Start by marking “Story: Our Journey of Heartache and Grace from Eden to Evermore” as Want to Read:
Story: Our Journey of Heartache and Grace from Eden to Evermore

Story: Our Journey of Heartache and Grace from Eden to Evermore

Stories are an integral part of the human condition, the way we have passed on history and information and inspiration for millenia. Using the power of imagery and the drama of narrative, bestselling author and professional storyteller Steven James leads readers through a journey into the greatest story ever told. From creation to Christ's birth, from his first miracle to ...more
Published August 1st 2012 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Story

Melanie
Jul 18, 2012 Melanie rated it it was ok
Review on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R2PJZKSV...
Review on my blog: http://christianbookshelfreviews.blog...

Story by Steven James was an okay read. I didn't particularly care for a lot of things in the book - especially how many times it made it seem like God said something, that isn't in the Bible, so how are we to know if He actually said it? That is one of my pet-peeves with books, it is like putting words in God's mouth and that isn't right.

A few examples:
"Thanks," said Jesus. He to
Victor Gentile
Aug 26, 2012 Victor Gentile rated it it was amazing
Steven James in his new book,, “Story” by Revell explores Our Journey of Heartache and Grace from Eden to Evermore.

From the Back Cover: Recapture the mystery of God’s story

With stunning imagery, powerful poetry, and real-life drama, Story is an inspiring journey from the creation of the world to eternity and everything in between. Consummate storyteller Steven James threads together familiar scenes from Scripture that will awaken your faith and inspire you to live in the reality of Christ’s sacr
TAMMY CUEVAS
Aug 28, 2012 TAMMY CUEVAS rated it it was amazing
Imagine a Story that begins before the Beginning and has no End; that begins in total Darkness and ends with total Light. It's a Story of absolute Love vs. absolute evil; the ultimate "happily ever after", where ever after never ends. It's the Story of Stories, and the beautiful thing is that it's all true.

Steven James has done something no one else has done, to my knowledge, at least. He has taken the Bible and the complete story of Grace and Salvation and told it in story form. Interwoven with
Sunflower
Aug 27, 2012 Sunflower rated it it was amazing
Blend of poetry, journal like entries, a reflective story telling tone, "Story: Our Journey of Heartache and Grace from Eden to Evermore" by Steven James is a personal look through the whole Bible; Blending familiar tales with writing that brings the reader in, as if reading the personal journal of Steven James, I was captivated how Steven was able to blend the modern with the ever-lasting, bringing to life, the Bible.

Not a usual commentary of the Bible,"Story: Our Journey of Heartache and Grace
Meagan Myhren-bennett
Aug 26, 2012 Meagan Myhren-bennett rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian-living
STORY

Our Journey of Heartaches and Grace from Eden to Evermore

by Steven James

To fully understand Easter we have to go back to the very beginning or else our understanding is as if we had come in on the last act of a movie.

Easter's roots go back to the beginning of time. Before Creation there was God and darkness. Then God created. God created someone He could love, someone He could share the rest of His creation with.

But Adam and Eve weren't satisfied with the knowledge of good and the love of G
Aug 22, 2012 Laura rated it it was amazing
Title: STORY
Author: Steven James
Publisher: Revell
August 2012
ISBN 978-0-8007-2065-0
Genre: Christian Living

For those of you who came to Steve James through his Patrick Bower series (as I did), you need to know from the start that the author is shifting gears in STORY. You need to know that, so that you can shift gears with him. It’s time to slow down, and consider with him the history – of us. It’s been used to the point of becoming cliché, but history is HIS story. It’s God’s story about himself,
Margaret Chind
Jul 18, 2012 Margaret Chind rated it it was ok
Recommended to Margaret by: Donna Hausler
The first thing I can tell you is that Story has an absolutely incredible cover, completely beautiful and enchanting. When I first read about this book I was intrigued. I have not read fiction from Steven James, but my mother has read a few that I own of his and did not like them. However the aspect of this book was appealing to me and when it arrived I was shocked at first with how short it is – not sure how to cover the entirety of Eden to Evermore in 200 pages give or take. A little bit into ...more
Ibjoy1953 Hannabass
Sep 10, 2012 Ibjoy1953 Hannabass rated it it was amazing
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK

In his new book “Story” Steven James takes the reader through the entire Bible from Eden to eternity in a way you’ve never read it before. The author takes Bible stories most of us have heard from childhood, and adds his emotional drama to them through his poetic writing with the most awesome detail. I could feel the stories come to life as I read them. You just have to read them for yourself to understand, I just can’t do justice writing it all down.

Steven James has a un
Lou
Nov 06, 2013 Lou rated it really liked it
Enjoyable and makes you stop to think about your interest in the Bible. I was interested in how it made me stop to ponder certain readings and gave my heart and mind something to work thru. A short read yet very meaningful. Some good poetry. He uses the message version of the Bible... not a favorite of mine.
Henry McLaughlin
Mar 04, 2014 Henry McLaughlin rated it really liked it
Beautifully and powerfully written. A deeply personal exploration of Jesus, who He is, and what He means.
A book that makes you think and also touches your heart as you explore your own relationship with our Savior.
Patriciaw
Patriciaw rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2012
Marinde
Marinde rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2016
Lynn
Lynn rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2012
John
John rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2014
Jennifer Dillaha
Jennifer Dillaha rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2012
Mark
Mark rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2012
Luke Scott
Luke Scott rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2014
Tara Roland
Tara Roland rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2017
Clark Tanner
Clark Tanner rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2015
Ronna Brant
Ronna Brant rated it did not like it
Sep 14, 2015
Robin Molnar
Robin Molnar marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2012
Peggy
Peggy added it
Aug 15, 2012
Lauren Lynch
Lauren Lynch marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2012
Larry
Larry marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2012
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2012
Lynn Hayne
Lynn Hayne marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2012
Jennifer Jerles
Jennifer Jerles marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2012
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2012
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2012
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2012
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2012
Kathrine Ann
Kathrine Ann marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2012
Travis Hutchins
Travis Hutchins marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2012
Molly Jackson
Molly Jackson marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2012
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2013
Sangli Dass
Sangli Dass marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2013
Steven James
Jul 30, 2013 Steven James added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2013
Delores
Delores marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2013
Brenda Taylor
Brenda Taylor marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2013
Ming-Wai
Ming-Wai marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
Timothy Kauphusman
Timothy Kauphusman marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Lacy Lovett
Lacy Lovett marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Gloria Hogg
Gloria Hogg marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Kahri Lynn
Kahri Lynn marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Kaci
Kaci marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Meghansde
Meghansde marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Amelia
Amelia marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Steven James is a national bestselling novelist whose award-winning, pulse-pounding thrillers continue to gain wide critical acclaim and a growing fan base.

After consulting with a former undercover FBI agent and doing extensive research on cybercrimes, Steven wrote his latest thriller, EVERY CROOKED PATH--a taut, twist-filled page turner that is available now wherever books are sold.

If you've nev
More about Steven James...