A Field Guide to the Plants of Arizona

A Field Guide to the Plants of Arizona

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  2 reviews
More than 900 color photographs and descriptive text identify Arizona's unique flora, including wildflowers, cacti, trees, and other plant life.
Published March 1st 1997 by FalconGuides (first published 1995)

Zepp
This book is a pretty good overview of Arizona's plant species, but it is not as comprehensive as it claims (how could it be?). The organization is poor- lots of cross-referencing can be required just to look up a plant. The pictures are close-ups of flowers, and often give no indication what the plant looks like when not blooming- especially frustrating for the desert plants. I have found this book more helpful in mountainous areas than deserts, and for wildflowers more than for shrubs.
Still, a...more
Alison DeLaine
I use this book so much it's becoming tattered. I like the way the plants are organized according to flower color and number of petals. I find it easy to flip through and search the photos that way, and so far, I've been able to identify almost every plant I've wondered about. The book is organized with one section for photos and a separate section for information, with each cross-referenced to the other. Often there is interesting information about the plants in the info section.
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Makaela
Makaela marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2011
Jean
Jean added it
Jun 20, 2010
Ó Ruairc
Ó Ruairc marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2009
Nature Crafts Plants of Arizona, 2nd Modern Science Quiz book Something from Nothing Crafts The Amphibians Of New England