Start by marking “Belle (story #3 from Fairy Tale Flirts!)” as Want to Read:
Belle (story #3 from Fairy Tale Flirts!)

Belle (story #3 from Fairy Tale Flirts!)

4.10  ·  Rating Details  ·  40 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
"Belle" a modern take on "Beauty and the Beast." A short story of 11,000 words.

Belle’s father is sidelined by a stroke, and she’s determined to save his job as a master carpenter for the mysterious Prince Maxim. Despite her training, completing work on the Prince’s library is harder than she imagined, with the elusive prince watching her every move from the shadows. Belle’
Published (first published January 17th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Belle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Belle

Cindi
Jun 10, 2012 Cindi rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-story, 2012
This, I loved.

This is a modern take on Beauty And The Beast.

Belle's father, who is a master carpenter, has a stroke and Belle is left with the responsibility of completing the work that he started for Prince Maxim. Maxim had been disfigured years earlier and has become a recluse. No one in his household, with the exception of his butler, has seen his face or his scars since the event that caused the injury. Hearing Belle's voice, he is instantly fascinated and attracted. He watches her work from
Deanne
Jan 23, 2013 Deanne rated it it was amazing
Beauty and the Beast is one of my all time favorite fairy tales and when I read that Ms.Scott did a novella on this I just have to read it!!!

Belle is always related to her father's lily hood , in the well known fairy tales she is a daughter of a traveling merchant , in the classic Disney movie she is a daughter of a inventor , and now on this story she is a daughter of a carpenter , what i also noticed that finally in Ms.Scott's novella Belle the beast is finally given a name!!!!!

Ohhh I just a
Alyssa White
May 18, 2013 Alyssa White rated it it was amazing
I was sucked into reading this book so quickly!
I am addicted to Lisa Scott's writing and this short was not a disappointment in the slightest!
This book really made me want to fall in love <3
Judy
Aug 24, 2013 Judy rated it it was amazing
Belle - Story 3 from Fairy Tale Flirts! By Lisa Scott
Belle Foster was off to Grimm Towers to build Prince Maxim’s bookshelves, a job her father was working on before his stroke. The mysterious prince stayed hidden because of an accident. Could Belle prove to the elusive prince that life was worth living more than worrying about what people would think of you?

I enjoy the way the author weaves her characters together in these stories. A character from one story will be mentioned in passing in a di
Charli ღ Denae
May 23, 2013 Charli ღ Denae rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fairy-tales
Belle takes over her father's job at a rich recluse's home. He's had a stroke and she's desperate to keep his job for him while her recuperates. The recluse has been scarred and allows no one to see him, but he's intrigued by Belle when he hears her voice. Keeping to the shadows, he eventually becomes friends with her and begins to trust her.

Wonderful take on Beauty and the Beast!

Lisa Scott is a terrific writer. All of her Flirt stories are fun and romantic. If you're looking for a short read,
Sandy-Sara
Sandy-Sara marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Judy
Judy added it
Jan 16, 2016
Manju Negi
Manju Negi marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2015
Leah
Leah rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2015
Holly Letson
Holly Letson marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Alissa
Alissa rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2016
T
T added it
May 24, 2015
T
T added it
May 24, 2015
Andrea Miller
Andrea Miller rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2015
Dhara
Dhara marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Mindy
Mindy rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2014
Patty
Patty rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2014
Liane
Liane rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2014
Kate
Kate rated it it was ok
Oct 06, 2014
Char McGrant
Char McGrant rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2014
Omer Mahmood
Omer Mahmood marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Rhonda Green
Rhonda Green marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Roxanne
Roxanne rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2014
Emily Lay
Emily Lay marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
Deity
Deity rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
I'm a former TV news anchor who know writes fiction for a living. I publish collections of sweet, sassy romantic short stories called Flirts! Bell Bridge books is publishing my Willowdale Romance Series. No Foolin' debuts November 25, 2012.
More about Lisa Scott...