Start by marking “The Rag Doll Plagues” as Want to Read:
The Rag Doll Plagues

The Rag Doll Plagues

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  101 ratings  ·  6 reviews
a novel akin to Latin American magical realists
Published October 1st 1991 by Arte Publico Pr (first published January 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about The Rag Doll Plagues, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rag Doll Plagues

Gladys
Ohh, I don't even know where to start. I, in fact, did not mind the style this book was written in. It was a little wonky at times, but none that put me off. The context and premise of the book was enticing enough to keep me going. That or well the fact that I only had one morning to read this book before my class started. I'm giving this book 4 stars, because I honestly enjoyed it. Besides all the other Chican@ scifi books that I had to read for my class, this one along with Lunar Braceros, had ...more
Ry
I don't know why, but Morales doesn't really do it for me. His writing is definitely vivid, but there's something about it that seems off for me. The narrative voice does not lend itself to my the delicate sensibilities of my ears or something like that. Though people who are fans of narrative voice that sounds more akin to oral tradition should definitely check this book out.
Carol
Given to me by a friend who recently returned from a trip to Mexico. Interesting concept of a plague and the medical people involved, three stories at three differnet times, past, far past and far into the future. It was an interesting concept but not especially well written.
Anastacia
This is an interesting book. The writing isn't the best, but it is still pretty good. I liked the idea of telling the story in the past, present and future. It may not be for everyone, but I like books like these, I feel it deserves more attention than it has been given.
Rocio
I spent two years trying to remember the name of this book so I could read it again! It has been so long since I read it, but I do remember I loved this book. Gonna re-read it now that I've got my hands on it!
Michellepbaca
I wrote my MA thesis on this book. It's good Chicano quasi-sci fi, and some gore.
Edward Mendez
Edward Mendez is currently reading it
Apr 29, 2015
Wenting
Wenting marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Juan
Juan is currently reading it
Mar 08, 2015
Eric Hamako
Eric Hamako marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Ching-In
Ching-In marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Edwin
Edwin marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Jes Pulido
Jes Pulido marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Desiree
Desiree marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Brick People Barrio on the Edge: Caras Viejas y Vino Nuevo The Captain of All These Men of Death Reto En El Paraiso Death of an Anglo