Start by marking “The Gathering (Wild Talents, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Gathering (Wild Talents, #1)

The Gathering (Wild Talents #1)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  9 reviews
You’d think the ability to read minds would be a gift, but, if it were, high-school student Angelica Jones would like an exchange. Being a sixteen-year-old girl is stressful enough without knowing your insecurities are justified. Thanks to her talent, she knows her mother thinks she’s a slacker, her principal has some highly inappropriate fantasies about her, and pretty mu ...more
Published May 2012 by Scott Sherman

To ask other readers questions about The Gathering, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gathering

JSidelinger
I loved the first book in a new series by Scott Sherman. The story can be read by young adults or adults and centers around four high school friends all with special abilities. Scott Sherman wrote the "First You Fall" series and "The High Price of Pest Control" - he infuses his writing with humor but also knows how to write a story that keeps you on the edge of your chair.

I just finished the book, so I need to come back and write a proper review. I look forward to the next book in this series.
Becky
I enjoyed Wild Talents quite a bit. Angelica is a great character, and Sherman really nailed the voice and insecurities of a teenage girl. I loved the gay bff Carlos and thought his power was unique. The concept of "wild talents" developing in the population, and a villain looking to exploit them, was interesting. I look forward to where the story goes from here.

I do think that the story could have been tightened up a bit. In one scene, we were about to get an important bit of information and An
Furio
This is the first volume of a Y.A. oriented urban fantasy series. It is fairly long and currently reasonably priced. The rest of the series has not been published yet.

The story is set in present-day Manhattan but the city is hardly relevant as most of the action takes place in private mansions. Though the cast is ethnically diverse and politically very correct -one of the leads is also out and proud gay- everyone is filthy rich, at least by proxy.
I guess the idea was that of creating the equival
Morgan
Feb 11, 2014 Morgan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Teens and older who enjoy paranormal romance
Shelves: fav, rereads, wish-i-owned
Ok, so I dont normally do reviews, but im rereading this book for the millionth time and I feel like I should. I love the banter(I think thats the word) between Carlos and Angelica. Its funny, and its something a normal person would say. The romance isnt insta-love, thank god, and everythings pretty realistic.(For a book where the two main charecters can read minds and speak to electronics)
Andrea
I thoroughly enjoyed this well-written y-a novel. Classic good-against-evil plot, with the raging megalomaniac villain and his minions pitted against the small group of gifted friends who band together to save the world. There's a reason that trope is revisited so often in literature; when it is done well, it is very satisfying. I loved the set of talents possessed by the kids -- especially that of the extremely engaging Carlos. I am quite looking forward to the next installment in this series. ...more
Mandi
*Fan-girl squeal* OH MY GOD!! OH MY GOD!!! OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD!!!
anyway, i lovvved this book(if you couldnt tell) I am really looking for to the next one. Mr. Sherman, if you are reading this review( i know you are)can you please please please send me a message when the second one is done? THANKS!!
Eddie Case
Great dialogue. Unexpected twists. Clever talents. Unlike so many paranormal books (especially YA ones) I wasn't frustrated at how slowly the characters figured things out. I think that was what I enjoyed the most about this book. Definitely can't wait for the sequel.
Auraya
Wow, half the time I forgot these guys were only around 16. They were acting very mature for their age and I loved it. <3 the heroine.
Phoenix
I find most books predictable, this one (even though filled with foreshadowing) had some surprises. Good story, good characters.
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Joe Crawford
Joe Crawford marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Lynne
Lynne marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Cindy Feldhiser
Cindy Feldhiser marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Stanley Faris
Stanley Faris marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Grace
Grace marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Yaminoaibou
Yaminoaibou marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Erick
Erick marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Lexi
Lexi marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Joy Brown
Joy Brown marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
T Charlton
T Charlton marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
First You Fall (Kevin Connor Mystery #1) Second You Sin (Kevin Connor Mystery #2) Third You Die (Kevin Connor Mystery #3) The High Price of Pest Control