Start by marking “Frisky Business” as Want to Read:
Frisky Business

Frisky Business

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  298 ratings  ·  53 reviews
Romy Fitzgerald runs a successful business, has great friends & knows what she wants. But when her father dies she's suddenly not so sure anymore. When she has a one-night stand at a party, she tells things she's never told anyone. Then Romy finds out she's pregnant & has to face awkward questions about what really happened that night.
Published June 1st 2012 by Hachette Books Ireland

To ask other readers questions about Frisky Business, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frisky Business

❃*゚*✿。【Yasmine】。✿*゚*❃
Sweet chic-lit romance, some LOLs and without the pretence

Frisky Business is very much about people getting their wires crossed and the funny things that occur when they do. I enjoyed the ride, some very sweet moments, lots of funny happenings, good characters, just felt a little longer than it needs to be.
Meredith

Originally posted on The Librarian Next Door:

Romy Fitzgerald was the quintessential good girl. She was a good student in school, built up her on successful business and always figured marriage and children were in her future, someday. Then one Halloween, she has a fling with a guy in a Darth Vader costume and winds up giving birth to baby Luke nine months later. Though his arrival in the world was unconventional, Romy loves her son more than anything. She just wishes she could tell him more abou

This hilarious story is brought to us by Clodagh Murphy, a relatively new writer on the scene, this is her third book. While beginning this book I had my doubts that I would be stepping into a cheesy tongue in cheek typically chick litty book but boy was I surprised. It was so funny from the get go I instantly fell in love. Clodagh Murphy has taken a huge risk in delving into the world of sex with this one and I congratulate her on a risk worth taking.
Romy Fitzgerald is a newly single mother af
Chanpreet
Romy did something out of the ordinary and now has a 3 month old baby to show for it. Unfortunately, she doesn't know who the father is because she never saw his face or exchanged names. But she loves Luke her son and knows the odds of finding the father, or Darth Vader, as she knows him are really slim.

Oh my goodness! I loved this book! I'm going to have to write a review in the morning! It's bed time now! To elucidate, I finished reading this book at about 2:30 am. It was really hard to stop o
Melindeeloo
3 star = I liked it. Romy has a one night stand with a masked man at a Halloween party, and the result was baby Luke - So named because dad was dressed as Darth Vader. Now a year later Romy is trying to find Darth so she can let him know about his son.

On the whole I liked Frisky Business, what made it work for me was that leading lady Romy and the supporting cast were likeable and well developed - I especially liked both of the extended families in the story and their interactions.

In the nits c
Tia
Definitely a great read. I will most certainly look out for this author in the future. I enjoyed the novel so much adn was so surprised how well written it was. It was a mystery to the very end, even if I was hoping for the ending I was given. It's funny how the hero turned out not to be the hero until the 'real' hero came back along.
ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥
Romy Fitzgerald gets knocked up after a one-night-stand with Darth Vader. Not THE Darth Vader of course but a guy wearing his custom in a Halloween party. Romy always thought that David, the guy who was throwing the party and who was married, would leave his wife for her. Until this hook-up happened. Nine months later, She gives birth to a boy she names as Luke (nice Clodagh *wink*). She wonders who this father might be.

Featuring on this story is Kit Masterson, who is Romy's HS boyfriend.

idk wha
Debdatta D. Sahay (b00k r3vi3ws)
Romy Fitzgerald is a ‘good girl’, who has always had her life planned out. Good education, a nice career, a nice boyfriend and marriage. Knowing her, one wouldn’t expect her to do something like having sex with a stranger and ending up pregnant. But that’s exactly what happened. While Luke’s arrival into this world wasn’t exactly planned in Romy’s life, she loves her son and wants a good life for her son. She wishes to be able to tell her son about his father but her endeavors to finding out his ...more
Mary
Funny and sweet (without cheesy and corny business)

It's been a long time I don't read this kind of book, where everybody are happy, normal, kind, and sweet.
Romy got knock out after her first and only one night stand without knowing her partner in crime. She and her bestfriend had tried to find the father of her son, Luke, with no result.
Then she met Kit, her ex-boyfriend years ago in high school. Out of nowhere Kit asked her to be his fake girlfriend. She agreed to go for it although Kit never g
TrishM
Is there ever an upside to a cold, wet holdiay weekend? Defintiely if, like me, you spent it reading Frisky Business, Clodagh Murphy's latest romantic comedy. I loved her previous two books but I have to say this one has become my favourite.
All the things I liked about her previous books are here. She has a real flair for writing dialogue and it's as funny, clever and sparky as ever in here. There's laugh out loud comedy, mystery, romance and even a comic take on BDSM, plus another brilliant cas
Sharon
Having read Clodagh Murphy's previous two books I was eagerly awaiting frisky business to come out. Well it was well worth the wait I was not disappointed. This book has a bit of everything in it. Humour, mystery, romance, all rolled in to a wonderful warm imaginative story that Clodagh creates & writes perfectly as usual. I instantly took a liking to Romy & all the characters, they had me completely drawn into their lives. I was so keen to keep reading to find out what was the secret th ...more
Ellelou
DNF at 36%... Don't know where to start...I might have to come back and write something but at the moment I'm annoyed I wasted my time..
Aileen
Romy Fitzgerald is a single mum to Luke and property developer. Luke was conceived in a cupboard at a Halloween Party by a handsome stranger in a Darth Vader costume she doesn’t know his name. A year later she decides to throw a Halloween Party and invite everyone that was at the party the previous year in the effort to find Luke’s father but does he turn up? Kit her ex and first love is back from New York unemployed and staying with his parents but will Romy ever find Luke’s father. Or is he ri ...more
Kahlil☀
Erin
This is the second book of Clodagh's that I've read and after reading Some Girls Do at the start of this year I was on the hunt for more of her work. The blurb of this book caught my eye and it sounded like it would be right up my street.

