Start by marking “Elbert Hubbard's Scrap Book: Containing the Inspired and Inspiring Selections Gathered During a Life Time of Discriminating Reading for His Own Use” as Want to Read:

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  8 reviews
"No man is worth his salt who is not ready at all times to risk his body, to risk his well-being, to risk his life, in a great cause." -Theodore Roosevelt Filled with some of the best words of wisdom ever written, this little volume is sure to uplift any reader. Elbert Hubbard spent much of his life carefully collecting significant quotes from throughout history. He loved ...more
Paperback
Published November 30th 1999 by Pelican Publishing Company (first published June 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Elbert Hubbard's Scrap Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elbert Hubbard's Scrap Book

Jenny
Sep 19, 2008 Jenny rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jenny by: Dr. James Connors
I have the original 1923 leather covered version of this AMAZING work. It was a gift from my mentor and although I have not finished reading it cover-to-cover, I already LOVE, LOVE,LOVE this book. It is the very essence of what readers like myself do... we collect the "nuggets" of truth that we connect with and put them in a safe place where we can re-visit them from time to time.
Cynthia Egbert
Read this and then go to work on making your own "scrap book". Not like what we think of as scrapbooking today, but a file of quotes and short stories and inspirational items that help keep you on track.
Karey
I came across an old paper edition of this in a used bookstore in Maine. I loved it and gave it away to a friend. I didn't know it was going to be so hard to find another used copy. Then, when my Aunt Liberty passed away (at the age of 100, born on the Fourth of July in the year 1900), I got a bunch of her books. This was one of them. A leather bound edition. It is somewhat crumbly, but the words are just as uplifting and dear to my soul.
B.
Excellent source for quotes. I had never heard of Elbert Hubbard before finding this book on the discounted rack at Barnes and Noble. Definately a good find! Hubbard was a publisher and craftsman. This book is a compilation of his ventures, favorite exerpts of books, quotes, etc. I believe it is out of print and feel very lucky to have a copy of this in my book collection!
Ronda Parsons
My copy of this book orignally belonged to my grandmother and was passed to me by my mother. I am a third generation lover of Mr. Hubbard's collection of ideas, prose and quotes. This book is a treasure trove and still feels current and relevant, although it was published in 1923. I think it should be a part of every thinking person's library.
Erika
I can never seem to finish this book, as it is a collection of short essays, poems, letters, etc. Some are very engaging, some not. It is still on my bedstand, and has been for the past 12 months.
Daniel
Wow. Old Books!

I really enjoyed this. A collection of quotes and insights from some old traditionalist from the early to mid 1900's.
J
What is this fascination with what page I'm on? As if I read all books in some sort of pre-ordained sequential order. Pah!
Mary Lou
Mary Lou marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Georgia Smith
Georgia Smith is currently reading it
Dec 08, 2014
Savannah Sherman
Savannah Sherman marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Learner
Learner is currently reading it
Oct 12, 2014
Matias
Matias marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Donald Smith
Donald Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Jatin mt
Jatin mt marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Carlos Gonzalez
Carlos Gonzalez marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Unal
Unal marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Lee Jones
Lee Jones marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Ruchika
Ruchika marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Jane Saira
Jane Saira marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Vinodguglani
Vinodguglani marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Tonya
Tonya marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Aj Cadavedo
Aj Cadavedo marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2014
Ar
Ar marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Elbert Green Hubbard was an American writer, publisher, artist, and philosopher. He was an influential exponent of the Arts and Crafts movement and is, perhaps, most famous for his essay A Message to Garcia.

Also known as Fra Elbert Green, for the magazine he edited, Fra.

from http://freepages.history.rootsweb.anc...
More about Elbert Hubbard...
A Message to Garcia A Message to Garcia: And Other Classic Success Writings Love, Life and Work Little Journeys to the Homes of the Great, Vol. 1 John Jacob Astor

“So long as governments set the example of killing their enemies, private individuals will occasionally kill theirs.” 40 likes