Start by marking “Red River, Vol. 16 (Red River, #16)” as Want to Read:
Red River, Vol. 16 (Red River, #16)

Red River, Vol. 16 (Red River #16)

4.45  ·  Rating Details  ·  780 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Kail's trusted commander Rusafa, under the influence of Nakia's black water, has made off with Yuri and turned her over to Nakia's henchman Urhi. Kail is not fooled--his suspicions land squarely on Nakia, and he has her placed under house arrest. Kail then prepares to perform a public prayer, promising the Queen Dowager that she will be put to death if Yuri does not appear ...more
Published January 1st 2007 by Viz Media (first published March 26th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Red River, Vol. 16, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red River, Vol. 16

Lexie
Mar 31, 2014 Lexie rated it really liked it
Shelves: gns-owned-read
Welcome to Book 16 - Rusafa proves that he is a MUCH better man then basically every other guy that has wanted to be near Yuri is (with the possible exception of Kikkuri and Ilbani, who are very clearly KailxYuri FOREVER). Interestingly as these books progress Nakia (and Urhi) start relying on human nature flaws that pretty much Yuri's posse don't possess. At least not in such a way that Nakia can use them against her.

Anyhow! Awww love! ignore the age gap ignore the age gap ignore the age gap wh
Soobie's heartbroken
Beh, come previsto la Shinohara è andata a riprendere il filone narrativo aperto dalla confessione di Lusafa. Che comincia a starmi sempre più simpatico, povero.

Certo che 'sta storia dell'acqua nera comincia ad essere un po' vecchia. È sempre quella e nessuno sembra credere che ci sia Nakia dietro. Dai, caspita, un po' di fantasia.

Nel frattempo la regina acconsente al matrimonio tra Yuri e Kail a patto che lei diventi il comandante della guardia reale. Ma ancora non si capiscono i motivi.
Miss Ryoko
Dec 25, 2014 Miss Ryoko rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, library-book
First of all, Kail is a horny bastard XD Always after something slightly intense happens to Yuri, he's basically like "Let's bang." I'm glad she finally told him no this time :-p

Second of all, if Yuri is like super good at fighting martially and all, then WHY does she never fight back during all these times she's getting kidnapped? I mean, for real? She could probably beat the crap out of all the people and easily get away. *sigh* It's slightly frustrating for me because she's supposed to be thi
Destiny
Jul 24, 2014 Destiny rated it it was amazing
Love this series. Must read for fans of Inuyasha and From Far Away.
Victoria Newman
Aug 22, 2015 Victoria Newman rated it it was amazing
Is a great book to read
Lauren
Feb 09, 2015 Lauren rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
What first drew me to this series was the romantic historical aspect. I loved how a modern day girl gets pulled back into the past. I don't know what it is about those stories that attract me so much, maybe it is the difficulty for the girl of fitting in and having to rely on the guy so much to be able to get along in the world.

I would really recommend this series to fans of Inuyasha, it has a lot of the same concepts.
Jenny Crenshaw
Mar 09, 2015 Jenny Crenshaw rated it it was amazing
Red River was one of the best stories I've ever read. It was well plotted out. The connections I made with the characters was amazing and abnormal. I can say that this is one of the cutest mangas I've seen.
Sannie Hald
So I read vol. 16 without reading any of the others as I got it by buying 3 random mystery mangas.. I actually liked it!
Stephanie
Apr 08, 2008 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-shoujo
I love this series and my review is on vol. 1 as to why I love it so!
Holly
Dec 02, 2009 Holly rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story, beautiful artwork, and great characters.
Brianna
May 04, 2012 Brianna rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
pretty good
Tiffany Yuet
Tiffany Yuet rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2016
rêveur d'art
rêveur d'art marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Christine Kim
Christine Kim rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2016
krystal pinales
krystal pinales marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
Nouva
Nouva rated it really liked it
May 16, 2016
Gaby
Gaby rated it really liked it
May 16, 2016
Nurul Husna
Nurul Husna rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2016
Irish Monroe
Irish Monroe rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2016
Rae
Rae rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2016
Katherine
Katherine rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2016
God's Eye Galateea
God's Eye Galateea rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2016
  • From Far Away, Vol. 06
  • Sensual Phrase, Vol. 18
  • Fushigi Yûgi: Genbu Kaiden, Vol. 05
Chie Shinohara (篠原千絵 Shinohara Chie, born February 15) is an award winning Japanese manga artist best-known for Red River, known in Japan as Sora wa Akai Kawa no Hotori: Anatolia Story. She has twice received the Shogakukan Manga Award for shōjo, in 1987 for Yami no Purple Eye and in 2001 for Red River.
Aside from her comics work, she has also written several prose novels. She has published the six
More about Chie Shinohara...

Red River (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Red River, Vol. 1 (Red River, #1)
  • Red River, Vol. 2 (Red River, #2)
  • Red River, Vol. 3 (Red River, #3)
  • Red River, Vol. 4 (Red River, #4)
  • Red River, Vol. 5 (Red River, #5)
  • Red River, Vol. 6 (Red River, #6)
  • Red River, Vol. 7 (Red River, #7)
  • Red River, Vol. 8 (Red River, #8)
  • Red River, Vol. 9 (Red River, #9)
  • Red River, Vol. 10 (Red River, #10)