The story is all about main character Romy and her search for her son Luke's father. All she knows is that an encounter with Darth Vader at last year's Halloween party has turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to her. The story follows her as her se
Gelay
I loved the twist and turns as I was reading the book. Different from what I've been reading but in a good way and it was fun going through such a roller coaster of their lives all the while having fits of laughter. I don't want to spoil anything, but I'm glad things turned out the way they did. All the characters were really lovable. From May's crazy antics to Lesley incident room and Ethan's sweet disposition (he really was such a sweetie and my favorite character in the book).
NurFasha
JenRider
Dear Clodagh Murphy,

Please write the scene where Romy tells the family about Luke's real father. Having read the other two scenes of family revelations I can only imagine how fun this one will be..

Thank you for an excellent book..
Claire Allan
Loved it - just absolutely adored this book. Funny, moving, littered with wonderful characters, brilliant one liners, warmth and humour. Will be a wee bit bereft with out now. Just fab... Clodagh's best yet.
Rachel
Woo hoo! Finally got to read tho one and it was AMAZING! I thought I had it all figured out and I was disappointed because it was so obvious, then...BLAM! Plot twist! I didn't see it coming and it was great!
Marieke
At first I was not very sure where this book was going. At the very beginning we were told that Romy had a dark secret about her dad but we were not allowed to know what it was and it made me afraid this was going to be one of those “she has a dark secret that could jeopardize everything she has” kind of books. Luckily it did not go that way.

I also wasn’t as much into Kit as much as I should. But as I was reading he grew on me. (view spoiler)
Lei
Oct 14, 2012 Lei rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
Oh, this one's good. It's funny and romantic, and damn I was even blindsided. All the mention of Star Wars made my geeky heart flutter!!! That was a definite plus.
Megan Munjak
This was such a cute book. You thought you knew who the father was and then curve balls kept being thrown in your face! Equal parts "aw" and "oh-la-la".
Claire
Hilarious read and totally un putdownable
Kevin I Heart.. Chick Lit
I've enjoyed this so much!
Lori Petticrew
What a breath of fresh air!
Wyrdness
This was rather sweet and funny in places and unlike a lot of other romances it dealt with the characters as people and wasn't all about the sex, but it did have some faults.

For one thing I had to roll my eyes at the BDSM misunderstanding that seemed never ending because it was so over the top and would have been easily fixed if anyone had just come out and asked about it. For another the whole Romy & Kit thing dragged on for far longer than I think it really needed to, even after most of t
Ellen
This was absolutely hilarious. I laughed so hard.
All the characters are well characters. Lesley is brilliant and I hope she one day gets her own story. From her searching for Vader to the BDSM/Vanilla/Elton thing in her incident nook and her support for Romy the whole way through the story. She was great.

May, Danny, Kit, Ethan, Laura, Colm, Hannah, Tank, Wedgie I could go on naming the awesome characters but it would take forever.

My only complaint is I wasn't really sure that Kit wasn't the hero
Samantha Janning
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I’ll be honest – when I first started reading this book, I wasn’t quite sure why it was written. There didn’t seem to be any intrigue, any mystery, and I was really actually disappointed. While I don’t like giving much away in my reviews, I will say that I was pleasantly surprised to find that maybe the plot wasn’t as straight-forward as I thought in the beginning. As I kept reading, I kept getting more and more excited and intrigue
Beth
good heavens. this book was hilarious. why aren't the rest of clodagh murphy's books not on e-book? quintessential chick lit, even though I figured out a bunch of the plot twists well in advance I really didn't care.
What's The Name o...: SOLVED. One Night Stand -Darth Vader- Pregnant [s] 4 23 Jan 25, 2015 11:43AM
  • Tokyo Hearts
  • The Davina Code
  • Coming Home for Christmas
  • First Time Lucky?
  • The Forbidden Ferrara (Ferrara #2)
  • Hattie Wilkinson Meets Her Match
  • Lifesaving for Beginners
  • The Chocolate Touch  (Amour et Chocolat #4)
  • A Sealed Fate
  • The Rose of Blacksword
  • White-Hot Christmas
  • Burning Embers
2741952
I was born and brought up in Dublin, with my two brothers and two sisters. I had a very happy childhood until I was 5, when I was sent to school. I spent the next thirteen years waiting to leave. After school I went to university to study French and Spanish, but I dropped out after a year.

In my early twenties I moved to London to seek my fortune. I didn't find it, but I had a lot of fun while I wa
More about Clodagh Murphy...
Some Girls Do The Disengagement Ring Girl in a Spin Scenes of a Sexual Nature Der letzte Exfreund meines Lebens: Roman