Start by marking “The Rescue (Benotripia, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Rescue (Benotripia, #1)

The Rescue (Benotripia #1)

When her mother---the ruler of Benotripia---goes missing, Roseabelle knows she'll need the help of her best friends and their combined powers to survive the perilous journey ahead of her, rescue her mother, and save Benotripia! Written by a young author, this exciting adventure story pulls you into a true fantasy world. A suspenseful and addicting read!
Paperback, 1st, 136 pages
Published September 11th 2012 by Cedar Fort, Inc. (first published September 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Rescue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rescue

Joella www.cinjoella.com
Feb 18, 2013 Joella www.cinjoella.com rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, juvenile
This book was written by a girl who is 11 as of 2012. So, that in and of itself is crazy. A published author at that age. However, the 120 some odd pages were just a little unbelievable for me. I think it is great how well she has done for a story from someone her age. And I think that most of the plot holes that I found would not be something that a 2nd grader would be all that upset about. But, there were many plot holes. And the "show don't tell" part of the story wasn't always there. BUT she ...more
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
This book is written for a younger reader. I had to keep in mind while reading the book that it is written in a way that children would relate to and enjoy.

McKenzie Wagner is eleven years old. The book lacks the detail of an older and more experienced writer, but gives enough that you can follow along with the story. It is more simplistic than the books that I usually read, but that is a plus for children. Too many details bog down the story for them. I really think that the target audience, chi
Heidi
Roseabelle and her friends, Jessicana and Astro are fun characters with some interesting powers. Powers I wouldn't mind having, like being able to change into a bird. I'd never need another car. :) Astro can shoot lightning from his fingertips which is cool in a fight, maybe not so practical in the real world. Roseabelle and her friends live on the island of Benotripia, where Roseabelle's mother, Danette governs. Roseabelle and her friends attend a training school where they are learning to use ...more
Rhonda
Jan 27, 2013 Rhonda rated it really liked it
Sunday, January 27, 2013Benotripia: The Rescue by McKenzie Wagner
4 STARS

I am totally impressed with McKenzie Wagner an 11 year old who can write a well thought out story. Her characters were well defined, settings were great, powers were good. I would recommend this book. Probably for older elementry readers or parents who want a good adventure story to read to thier kids. I was not board or lost when reading it.

Roseabella finds that her mother Danette is missing and she is the ruler of Benotri
Cathy
Aug 23, 2012 Cathy rated it really liked it
Roseabelle lives a fairly normal life, she goes to her school, or training to use her talents with her personal trainer Shelby, she has a couple of best friends, Jessicana and Astro, and her mom, Danette is the queen of their country, Benotripia. Life couldn't be better, until one afternoon when Shelby disappears for the afternoon, Roseabelle is sent home and discovers that her mom has been kidnapped by another country. She, Jessicana and Astro must journey to that other country, Darvonia, and r ...more
Emily (Infinite Lives, Infinite Stories)
Read my Review Here
I love supporting new and young authors. I couldn't believe McKenzie wrote and published her own book at the wee age of 11. I am extremely impressed with her writing and character development. I hope it encourages other young aspiring authors to continue to pursue their dreams. It is incredible that a girl her age wrote over 100 pages. Given, her young age, the story is obviously not flawless. Nothing ever is. But you can definitely tell how much time and effort it went into c
Nancy
Jul 06, 2015 Nancy rated it it was ok
I realize the author was 11 years old when she published this book. That is amazing and commendable and she should be encouraged in developing her skills. I have rated the book a little harshly, if you are going to take her age into account. I think it is best. I didn't think the book was fantastic. I do think the author's efforts were awesome and her future looks bright, if people will actually help her grow and develop.

The story isn't anything new, but there are some imaginative twists on thin
Maddie Lund
Mar 19, 2015 Maddie Lund rated it it was amazing
This book is a really good book. It is fast to read, and is perfect for you if you love fantasy and action. It takes place on a island with people who all have different magical powers. It is full of detail and I have read it about 3 or 4 times and never get tired of it. I got to meet the author and got her autograph and she told me about the book. I was so interested and I bought it. I love it so much and can't wait to read the other books in the series!
Callee
Oct 22, 2012 Callee rated it it was ok
Umm, I thought it was ok. My 7 year old (who I was reading it to) thought it was great. I'm impressed that the author is so young. My biggest complaint of the book was all the names! Nothing is simple anymore. EVERY single name in the book was so flipping long and complicated I lost Interest very quickly and shortened everything so it was easier to read out loud.
Heather Jensen
Jan 17, 2015 Heather Jensen rated it liked it
Ugh. I honestly didn't like this book, and probably would have given it only one star, but I took into consideration that the author is 11 and upped it.
It was just... boring. And hard to get through. I only read it because my grandparents handed it to me.
Kimberly
Jun 12, 2015 Kimberly rated it it was ok
My students talked me into reading this one to them at the end of the school year. The author is 11 years old! The students loved it! I was not that in love with it. It is a good book for 3rd-5th graders. Fun fantasy read.
Meigon
May 15, 2013 Meigon rated it really liked it
This is a book that it mainly about a daughter who is trying to get her mother back from the 'other' people. But... in this land... these people have powers!
You will have to read the book to find out the rest... ;)
Mamahair
Jan 20, 2014 Mamahair rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome book. My 9 year old says it is the best fantasy book he has read in a long time. There is so much fun and fantasy and nothing dark! I have two boys 9 and 12 year old, and they both love it!
Jessica
Jan 28, 2013 Jessica rated it liked it
This was a fun story and I look forward to sharing the book with my young family members. The story is easy to follow, the characters are likeable, and I think kids will be inspired by the book to expand their imaginations.
Mindy
Sep 23, 2012 Mindy rated it liked it
Very fun and fast paced read. Great for kids looking for an adventure. Part of the blog tour, full review coming Sept. 29.
Mads4you
Sep 13, 2013 Mads4you rated it liked it
I read this to my third grade class and they loved it. It didn't tickle my fancy but I am impressed at the quality of writing coming from an 11 year old.
Emma
Mar 28, 2013 Emma rated it really liked it
This amazing book is writen by an eleven year old. It is a book that you just want to keep reading.
Angie
May 11, 2016 Angie rated it liked it
I gave this 3 stars because my daughter enjoyed it. My daughter will have to finish the other 2 by herself though :)
Jolie Mecham
Mar 24, 2014 Jolie Mecham rated it it was amazing
A fun and exciting book written by an eleven year old who inspired me to write my own book.With cool powers, crazy creatures, and good word choice, this has to be the best book I have ever read!
Zachary
Zachary rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2014
Mitchell
Mitchell rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2014
Allison
Allison rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2014
Selma Maric
Selma Maric rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2016
J Davenport
J Davenport rated it really liked it
May 29, 2015
Taunya
Taunya rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2013
Alicia Flanagan
Alicia Flanagan rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2012
Karleigh
Karleigh rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2014
Sally
Sally rated it it was ok
Mar 30, 2016
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it really liked it
May 12, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Mckenzie Wagner is fourteen years of age and has adored reading since she was four years old. She is best known for the Benotripia series and "The Magic Meadow and the Golden Locket." Her new release "Casters of Doovik" will come out on September 8th.

McKenzie wishes to obtain an English degree and continue in her pursuit and love of writing. She currently resides in Utah with her mom, dad, and el
More about McKenzie Wagner...

Benotripia (4 books)
  • The Stones of Horsh (Benotripia, #2)
  • Keys to the Dream World (Benotripia, #3)
  • Benotripia: The Complete Trilogy