Start by marking “Romancing the West (Wild West, #2)” as Want to Read:
Romancing the West (Wild West, #2)

Romancing the West (Wild West #2)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Emily McBride is in a pickle. The preacher's daughter secretly writes scandalous romantic adventures. But someone's uncovered her secret talent and threatens to expose her double life. Her small town friends and the man of her dreams will never speak to her again. Worse, she's growing fond of her new friend, a literary poet, who would surely be horrified by her novels.

When
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published October 1st 2007 by Medallion Press

To ask other readers questions about Romancing the West, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Romancing the West

Miriam
***Received from Tasty Book Tours for an honest review***

Between Emily's penchant for dressing like a tomboy and Seth's "disguise" as someone else, I was either laughing, smiling, wondering, or cheering.

Though I didn't really like Seth not correcting Emily mistaking him for Paris' friend Mr. Pinkerton, I did like how he struggled with maintaining his cover and telling her the truth. His genuine curiosity about her at their initial meeting grew beautifully into lust and love as he got to know her
Patti
Oct 23, 2008 Patti rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Romance readers who like humor too
This book was fun! It takes place in Phoenix (!) and the Napa Valley area in 1878. I liked the main characters, and the secondary characters added a lot to the story--not taking anything away from the main characters at all. Emily McBride, preacher's daughter, and having recently lost both her parents, is being blackmailed. Her best friend, who is pregnant & can't travel, sends Seth Wright, lawman, to investigate what's going on, undercover. Seth befriends Emily, under the guise of being gay ...more
Reading Bliss
I love the story between Emily and Seth it was fantastic. Seth leaves Arizona under orders from two of the Garrett siblings, one sending him to help her and fall in love with her while the other sends him to bring her back to be his wife. He gets there and Emily thinks he is somebody else. Emily already has two people wanting to marry her and one of them won't back off. She also has a blackmailer.

This book was full of fun and kept me entertained. I can't wait to read the rest of these books to s
Ashley
Jan 10, 2015 Ashley rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: arc

Tatrd
Seth Wright & Emily McBride
Seth is sent from AZ territory to Heaven, CA to get Emily to bring her back to marry a family friend. He hasn't asked her but Seth has a letter to give her. She won't travel with just anyone so Seth is posing as a poet (which is too funny) so she talks him into teaching her to kiss. They both wear glasses.
Review
Sam Cheever
I LOVED this book! I haven't been caught up in a book like this in a long time. The story line is wonderful. The characters are amazing. And the writing is perfect. I'll be reading more from this author!
Melissa Benini
LOVED IT!!! I'm hooked on this series and this author! Fun characters with wonderful personalities and great plot.
Anne
Jul 29, 2012 Anne rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: have-a
Super Cute Western Without All The Sometimes Heavy Historical Stuff !!! Loved The Trilogy !!!
Loisa
Loisa added it
Mar 20, 2015
Alda
Alda marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Cynthia Pratt
Cynthia Pratt marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Ehlimana
Ehlimana marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Regina Kammer
Regina Kammer marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Lyndsie
Lyndsie marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Storytelling comes naturally to award-winning author Beth Ciotta. Limiting herself to one sub-genre does not. Dubbed “fun and sexy” by Publisher’s Weekly, Beth specializes in writing Romantic Comedy with a Twist of Suspense and is published in contemporary, historical, and paranormal romantic fiction. “I can’t think of anything more fulfilling than writing stories where everyone (except the villai ...more
More about Beth Ciotta...

Wild West (3 books)
  • Lasso the Moon (Wild West, #1)
  • The Fall of Rome (Wild West, #3)
Fool for Love (Cupcake Lovers, #1) Her Sky Cowboy (The Glorious Victorious Darcys, #1) Out of Eden (The McGraws, #1) The Trouble with Love (Cupcake Lovers, #2) Anything But Love (Cupcake Lovers, #3)