A You're Adorable

A You're Adorable

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  141 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Children will be delighted by this clever romp through the alphabet where a lively company of children and assorted pets scamper across the bright pages and through the letters from A to Z. With warm and charming illustrations by Martha Alexander, this popular song of the 1940s has become a captivating picture book for all ages. Full color.
Published January 1st 1996 by Turtleback Books (first published January 20th 1994)

Margaret
What a cute little book. AppleBlossom picked this one out her self. She pulled it from the shelf and carried it around the library as I looked for other things. Each page has a letter for the reader to share with the child, such as "A You're Adorable" and "B You're So Beautiful". This little book is so cute and although it does not contain the entire alphabet as they take some short cuts it really is cute. I'm not a fan of "I for Idolize" but outside of that it is a cute book to share some reall...more
Julianna
This book was so cute, and it really touched my heart as I read it. The compliments that they come up with for every letter in the alphabet are really cute and I want to buy a copy for my home as soon as possible, so that I can read it to my little brothers and my nephew and everybody else!
Mckinley
A song I learned to sing when I was very young.
Terry
The illustrations are cute, but there isn't much else to the book. There are more engaging, fun A-B-C books out there. This seemed to be a great book because of its lyrical quality (and s/he loves music), but it didn't fly.

To read our full review (complete with the kids' opinions!) go to The Reading Tub®.
Mrs. Downs
GR Level: NR

Elementary: E ALE

This is a book that has the lyrics to the song A, You're Adorable. This is a song that would be applicable for a parent to sing to a child while teaching the ABC's. It gives an adjective that starts with almost each letter of the alphabet.
Betty Huber
Great book for babies under 12 months. The words are a song from the 1940s and it's fun to sing to your baby. The pictures are old-fashioned and kind of hokey, but Thomas seems to love them. He grabs for this book all the time if only to shove it into his mouth -- could be the eyecatching yellow cover.
I love this song and I love this book! This is the sweetest book - I love the illustrations and my daughter loves it when I read/sing this book to her. We've only had it a few days and she's starting to sing "A. . . adorable". I bought several copies - I think this will make a great gift!
Tricia
The storytime sub shared this today. Apparently there's an old song and these are the lyrics. Basically it's an ABC of why you love your kid. Super sweet, plus you could use it to discuss anything from the alphabet to adjectives (yeah, that's the teacher in me).
Jackie
A You're Adorable is a sweet introduction to the alphabet for baby. Full of delightful, soft illustrations that will warm the reader's heart, it serves as a lyrical love song to a special little person in one's life.
Brooke
The words of the book are actually lyrics to a 1940's song. I got the music from a free website on-line and sing the words instead of just reading the book, Sammy loves it, even with my terrible voice.
Vivian
Valentine's is about giving COMPLIMENTS.

What better way to do this than with an alphabet song like this?
(This would be fun to adapt to flip cards--holding up the letters as you sing the words).
Amy Rae
I found this one charmingly rereadable, and I love the illustrations.
Erica
This is a book that has the lyrics to the song A, You're Adorable. This is a song that would be perfect for a parent to sing to their child. It even has sheet music.
Zoey
A darling old song with cute old- fashioned illustrations. Not really intended as an alphabet book or a teaching tool, this appeals simply as a love song to sing to a little one.
Shanshad Whelan
If you like Martha Alexander's illustrations and sweet text, it's worthwhile, but it's not going to be very useful as a concept book for the alphabet.
Megan
The first time through, I wasn't really impressed, but then I looked up the original song that provides the words for this book, and it was kind of catchy.
Erin
I LOVE THIS BOOOOK!!!!!!!!! I read it when i was like 5 and i always loved sing the song...

A YOUR ADORABLE
B YOUR SO BEAUTIFUL....
Maren Prestegaard
i can't believe people made money on this book. lazy, boring, ridiculous. i hate it when they clump letters together to speed things up.
R. C.
A sweet song in a book that my preschooler is enjoying as an alphabet journey years after he liked it as a playful sing a long.
Mandy
Fun because I know the song from my grandma. I don't love the pictures that much though...
Beverly
Martha Alexander's sweet illustrations are as adorable as the song they illustrate.
Nancy
The song's been around since the 1940s--a must for any alphabet collection!
Quiana Vidal
My toddler didn't show much interest in it but it is a cute book.
Lizannegruber
This is an outstanding Board Bood!! Better than most!! Loved it!!
Claire
Best for 0-3 years old, letter knowledge. Good ABC book.
Lyndsay
May 24, 2008 Lyndsay rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any mother
Recommended to Lyndsay by: Mashell
I love to read and sing this book to James and Brynn!
Hilary
A story to sing! Super! Illustrations are just right.
Ann
50 Books to Read to Your Baby(2013 Meade Co.)
Charming and delightfully illustrated.
  • Oh!
  • Is Your Buffalo Ready for Kindergarten?
  • All of Baby, Nose to Toes
  • Global Babies
  • April and Esme Tooth Fairies
  • No Bears
  • Chicken Dance
Born in Georgia, Martha attended the Cincinnati Academy of Art, and lived in many places, including New York, Alaska, and Washington state, before settling in Honolulu, Hawaii. She had two children, eight grandchildren, and 10 great-grandchildren. Martha Alexander died in 2006.
More about Martha Alexander...
Poems and Prayers for the Very Young Blackboard Bear Max and the Dumb Flower Picture And My Mean Old Mother Will Be Sorry, Blackboard Bear When the New Baby Comes, I'm Moving Out