Start by marking “Cómo plantar un arco iris” as Want to Read:
Cómo plantar un arco iris

Cómo plantar un arco iris

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  2,887 ratings  ·  146 reviews
Available for the first time in Spanish, this new edition of Lois Ehlert's vibrant gardening classic will delight little rainbow-planters everywhere.
Board Book, 32 pages
Published March 1st 2006 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Cómo plantar un arco iris, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cómo plantar un arco iris

Gulzar Malji
This is a story about a little girl and her mother who plant seeds in their garden. The girl sees these different coloured flowers come out but thinks they are rainbows.

This is a great book for EYFS, KS1 and KS2. Nursery can use this to be introduced to colours. Reception children will develop their KUW of how plants grow. We could bring in some real plants and flowers for the children. KS1 /2 will be able to use this to learn about the life cycle as part of science and perhaps base a lesson aro...more
Tanya Bornstein
This book so much fun! I love how they used the colors of the rainbow to help children understand how to plant seeds and tend to them. This book is quiet colorful and easy to read. Children will love it!

L.E: After reading this book allowed the children can plant their own seed in the classroom have each plant up by the window and the children can check its progress everyday and water it when they think it is needed.

Content:
1. Plants grow in the spring time.
2. Seeds need to be in warm soil to g...more
Kelli Bratten
Louis Ehlert books are wonderful for the colorful illustrations and introduction of new words. Many of the plants will be new to the kids and will present new vocabulary. I would use this book for a kindergarten or first grade, possibly second grade classroom, since there are less words throughout the book. This book could be used on a unit in teaching living v. nonliving. As a class we would plant our own plants to ingrain the steps in the book and other books we would have read. Since many of...more
June
May 15, 2014 June rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents and early elementary or preshool children
Shelves: programbook, gardens
I use this every year for spring-flower-gardening story time. It is always a big hit with preschool. We end by making a flower picture on a flannel board. 1992

A girl picked this (I had her select, so she would listen to a story instead of going to the Early Learning computer.) tonight and had Ms. Piggy (her stuffed animal?) name all the colors (a boy and his dragon got in on the act too). 5/22/12

Used this for a preschool garden program, since we had it in a big book format and I had 2 day cares...more
Amanda Funnell
I loved the intentionality in this book...use of words that would stretch a child's vocabulary and plants that are labeled with the colors that the plant will grow to become.
midnightfaerie
We really enjoyed this book, the whole family. Bright colorful pictures, all about planting colorful flowers so you have a rainbow garden, this book is a solid level 1 reading book, as long as you don't count the names of the flowers. A great book to expand your vocabulary for flowers, although, even I had a difficult time remembering how to pronounce some of the names of the flowers.
Donna
Colorful, sweet and simple story about a flower garden.
Vivian
We have a giant class-room-size edition of this book, so of course it was selected to launch our garden-theme story time. (I say "we" because we have two story-performers, which really helps ratchet up the energy level). We didn't 'read' it verbatim, but instead pointed to the pictures and invited the children to name the color. For instance, on the page showing seed packets we asked, "What color is this?" and after they responded we'd say the name of the flower and invite them to repeat it with...more
Evan Williamson
Apr 04, 2012 Evan Williamson rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids
As reviewed by a Friend of the Library and co-head of the Bannville Ladies Auxillary, Betsy Farmer

Summary
Oh, my goodness gracious, this book is the cutest thing in the whole wide world of sports, y’all! It’s all about this little girl that plants flowers with her mama and calls them rainbows cause of all the colors! Can you believe it? I almost cried because it was just like the time my mom took me to the Wal-Mart garden center and left me there to shop for three whole days til they got tired of...more
Lizzy
This book describes a child and her mother planting flowers in the garden every year. They plant many different seeds and bulbs to have a garden that has all the colors of the rainbow. It's a book that describes planting and introduces basic plant vocabulary in a visually enticing way. It is also good for color identification and appropriate for children of varying needs.
Theme: plants
Topic: Science- life cycle and what plants need to grow, color-identification
Bix
This concept book will introduce toddlers to colors, while older children will also learn about types of flowers and some basics of gardening. An ABA 'Pick of the Lists' selection and an NSTA-CBC 'Outstanding Science Book for Children.' Recommended for school visits to a Kindergarten or first grade class."

CIP: "A mother and child plant a rainbow of flowers in the family garden."

SLJ: "PreSchool-Grade 1... [A] dazzling celebration of the colorful variety in a flower garden and the cyclical excitem...more
Aprils
I love flowers and rainbows, so this book is perfect for me. The illustrations are gorgeous. The two-page bouquet at the end is so beautiful. I can't wait to share this book with my own children someday. I would show this book to preschoolers in March to show them how some flowers grow from bulbs in the ground.
Kiera Turner
I love this book! I love the illustrations and the beautiful colorful flowers. I used this book during the theme growing and changing but more for the science part when the children were able to plant their own flower. I also loved the academic language in the book such as bulb, seed and seedlings.
Liz Todd
The K class loved this book.

