Start by marking “Execution of Innocence” as Want to Read:
Execution of Innocence

Execution of Innocence

Charlie just lost his cool…

Charlie loved Mary. Loved her with all his heart. They were the happy couple, the one that people at school pointed to with envy.

But then Mary makes a mistake, a small mistake with another guy. And Charlie loses it, and someone dies. Now Charlie is a hunted man and Mary is an outcast. But what really happened that dark night, when love and rage s
Published August 1st 1997 by Simon Pulse (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Execution of Innocence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Execution of Innocence

Maria rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2007
Erin rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2008
"What really happened that dark night, when love and rage shook hands on a deserted street?"

Sharing a love that most people envy, Charlie and Mary find their lives shattered when Mary is unfaithful and Charlie turns murderous, a situation that has Charlie on the run and Mary ostracized by her peers.

I did not find this suspenseful at all. You can predict what happens in the first half of the novel. I suggest for Pike fans to turn their attention to his book, "Fall Into Darkness".

Secondly, I fel
Heather rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2009
Mar 08, 2011 Emily rated it it was ok
The device of having a lot of the action told in flashback from the police interviewing room was pretty interesting. Other than that, it's your basic YA Horror/Mystery without Pike's usual signature paranormal element.
May 14, 2011 Sage rated it liked it
I just read this book for the second time. I was probably around the age of fourteen when I first read it. I couldn't remember anything about this book, and I wasn't entirely sure that I had read it before, though I read most of Christopher Pike's books as a tweenager. After I finished reading it for the second time I realized that this is because Execution of Innocence is one of Pike's more mediocre and forgettable novels. I'm giving it three stars instead of two (which is probably what it dese ...more
Sep 01, 2011 Cassi rated it liked it
Now THIS is what I remember Christopher Pike books to be: beautiful teens, imperfections under the perfection, a murder, teen angst/sex, etc, a cheesy twist- all in a short, short little book.
Camille rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2012
Aimee Lewis
Aimee Lewis rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2012
Mar 25, 2012 Mhnr added it
It was good :)
Katy H
Jun 09, 2012 Katy H rated it it was amazing
I've read this probably 2 or 3 times, but it's become quite fragile as it's an original copy from '97. Gosh, I feel so OLD having just said that!
Jun 19, 2012 Justin rated it liked it
Sasha Enge
Jan 31, 2013 Sasha Enge rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book, kept me turning pages and dieing to know what was going to happen next. Pike never lets me down!
Matthew rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2012
Donna Kitchens
Donna Kitchens rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2012
Erin rated it did not like it
Feb 05, 2013
Abbi Dion
GOD AWFUL. Skip. Christopher Pike did NOT write this. I'm sure of it. If he did, he wrote it when he was 14 and pulled it out of the files per the demands of his publishers to keep the mill running. This story is so lame. The characters are loathesome and boring and false as a trashy television episode. There is no depth. No message. No nothing. It is straight plot, and the plot is crap, absolute rubbish. OH MY GOD THIS BOOK SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*
Christopher Pike is a genious with plotting. Always has been, whether I was reading these as a teenager eons ago, or whether as a jaded adult I sit and read his stuff now. This nontraditional story started at the police station with two detectives interviewing two teenage girls. (p.1 - Sharp was the young sexy one, Riles the doughnut eater pushing the fabled fat forty.) A teenage boy is dead, another missing. The mystery is twisted with small changes and misdirections throughout. A quick read th ...more
Belladonna rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2013
May 14, 2013 Sarah rated it it was ok
The one was one of the most WTF that I've read yet. The beginning reads like a Christian morality pamphlet and the end you could kind of see coming as the comments that lead to it were heavy handed. Wasn't one of his better ones.
lucie parenkyuma
Jul 04, 2013 lucie parenkyuma rated it it was ok
The whole book is dragging story after a story, and it gets, well.. monotonous. Predictable, and I assure you will probably fall asleep after reading 5 or 6 pages of it.

Disappointing book from Christopher Pike!
Jul 07, 2013 Angie rated it liked it
I'm having a strange desire this summer to go back and revisit some Christopher Pike... I so loved him as a tween/teen! This is not one I had read when I was younger, I was out of my Pike phase at that point. This is typical teen horror. Nothing new or exciting, but readable and scary with a twist or two. I really wanted to find some of his early stuff I haven't read again since then, but I'm having trouble finding them. My library had only 3 and all were ones like this. They are quick reads. I ...more
Nov 01, 2013 Jess rated it did not like it
Shelves: research
This book was lacking anything for me to care about. The characters were stereotypical, the writing predictable and unoriginal. All too often the character's decision and reasoning felt less than unique and more driving the opinions of the author than the characters themselves. Thinly veiled homophobia and sexism throughout. And unfortunately a blatant example of when a man fails to write from a female perspective. Glad it was so short.
Dec 22, 2013 Zain rated it really liked it
I was 10 years old when I read this book. It was the first 'dark' book I read, containing themes for people older than me. I was utterly fascinated by the lives of these people set in a foreign (for me) land. I enjoyed the mystery element of it. It is definitely a memorable book for me.
Candice Kamencik
Jan 05, 2014 Candice Kamencik rated it it was ok
This book was not what I expected at all, in a bad way. Christopher Pike books are known for the twist at the end, for the elements of supernatural, and this had none. To be honest it read like a very watered down murder mystery. The time frame point of view switches were competently handled, but didn't add anything to the story, other then to keep the reader on their toes, waiting for a big climax that never happened. If the book even had an epilogue or something, it would have added some more ...more
Madame Jane
Jan 24, 2014 Madame Jane rated it liked it
I read other review here, and find that this was not the weakest Pike book. I find The Immortal and See You Later to be more boring and slower than Execution of Innocence. This is a well done twisted story of obession and love. The ending could have been better though.
Wendee Carpenter
Wendee Carpenter rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2014
Christopher Pike's books are usually at least decent. This one doesn't really fall into that category. The writing and grammar felt more like that of an inexperienced fanfic writer who didn't even bother with a beta reader.
Sep 15, 2015 Alia added it
Officially the worst. I have so many good books waiting to be read and yet I can't stop. 3 more and I'll have read all the Christopher Pike.
Elizabeth Hubble
Mar 10, 2016 Elizabeth Hubble rated it it was amazing
If you're looking for nostalgia and bad teenage horror this is a book for you. Don't expect a literary masterpiece but it's a quick read and in my opinion it's one of Pike's better books. Completely unbelievable but what else would you expect?
  • Thirteen Tales of Horror (Point Horror 13's)
  • Someone at the Door
  • A Christmas Without Elizabeth (Sweet Valley Twins Magna Edition #2)
  • Silent Night 2 (Fear Street Superchiller, # 5)
  • The Ugly Old Scarecrow And Other Stories (Enid Blyton's Popular Rewards Series Iii)
  • Blood Echo
  • Sexy Babe
  • Being of Two Minds
Christopher Pike is the pseudonym of Kevin McFadden. He is a bestselling author of young adult and children's fiction who specializes in the thriller genre.

McFadden was born in New York but grew up in California where he stills lives in today. A college drop-out, he did factory work, painted houses and programm
More about Christopher Pike...

“It's because you weren't in love," Mary said. "When you're in love it's beautiful. When you're not it's just dirty filthy sex. Loveless sex has no true spiritual meaning deep inside your soul. But love makes everything totally cool. Love is God's special gift to horny teenage girls and boys. It makes them feel less guilty.” 3 likes