Start by marking “The Labyrinth of Dreams (G.O.D. Inc., #1)” as Want to Read:
The Labyrinth of Dreams (G.O.D. Inc., #1)

The Labyrinth of Dreams (G.O.D. Inc. #1)

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  268 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Spade and Marlowe never took a case like this! I'm Sam Horowitz. My wife Brandy and I are private eyes - and belly-up broke. That's why we agreed to trace Martin Whitlock, a hotshot banker who'd skipped town with over two million dollars in laundered drug money. Not our usual case, but even filthy mob lucre pays bills.
Whitlock's trail led from a posh mansion to a hick burg
320 pages
Published (first published March 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about The Labyrinth of Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Labyrinth of Dreams

Jonathan Palfrey
Dec 30, 2014 Jonathan Palfrey rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jonathan by: Wikipedia
I tried this book on whim and was pleasantly surprised to enjoy it: an entertaining and somewhat unusual combination of American detective story and science fiction. The sf side of it felt more familiar to me: I read sf, and have read sf of approximately this kind before, but I don't normally read American detective stories.

The main characters are likeable enough, although their behaviour is somewhat implausible at times. The plot is frankly too complicated for me to follow, but I got the gist o
Jesse
An interesting detective story that starts out in the 80s and ends up in deep in science fiction. Took a long time until the premise for the trilogy was revealed, but the detective story was engaging enough to more than compensate.
Stephanie
I hate that so many of Jack Chalker's books are now out of print. My in-laws got me this from a library book sale and I was never able to find any more of the GOD inc books.
Dan
This is a fun start to one of the lightest alternate reality series. Not to heavy, but light romance, adventure and mystery.
Blackbard
A fun read. Second time through, but it's been a few years and I still enjoyed the metaphysical playing.
Aaron Anderson
Has the distinction of being the only Chalker series I didn't dislike to only be read once.
Randy
Interesting idea. A private eye couple get trapped in a miniuniverse while on a case..
John
Simon
Simon added it
Jan 26, 2015
Alex Padilla
Alex Padilla marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Taylor Macgillivray
Taylor Macgillivray marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Haljon
Haljon marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Kris
Kris added it
Oct 04, 2014
Ebook
Ebook marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
  • The Lifeship
  • Starworld (To the Stars, #3)
  • Exiles To Glory
  • Quantum Leap: Prelude
  • Shadow Unit 7
  • Beckon
  • The Wrong End of Time
Besides being a science fiction author, Jack Laurence Chalker was a Baltimore City Schools history teacher in Maryland for a time, a member of the Washington Science Fiction Association, and was involved in the founding of the Baltimore Science Fiction Society. Some of his books said that he was born in Norfolk, Virginia although he later claimed that was a mistake.

He attended all but one of the W
More about Jack L. Chalker...

G.O.D. Inc. (3 books)
  • The Shadow Dancers (G.O.D. Inc., #2)
  • The Maze in the Mirror (G.O.D. Inc., #3)
Midnight at the Well of Souls (Saga of the Well World, #1) Quest for the Well of Souls (Saga of the Well World, #3) The River of Dancing Gods (Dancing Gods #1) Exiles at the Well of Souls (Saga of the Well World, #2) Twilight at the Well of Souls (Saga of the Well World, #5)