The Labyrinth of Dreams (G.O.D. Inc., #1)

The Labyrinth of Dreams (G.O.D. Inc. #1)

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  254 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Spade and Marlowe never took a case like this! I'm Sam Horowitz. My wife Brandy and I are private eyes - and belly-up broke. That's why we agreed to trace Martin Whitlock, a hotshot banker who'd skipped town with over two million dollars in laundered drug money. Not our usual case, but even filthy mob lucre pays bills.
Whitlock's trail led from a posh mansion to a hick burg...more
320 pages
Published (first published March 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about The Labyrinth of Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Labyrinth of Dreams

Jesse
An interesting detective story that starts out in the 80s and ends up in deep in science fiction. Took a long time until the premise for the trilogy was revealed, but the detective story was engaging enough to more than compensate.
Stephanie
I hate that so many of Jack Chalker's books are now out of print. My in-laws got me this from a library book sale and I was never able to find any more of the GOD inc books.
Dan
This is a fun start to one of the lightest alternate reality series. Not to heavy, but light romance, adventure and mystery.
Blackbard
A fun read. Second time through, but it's been a few years and I still enjoyed the metaphysical playing.
Aaron Anderson
Has the distinction of being the only Chalker series I didn't dislike to only be read once.
Randy
Interesting idea. A private eye couple get trapped in a miniuniverse while on a case..
John
Jeri
Jeri added it
Aug 26, 2014
Derek Dewitt
Derek Dewitt marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Walter
Walter added it
Aug 20, 2014
Madeline
Madeline marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Alexander
Alexander marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Steve Meyer
Steve Meyer marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Sungsu
Sungsu added it
Jul 31, 2014
Janet Kieran
Janet Kieran marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Alisha Mcfarland
Alisha Mcfarland marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
  • The Web Between the Worlds
  • Starworld (To the Stars, #3)
  • Phthor
  • Deadman Switch
  • The River of Time
  • The X Factor
  • Starchild Trilogy
  • The Two Faces of Tomorrow
  • Tales Of Ten Worlds (Gollancz)
  • Greenthieves
  • Shadow Unit 2
  • Stargate SG-1: The Price You Pay (Stargate SG-1, #2)
  • Hide and Seek (Arthur C. Clarke's Venus Prime, Book 3)
  • An Alien Light
  • Wagers of Sin (Time Scout, #2)
  • Where the Evil Dwells
Besides being a science fiction author, Jack Laurence Chalker was a Baltimore City Schools history teacher in Maryland for a time, a member of the Washington Science Fiction Association, and was involved in the founding of the Baltimore Science Fiction Society. Some of his books said that he was born in Norfolk, Virginia although he later claimed that was a mistake.

He attended all but one of the W...more
More about Jack L. Chalker...
Midnight at the Well of Souls (Saga of the Well World, #1) Quest for the Well of Souls (Saga of the Well World, #3) The River of Dancing Gods (Dancing Gods #1) Exiles at the Well of Souls (Saga of the Well World, #2) Twilight at the Well of Souls (Saga of the Well World, #5)