Benotripia: The Rescue

Benotripia: The Rescue

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  16 reviews
When her mother---the ruler of Benotripia---goes missing, Roseabelle knows she'll need the help of her best friends and their combined powers to survive the perilous journey ahead of her, rescue her mother, and save Benotripia! Written by a young author, this exciting adventure story pulls you into a true fantasy world. A suspenseful and addicting read!
Paperback, 1st, 136 pages
Published September 11th 2012 by Cedar Fort, Inc. (first published September 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Benotripia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Benotripia

Joella www.cinjoella.com
This book was written by a girl who is 11 as of 2012. So, that in and of itself is crazy. A published author at that age. However, the 120 some odd pages were just a little unbelievable for me. I think it is great how well she has done for a story from someone her age. And I think that most of the plot holes that I found would not be something that a 2nd grader would be all that upset about. But, there were many plot holes. And the "show don't tell" part of the story wasn't always there. BUT she...more
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
This book is written for a younger reader. I had to keep in mind while reading the book that it is written in a way that children would relate to and enjoy.

McKenzie Wagner is eleven years old. The book lacks the detail of an older and more experienced writer, but gives enough that you can follow along with the story. It is more simplistic than the books that I usually read, but that is a plus for children. Too many details bog down the story for them. I really think that the target audience, chi...more
Heidi
Roseabelle and her friends, Jessicana and Astro are fun characters with some interesting powers. Powers I wouldn't mind having, like being able to change into a bird. I'd never need another car. :) Astro can shoot lightning from his fingertips which is cool in a fight, maybe not so practical in the real world. Roseabelle and her friends live on the island of Benotripia, where Roseabelle's mother, Danette governs. Roseabelle and her friends attend a training school where they are learning to use...more
Cathy
Roseabelle lives a fairly normal life, she goes to her school, or training to use her talents with her personal trainer Shelby, she has a couple of best friends, Jessicana and Astro, and her mom, Danette is the queen of their country, Benotripia. Life couldn't be better, until one afternoon when Shelby disappears for the afternoon, Roseabelle is sent home and discovers that her mom has been kidnapped by another country. She, Jessicana and Astro must journey to that other country, Darvonia, and r...more
Rhonda
Sunday, January 27, 2013Benotripia: The Rescue by McKenzie Wagner
4 STARS

I am totally impressed with McKenzie Wagner an 11 year old who can write a well thought out story. Her characters were well defined, settings were great, powers were good. I would recommend this book. Probably for older elementry readers or parents who want a good adventure story to read to thier kids. I was not board or lost when reading it.

Roseabella finds that her mother Danette is missing and she is the ruler of Benotri...more
Jolie Mecham
A fun and exciting book written by an eleven year old who inspired me to write my own book.
Mamahair
This is an awesome book. My 9 year old says it is the best fantasy book he has read in a long time. There is so much fun and fantasy and nothing dark! I have two boys 9 and 12 year old, and they both love it!
Callee
Umm, I thought it was ok. My 7 year old (who I was reading it to) thought it was great. I'm impressed that the author is so young. My biggest complaint of the book was all the names! Nothing is simple anymore. EVERY single name in the book was so flipping long and complicated I lost Interest very quickly and shortened everything so it was easier to read out loud.
Jessica
This was a fun story and I look forward to sharing the book with my young family members. The story is easy to follow, the characters are likeable, and I think kids will be inspired by the book to expand their imaginations.
Meigon
This is a book that it mainly about a daughter who is trying to get her mother back from the 'other' people. But... in this land... these people have powers!
You will have to read the book to find out the rest... ;)
Mads4you
I read this to my third grade class and they loved it. It didn't tickle my fancy but I am impressed at the quality of writing coming from an 11 year old.
Mindy
Very fun and fast paced read. Great for kids looking for an adventure. Part of the blog tour, full review coming Sept. 29.
Emma
This amazing book is writen by an eleven year old. It is a book that you just want to keep reading.
Carrie
Well, this is pretty decent for an 11-year-old author. Very imaginative.
Patty Abel
Good for an 11 year old. Lets leave it at that.
Brit Oreos
Good and weird.
Becca
Becca marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Janet
Janet added it
Aug 19, 2014
Cassandra
Cassandra marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Jean
Jean is currently reading it
Jun 07, 2014
Meghan Hunt
Meghan Hunt marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
May
May added it
Mar 22, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Mckenzie Wagner is twelve years of age and has adored reading since she was four years old. Her love of books inspired her to write a book of her own and she completed the first book of “The Magic Wall Series”, “The Magic Meadow and the Golden Locket” at the early age seven and the second book “The Blue Lagoon and the Magic Coin” shortly thereafter.

McKenzie wishes to obtain an English degree, tea...more
More about McKenzie Wagner...
The Stones of Horsh The Magic Meadow and the Golden Locket Benotripia: Keys to the Dream World (Book 3)