Start by marking “Romancing the West (Wild West, #2)” as Want to Read:
Romancing the West (Wild West, #2)

Romancing the West (Wild West #2)

4.29  ·  Rating Details  ·  63 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Emily McBride is in a pickle. The preacher's daughter secretly writes scandalous romantic adventures. But someone's uncovered her secret talent and threatens to expose her double life. Her small town friends and the man of her dreams will never speak to her again. Worse, she's growing fond of her new friend, a literary poet, who would surely be horrified by her novels.

When
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published October 1st 2007 by Medallion Press

To ask other readers questions about Romancing the West, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Romancing the West

Amy
Jul 30, 2015 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a wonderful book! It was a great follow up to Lasso the Moon! I loved the characters and the pace and the just right amount of romance and suspense. It was a fast read, great for a weekend treat!! I can't wait to read Rome's story next!! :) Great plot turns and I am happy with the conclusion, although I could have happily read a few hundred more pages :)
Deidre Motto
Jul 29, 2015 Deidre Motto rated it it was amazing
I have loved everything this author has written, Contemporary, to Steampunk, to Paranormal, to the first book in this series, "Lasso The Moon". I was given a free copy of this book to review, but couldn't get it to load, so I bought it. So, I am going to gush away, since I paid for this and was in no way compensated!

The second book in the Peacemakers series is my favorite, out of all of her books. Everything just clicks, from the characters, to the plot twists, to the small details in the story.
Dee
Jul 22, 2015 Dee rated it it was amazing
Librarian and daughter of a minister Emily McBride seems to fit the double stereotype. She's shy, demure, loyal and has been in love with Rome Garrett her whole life. Almost everyone on Heaven adore her. After her father died, men suddenly began proposing, but Emily's backbone was strong, and she said no. Yet Emily had other problems which included a blackmailer. Why would this sweet woman have a blackmailer.
Former sheriff, Seth Wright received 3 assignments from 3 different people all with the
Casey Hagen
Jul 21, 2015 Casey Hagen rated it it was amazing
This book was excellent from the first word to the last!!!

Favorite quotes:
"Taking orders from a man who substituted dad-blame-it for goddammit made Seth's ass twitch."
"This time next month he'd be kicking criminal ass Peacemaker style."
"Now she wasn't the old Emily, or the new Emily, just a confused Emily stuck in between."
"The woman dressed on the wild side, but when it came to physical intimacy, she was wound tighter than a toad's ass."

How did I get those quotes you might ask? I literally took
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Romancing the West by Beth Ciotta

A rollicking good time in the old Wild West. Lots of humor, plenty of adventure and a female heroine who learns to support herself and stand on her own.
I typically don't read a lot of historical romance. I guess I consider it boring. Not this author. It was really fun. And the men are hot and sexy too.

Seth Wright, Former ranger, former sheriff, is offered the position of a elite government agent. His first mission is to find Emily McBride and present a marriage p
Miriam
Apr 13, 2014 Miriam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***Received from Tasty Book Tours for an honest review***

Between Emily's penchant for dressing like a tomboy and Seth's "disguise" as someone else, I was either laughing, smiling, wondering, or cheering.

Though I didn't really like Seth not correcting Emily mistaking him for Paris' friend Mr. Pinkerton, I did like how he struggled with maintaining his cover and telling her the truth. His genuine curiosity about her at their initial meeting grew beautifully into lust and love as he got to know her
Kelli Jo
Jul 28, 2015 Kelli Jo rated it it was amazing
Ciotta definitely knows how to Romance the West!! This is a very fun story of mixed signals, mix up of names, and definitely mixed up intentions! Beth teaches us to never marry for anything less than love - don't just marry to give your children a mother, never think you can't be faithful because your father wasn't, and sometimes, sometimes love is waiting just around the corner in the very last person you thought. Oh, and, be very careful of wolves in sheep's clothing! Read this book!!
Patti
Oct 23, 2008 Patti rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Romance readers who like humor too
This book was fun! It takes place in Phoenix (!) and the Napa Valley area in 1878. I liked the main characters, and the secondary characters added a lot to the story--not taking anything away from the main characters at all. Emily McBride, preacher's daughter, and having recently lost both her parents, is being blackmailed. Her best friend, who is pregnant & can't travel, sends Seth Wright, lawman, to investigate what's going on, undercover. Seth befriends Emily, under the guise of being gay ...more
Carrie
Aug 05, 2015 Carrie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: guilty-pleasures
After enjoying Lasso the Moon so much, I was eager to dive into Romancing the West and had high hopes. I was not disappointed. I ended up staying up far past my bedtime 3 successive nights to finish this tale...an undercover hero set on solving a mystery can't help but fall in love with an eccentric heroine with a secret. And the side plot romance? Frosting on the cupcake!
Reading Bliss
Jun 01, 2014 Reading Bliss rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the story between Emily and Seth it was fantastic. Seth leaves Arizona under orders from two of the Garrett siblings, one sending him to help her and fall in love with her while the other sends him to bring her back to be his wife. He gets there and Emily thinks he is somebody else. Emily already has two people wanting to marry her and one of them won't back off. She also has a blackmailer.

This book was full of fun and kept me entertained. I can't wait to read the rest of these books to s
Ashley
Jan 10, 2015 Ashley rated it it was amazing

Tatrd
Apr 12, 2011 Tatrd rated it really liked it
Seth Wright & Emily McBride
Seth is sent from AZ territory to Heaven, CA to get Emily to bring her back to marry a family friend. He hasn't asked her but Seth has a letter to give her. She won't travel with just anyone so Seth is posing as a poet (which is too funny) so she talks him into teaching her to kiss. They both wear glasses.
Review
Sherry
Jun 10, 2015 Sherry rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! I don't want to give away any spoilers, but I can say I did NOT expect it to take the turn it did, and that was a wonderful plot twist that Beth handled very expertly! What a fun, fun adventure!
Sam Cheever
May 07, 2009 Sam Cheever rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book! I haven't been caught up in a book like this in a long time. The story line is wonderful. The characters are amazing. And the writing is perfect. I'll be reading more from this author!
Melissa Benini
Jan 08, 2014 Melissa Benini rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT!!! I'm hooked on this series and this author! Fun characters with wonderful personalities and great plot.
Anne
Jul 29, 2012 Anne rated it really liked it
Shelves: have-a
Super Cute Western Without All The Sometimes Heavy Historical Stuff !!! Loved The Trilogy !!!
Andretta
Andretta rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2016
roxanna blazer
roxanna blazer rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2016
Sheryl
Sheryl marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2016
Heidi King
Heidi King marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Maria Proctor
Maria Proctor marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Jennifer Phillips Canty
Jennifer Phillips Canty marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Cheryl Roberts
Cheryl Roberts rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2016
Ann Noble
Ann Noble marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2016
chauncil hawkins
chauncil hawkins rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2015
Bobbi Ballou
Bobbi Ballou marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Mother
Mother added it
Feb 07, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Storytelling comes naturally to award-winning author Beth Ciotta. Limiting herself to one sub-genre does not. Dubbed “fun and sexy” by Publisher’s Weekly, Beth specializes in writing Romantic Comedy with a Twist of Suspense and is published in contemporary, historical, and paranormal romantic fiction. “I can’t think of anything more fulfilling than writing stories where everyone (except the villai ...more
More about Beth Ciotta...

Wild West (3 books)
  • Lasso the Moon (Wild West, #1)
  • The Fall of Rome (Wild West, #3)