Start by marking “Dinosaur Babies” as Want to Read:
Dinosaur Babies

Dinosaur Babies

A newly updated leveled reader including the latest scientific information on dinosaurs, for children who recognize familiar words and sound out new words with help.

With revised illustrations reflecting our new understanding of dinosaurs, this updated Science Reader is as scientifically accurate today—and as easy to read—as when it was first published in 1991. An ideal
Published August 20th 1991 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published August 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Dinosaur Babies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dinosaur Babies

Michelle Finkle
Apr 08, 2014 Michelle Finkle rated it liked it
My kindergartner's accelerated reading book. He seemed to enjoy it but I found it very dry.
Terry
Mar 12, 2012 Terry added it
Little Kid Reaction: My boys LOVED this book. They loved learning about dinosaurs, babies and adults alike. My 6 year old worked through the pages with some help.

Big Kid Reaction: I loved the book and was impressed at how it simplified dinosaur facts to a level an early reader. The content was engaging and interesting, NOT dumbed down. Great illustrations round out this book as a must-have for early readers who are open to dinosaur lore! For the most adventurous, the illustrations are labeled wi
Lorie
Oct 17, 2014 Lorie rated it liked it
Shelves: nky-clear
This book is from the Step into Reading A Science Reader series. It contains basic vocabulary that can be read alone and some words that a child might need help with when sounding them out. It would be appropriate for children in grades K-1. The simple sentence and language will appeal to a child learning to read on their own. Children who are interested in dinosaurs may know much of the information given in the book, so they may be ready for longer books on the subject.

The illustrations appear
Marie F
Nov 15, 2015 Marie F rated it really liked it
Shelves: kidlets
My boy Kindergatener brought this home (AR reading). He wrestled a bit with some of the words so he read it 3 times to really understand. But he didn't mind, as he loved it. He greatly enjoyed the comparisons made (view spoiler), and I think they helped make the material more graspable for him. (view spoiler) ...more
Caryn Caldwell
Sep 21, 2014 Caryn Caldwell rated it really liked it
This early reader explains what scientists know about the lives of baby dinosaurs. Illustrations include dinosaur names and pronunciation guides. With its high-interest topic, large font, and simple sentences, this book is perfect for young dinosaur lovers, or those who simply want a good introduction to nonfiction.
R4
R4 rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2012
Kyven
Kyven rated it it was ok
Sep 11, 2016
♥ Susan
♥ Susan rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2011
Robert
Robert rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2016
Dasha Pishchulina
Dasha Pishchulina rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2015
Jill
Jill rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2010
Nigel
Nigel rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2011
Diane
Diane rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2014
Helen
Helen rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2016
Talia Brown
Talia Brown rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2016
Peacegal
Apr 30, 2016 Peacegal rated it liked it
Simple reader about how dinos raised their young. I know I would have liked this as a kid.
Alex Owen
Alex Owen rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2014
Leora
Leora rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2014
Anand
Anand rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2015
J.
J. rated it liked it
May 15, 2016
Oksana
Oksana rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2016
Jitendra
Feb 07, 2016 Jitendra rated it it was amazing
Informative book about dinosaurs.
Lindsey Wilhite
Lindsey Wilhite rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2015
Partridge Public
Penner, Lucille Recht K-1st
Amanda Talbert
Amanda Talbert rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2015
Laura rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2010
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2014
Beth
Beth rated it liked it
May 01, 2012
Janice
Janice rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Lucille Recht Penner is the author of many nonfiction books for kids, including Dinosaur Babies and Monster Bugs in Random House’s Step into Reading program. She lives in Tucson, AZ.
More about Lucille Recht Penner...