Questioning: How can you plant a rainbow?

Close read: LOTS of great vocabulary to explore and plenty of visual and text-based clues provided.

I enjoyed how the author sorted flowers by colors. I thought it was cute that she compared the flowers to a rainbow. I like how the book explains how gardens are made.
Joyce
Bright and colorful illustrations help teach kids about flowers and colors. Used in preschool visit to the library; students enjoyed shouting out the colors.
Athena
I like to turn the rainbow pages, but this book has too much going on for my baby brain right now. Mom says I can grow with this book, though.
Jill
Fun intro to plants and the seasons of planting and waiting. Fun for my daughter and I to read and it introduces you to several varieties of plants and flowers.
Jess
“Every year Mom and I plant a rainbow,” begins the unseen narrator, and readers are introduced not only to the rainbow, but to the process of planting and tending a garden and the life cycle of plants. The pictures are clear, with flat, bright colors, and text the text is used not only to tell the story of the garden but to identify plants through out the process. Each bulb is labeled, and then each seedling and plant as they grow. While the illustrations are somewhat stylized, they are clear en...more
Tatiana
Ideas for using this book:
--Focus skill of categorizing
--Foldables for organizing flowers/plants by color
--Science/plants life cycle
Franklin Park Public Library
This bright and colorful book about flowers was a big hit in our spring-themed Storytime presented to the Park District Preschool classes.
Sarah Sammis
Besides being addicted to all things monster, Sean loves to garden. In the winter when it's too cold to plant flowers he likes to read about flowers. He recently read to me Planting a Rainbow by Lois Ehlert.

Lois Ehlert's bright illustrations made of primary colors and basic shapes go through the rainbow with suggestions of things to plant to get those different colors. Although it's a picture book it does provide the names of the different flowers and plants highlighted. It would make a good ref...more
Shawn Marie
If you have a garden lover like my daughter, they are sure to love this colorful book about planting a rainbow of flowers.
Children's Literature Project
Grade Level Equivalent: 2.5

Summary: "Planting a Rainbow" shows children the transformation from a seed to garden full of beautiful plants. The colorful pictures help children envision the journey plants undergo every spring and the multitude of flowers and other types of vegetation that may be found in a garden.

Lesson Integration: This book can be used cross-curriculum both in science and reading. The children can use this book to draw and label the stages found in the plant cycle (ie. seed, bu...more
Amy Mcmullan
This book is fairly simple in terms of literacy, but could be part of a science lesson on plant life.
Brandi
Simple, bright illustrations depict the flower garden rainbow a mother and child plant in this picture book. The specific plants, their distinct flower, leaf, root, and seed shapes, are a neat detail of the book.
Julie Graham 47150
There are many books about the lifecycle of a seed/plant. In this text, however, Ehlert tells the yearly cycle and process that people go through when planning, planting, and picking flowers in a garden. In this story a mother and child plant bulbs in fall, order seeds from catalogs in winter, eagerly anticipate the first shoots of spring, select seedlings in summer, "and watch the rainbow grow." I read this story to my class the day after I had read Eric Carle's, "The Tiny Seed." My students ma...more
Shakita
This book is really colorful and informative. It would be great for someone who loved flowers or a child who loved bright colors. This book would be good when we talked about plant cycles and the different types of plants. This book has all kinds of flowers inside that students may have seen outside the classroom. As I read the book, I identified flowers by seeing which ones my mother had planted before. As a class, we could plant a small garden of flowers for the school and maintain that to sho...more
Whole And
LOVE this book! Lois Ehlert really goes above and beyond once again with beautiful illustrations and colours. This book will help children aware of the process of planting, from seeds and bulbs to planting in the right seasons and watching everything grow and bloom. Elhert offers the education piece as well naming all the plants as you read along. Perfect book to guide the summer months in planting your own garden and identifying all kinds of gorgeous flowers. My daughter and I read this very of...more
Libby
Mar 05, 2013 Libby is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Several concepts are explored in this book, all of which incorporate the use of labeling to explain and connect the concept of colors, flowers, planting and growing. Planting a Rainbow invites a child of 3 to practice their vocabulary and narrative skills and enables child and a caregiver to read and talk about concepts both old and new. Because children at this age are cognitively trying to distinguish between that which is alive and that which isn’t, this book is an excellent opportunity to di...more
  • Flower Garden
  • Up, Down, and Around
  • Little Blue and Little Yellow
  • Blue Goose
  • Butterfly Butterfly: A Book of Colors
  • Dog's Colorful Day: A Messy Story About Colors and Counting
  • Muncha! Muncha! Muncha!
  • My Garden