Start by marking “Green Leaves for Later Years: The Spiritual Path of Wisdom” as Want to Read:
Green Leaves for Later Years: The Spiritual Path of Wisdom

Green Leaves for Later Years: The Spiritual Path of Wisdom

"What wisdom do I bring to the later years? Nothing more than the wisdom of dwelling in the present moment. No more than the courage of God's promises. Nothing more than the courage to walk through sorrow. No more than the unlimited future of God's love." So, Emilie Griffin, author, teacher, spiritual director, writes in her seventy-fifth year. In these pages she reflects ...more
Published October 17th 2012 by IVP Books (first published August 2nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Green Leaves for Later Years, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Green Leaves for Later Years

Bob
Jun 03, 2013 Bob rated it really liked it
Later years and autumn leaves seem to go together, so the title of this work caught my attention--GREEN leaves for later years? Emilie Griffin writes this reflection on what it means to live wisely into our later years, exploring the spirituality of later life.

One of the first issues she explores is that of chronic pain, as a sufferer of rheumatoid arthritis. Those who haven't lived with chronic pain or someone who lives with it, doesn't understand and Griffin explores the annoying suggestions s
Rebecca
Mar 02, 2016 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Since I turned 60 this last October, I have been looking for books that apply to me in my "old age!" This was a good start, as it was easy to read, and was focused on things that matter to me. Griffin had lots of good things to say, and recommended some very interesting books that I plan to add to my reading list. I liked this book because the author focused on the character growth that we all long for but aren't always sure how to achieve.
Laurie
Jun 30, 2013 Laurie rated it really liked it
I needed only to read the first page to see the influence of Luci Shaw on Emilie Griffin's writing. The book, a mixture of memoir, biography, devotional shares the beauty of aging as God intended -- with life, rather than withering.
Beth Knight
Beth Knight rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2014
Wayne Deibel
Wayne Deibel rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2014
Luke Brown
Luke Brown rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2013
Lorrie
Lorrie rated it liked it
May 12, 2013
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2013
Patricia Mengel
Patricia Mengel rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2016
Mary Yerkes
Mary Yerkes rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2012
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2014
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
InterVarsity Pres...: My review of Green Leaves for Later Years 2 9 Jun 27, 2013 01:02PM