Start by marking “The Labyrinth of Dreams (G.O.D. Inc., #1)” as Want to Read:
The Labyrinth of Dreams (G.O.D. Inc., #1)

The Labyrinth of Dreams (G.O.D. Inc. #1)

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  280 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Spade and Marlowe never took a case like this! I'm Sam Horowitz. My wife Brandy and I are private eyes - and belly-up broke. That's why we agreed to trace Martin Whitlock, a hotshot banker who'd skipped town with over two million dollars in laundered drug money. Not our usual case, but even filthy mob lucre pays bills.
Whitlock's trail led from a posh mansion to a hick burg
320 pages
Published (first published March 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about The Labyrinth of Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Labyrinth of Dreams

Jonathan Palfrey
Dec 30, 2014 Jonathan Palfrey rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jonathan by: Wikipedia
I tried this book on whim and was pleasantly surprised to enjoy it: an entertaining and somewhat unusual combination of American detective story and science fiction. The sf side of it felt more familiar to me: I read sf, and have read sf of approximately this kind before, but I don't normally read American detective stories.

The main characters are likeable enough, although their behaviour is somewhat implausible at times. The plot is frankly too complicated for me to follow, but I got the gist o
Jesse
An interesting detective story that starts out in the 80s and ends up in deep in science fiction. Took a long time until the premise for the trilogy was revealed, but the detective story was engaging enough to more than compensate.
Stephanie
I hate that so many of Jack Chalker's books are now out of print. My in-laws got me this from a library book sale and I was never able to find any more of the GOD inc books.
Dan
This is a fun start to one of the lightest alternate reality series. Not to heavy, but light romance, adventure and mystery.
Blackbard
A fun read. Second time through, but it's been a few years and I still enjoyed the metaphysical playing.
Aaron Anderson
Has the distinction of being the only Chalker series I didn't dislike to only be read once.
Randy
Interesting idea. A private eye couple get trapped in a miniuniverse while on a case..
John
Grade C+. Book Gi1.
Elizabeth
Nov 21, 2008 Elizabeth marked it as to-read
TBR
Ruth
Ruth marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Michael Mcmahon
Michael Mcmahon marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Arclance
Arclance marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Eyeheartpie
Eyeheartpie marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Tonya
Tonya marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Annamaria
Annamaria marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Yvonne Raphael
Yvonne Raphael marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Christopher A Flores
Christopher A Flores marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Lee Callaway
Lee Callaway marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Amol Jadhav
Amol Jadhav marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Rezrov
Rezrov marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Kynan
Kynan marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Stephen Robertson
Stephen Robertson marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
  • The Lifeship
  • Skyfall
  • City of Darkness
  • Phthor
  • Between The Strokes Of Night
  • Deadman Switch
  • The X Factor
  • The Halcyon Drift (Hooded Swan, #1)
  • The Shrouded Realm (Dragonrealm: Origins, #1)
  • Universe
  • The River of Time
  • The Wrong End of Time
Besides being a science fiction author, Jack Laurence Chalker was a Baltimore City Schools history teacher in Maryland for a time, a member of the Washington Science Fiction Association, and was involved in the founding of the Baltimore Science Fiction Society. Some of his books said that he was born in Norfolk, Virginia although he later claimed that was a mistake.

He attended all but one of the W
More about Jack L. Chalker...

G.O.D. Inc. (3 books)
  • The Shadow Dancers (G.O.D. Inc., #2)
  • The Maze in the Mirror (G.O.D. Inc., #3)
Midnight at the Well of Souls (Saga of the Well World, #1) The River of Dancing Gods (Dancing Gods #1) Quest for the Well of Souls (Saga of the Well World, #3) Exiles at the Well of Souls (Saga of the Well World, #2) Twilight at the Well of Souls (Saga of the Well World, #5)