Start by marking “Plants of the Rocky Mountains” as Want to Read:
Plants of the Rocky Mountains

Plants of the Rocky Mountains

4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Over 1300 species of trees, shrubs, wildflowers, grasses, ferns, mosses and lichens are described and illustrated. Notes on origin of name, ecology, native uses, edibility and similar species are included, as are color-coded sections to allow for quick identification.
Published April 1st 1998 by Lone Pine Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Plants of the Rocky Mountains, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Plants of the Rocky Mountains

Teemee
This book is 4.5 stars, unfortunately that's not a choice here. This is a very useful guide -- for me the amount of detail was just right, and it gained a star from the addition of an ethnobotanical section. My only issues: 1) the plant listings are incomplete and the photos are often not good for identification (like trees with leaf closeups but no overall form, or vice versa; which would be fine for a small book to take hiking. However, 2) the book is a little too big to carry everywhere. I wi ...more
Kari
This is a GREAT book. I love taking it camping and identifying different wildflowers and plants with my kids. We can find the name of the plant by searching for the picture of the plant or flower in the book. Then we can read about its characteristics, whether or not it is edible, and much more. I have learned so much about the native plants in my area and in our favorite camp spots.
Bethy Miller
I carried this book with me everywhere on our trip this summer and Gordon can attest to me whipping it out at the sight of any slightly interesting looking flower. Often it had what I was looking for, but it often didn't. I feel like it was abridged. I guess I should just appreciate the pretty pictures and bring Lesica next time.
Teri
Super good plant guide! Love that is gives some uses of the plants, history, and is user friendly. I'll for sure be purchasing this one.
Plant Girl
I LOVE this guide. Definitely my favorite so far. The Lone Pine guides have not disappointed me.
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Carter Bland
Carter Bland marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2013
Daryl
Daryl marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Edible and Medicinal Plants of the Rockies Trees of Michigan: Including Tall Shrubs Trees of Ontario: Including Tall Shrubs Ontario Wildflowers: 101 Wayside Flowers Rare Vascular Plants of Alberta