Start by marking “When Tomorrow Comes” as Want to Read:
When Tomorrow Comes

When Tomorrow Comes

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  590 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Jacey Mathews fingered the heavy scar across her throat, hidden by the high collar of her dress, and wondered if she had let illness become an excuse for not remaining active in the faith that had once filled her with happiness. Could she regain that faith? Uncle Charlie had thought so, but since his death she wasn't sure she could do it alone. Dreams had kept her alive, b ...more
Published September 1st 1994 by Covenant Communications (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about When Tomorrow Comes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Tomorrow Comes

Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites by Chris HeimerdingerPillar of Light by Gerald N. LundCharly by Jack WeylandPrincess Academy by Shannon HaleFire of the Covenant by Gerald N. Lund
Best LDS fiction
302nd out of 499 books — 440 voters
The Alienist by Caleb CarrLord of Chaos by Robert JordanSoul Music by Terry PratchettWizard's First Rule by Terry GoodkindMidnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt
Best Books of 1994
102nd out of 178 books — 67 voters

More lists with this book...

Breanna
Nov 07, 2008 Breanna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lds-fiction
This is probably my favorite book out of all of Jennie Hansen's. It is set in the Manti/Ephraim area, where I lived until I moved last year. I enjoyed being able to see the area where the book was taking place while I read it. It is a believable story and I loved the characters.
Patricia
Jan 09, 2014 Patricia rated it really liked it
I started reading this about 10 pm last night and ended about 1 am. This morning I remember...hmm...that I liked the story, although initially I thought it was set in some earlier time period because of how smothered and pampered the main character was (although there were no computers or cell phones in the story so still an older setting than "today"). It was nice that the main character showed some self-awareness and took steps to grow up. However, despite the reasons for her EXTREMELY doormat ...more
Nolan
Jul 31, 2015 Nolan rated it it was ok
Shelves: nls-audio
I had a difficult time liking the main character of this book largely because her dependence is so 19th-century in a 21st-century world. You almost picture this woman in some dark-ages society where little thought or backbone is required to live if you're female. Jacey so personifies the concept of the "weaker sex" here that my impatience was only slightly assuaged by her evolutions as the book progressed.

She has had thyroid cancer, and because of a family history of debilitating illness, her fa
Nancy
Apr 13, 2015 Nancy rated it really liked it
This is a clean LDS romance. I looked on amazon for some LDS authors. I hadn't read anything by Jennie Hansen for several years. It was a nice read.
LAWonder10
Jun 21, 2012 LAWonder10 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite Jennie Hansen books. She brings a unique tale to life and has the reader feeling the emotions caused by so many trialas and frustrations of life. This is a tale of a young woman filled with a feeling of hopelessness and doubt until a fresh start is made available through the death of her beloved uncle that allows her to begin again in a new place.
Susan
Nov 27, 2013 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds-novels
I really enjoyed this clean romance about a young woman who had cancer and how she had let her parents, sister, and fiance run her life and make her decisions for her. Of course, she eventually learned to stand on her own feet and that she really didn't love her bossy fiance, but did love the turkey farmer next door. I would recommend the book.
Megan Swanson
I almost always have a hard time when a character had to go back to their origins in order to overcome their struggles, but this is a little more understandable. Blegh, always the miscommunication! I loved his sister though... sort of!
Danica Page (One Page at a Time)
I liked this book. It wasn't my favorite, but it was a good read. I liked Jacey Matthews and George a lot. Jacey has been too sheltered her entire life, and I liked seeing her stand up for herself.
Veneita
Apr 18, 2009 Veneita rated it it was ok
Again it has been about 10 years since I've read this but I remember loving this author and reading a ton of her books. So it must not be too bad.
Chica114
Jul 22, 2011 Chica114 rated it it was amazing
The fact that I still remember enjoying this book thoroughly 12 years ago makes me give it 5 stars. Plus I don't think I'd mind owning it.
Pat
Feb 12, 2009 Pat rated it really liked it
An easy read with a fairly good story line even though it was somewhat predictable. I like a read like this occasionally.
Kristyn
Jan 27, 2010 Kristyn rated it really liked it
This is one of her earliest books and I really liked it. It had a lot of humor in with the romance.
Karen
Aug 20, 2008 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I like love stories and this one was enjoyable. I also enjoyed the friendships that were built.
Kjerstin
Aug 21, 2008 Kjerstin rated it it was amazing
If you like love stories you will love this book. I love the way Jennie Hansen writes.
Melanie
This is one of the first books I remember getting for Christmas. It is great.
Susan
Dec 22, 2010 Susan rated it really liked it
AAaaah, Who wouldn't love a huge cowboy with a turkey farm?!!?
Shauna
May 10, 2013 Shauna rated it it was amazing
What's not to love about a handsome turkey farmer!
Diana
Aug 24, 2009 Diana rated it liked it
A light easy read but with enough to keep you interested.
Cheryal
May 04, 2010 Cheryal rated it liked it
cheesy lds novel but hey...I can't resist a cowboy!!
Julie
Mar 20, 2009 Julie rated it it was ok
I really just thought it was okay. Sorry!
Erin
Fun love story
Jan 14, 2009 Jennifer rated it liked it
Own: Book
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Megan
Megan rated it really liked it
May 12, 2016
julie crawford
julie crawford rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2016
Missy
Missy marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Jenny
Jenny rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2016
Donna Campbell
Donna Campbell rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2016
Hailey
Hailey marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
  • Winter Fire
  • A Time for the Heart
  • Finding Paradise
  • Where the Heart Leads
  • Vanished (Maggie McKenzie Mystery, #1)
  • I'll Find You