  • Little Miss Magic
  • Little Miss Shy
  • Little Miss Splendid
Mr. Tickle (Mr. Men, #1) Little Miss Bossy Mr. Messy (Mr. Men, #8) Mr. Happy (Mr. Men, #3) Mr. Bump (Mr. Men, #6)