Start by marking “Shapers of Darkness (Winds of the Forelands, #4)” as Want to Read:
Shapers of Darkness (Winds of the Forelands, #4)

Shapers of Darkness (Winds of the Forelands #4)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  499 ratings  ·  10 reviews
The Forelands are at war. The magic-wielding Qirsi and their Eandi masters have mobilized their forces. The Eandi have had to look beyond past differences to make alliances for the sake of the future, praying it isn't too late for them to change the outcome of the war. Tavis, an Eandi prince who was framed for murdering the princess to whom he was pledged, and endured tort ...more
Published February 6th 2007 by Tor Fantasy (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Shapers of Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shapers of Darkness

Tim Pollard
I found Shapers of Darkness to be the weakest of the five but I can't quite place why. The pace moves along rather quickly but I found myself thoroughly uninterested in certain plot lines (most predominantly the goings on in Galdasten)--so much that I took a nearly three month hiatus from reading halfway through and just recently finished it up. That isn't to say that this book isn't entertaining because it is, I just found it less so than the others, including Weavers of War (the fifth book in ...more
Much like Jordan's The Wheel of Time series, The Winds of the Forelands has been so massive that stories and characters after often given one or two chapters per book making it extremely difficult to remember the inactive stories as the currently active ones continue on. That being said, the main plots themselves have good pacing and general layout stop the book from becoming one long battle or discussion by mixing the two.
I am now 4/5'ths of the way through this series and I have really enjoyed it. The only complaints it is the number of characters and sometimes the plot gets really intricate. Overall it has been a great series. I am looking forward to the final book.
Chris Pacheco
i dont have time to say much, THIS SERIES WAS EXCEPTIONAL! One of the most innovative, enthralling stories iv'e ever read that has emotional and political depth that i believe that deserves a second read.
The war is staring to ramp up in earnest now and things are getting really exciting. I flew through this book faster than I thought possible, always a good sign.
Better than the first book. More conflict, conflict resolution, confessions, etc. Quite dramatic overall.
This is a good continuation of the series that sets the stage for the final volume of the series.
Maryam P.
This book marked the beginning of the boring part of the series for me :(
Still going good in the series! Can't wait for the wrap up in the last book.
See first book for review of entire series =)
Shuttlemechanic marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2015
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
Bill marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Jason Achman
Jason Achman marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015
Andrew marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
KC marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2015
J. added it
Sep 07, 2015
Sydney marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2015
Lisam marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2015
  • Cadmian's Choice (Corean Chronicles, #5)
  • The Rose of the World (Fool's Gold, #3)
  • The Crown Tower - Free Preview (The First 5 Chapters)
  • The Sword of Angels (The Bronze Knight, #3)
  • The Nameless Day (The Crucible, #1)
  • Exile's Children (Exiles, #1)
  • A Wizard and a Warlord (Rogue Wizard, #8)
  • The Diamond Isle (Dreamtime, #3)
  • Daughter of Ancients (The Bridge of D'Arnath, #4)
  • Southern Fire (The Aldabreshin Compass, #1)
  • Deliberations: A Foreigner Short Story
  • The Lair of Bones (Runelords, #4)
  • An Enemy Reborn (Realms of Chaos: The Second Book)
David B. Coe is an author of fantasy novels and short stories. He lives with his wife, Nancy Berner, and their two daughters on the Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee.
He has begun writing a new historical fantasy series under the pen name D.B. Jackson. The first one is titled Thieftaker, published in 2012.
More about David B. Coe...

Winds of the Forelands (5 books)
  • Rules of Ascension (Winds of the Forelands, #1)
  • Seeds of Betrayal (Winds of the Forelands, #2)
  • Bonds of Vengeance (Winds of the Forelands, #3)
  • Weavers of War (Winds of the Forelands, #5)